Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    if the yanks have no intention of andujar being the third baseman of the future.. then it's all aboard for machado after this season.. what happens to drury once the yanks get machado next season.. trade him...
    Drury I think will stick around for the long haul. Can play 2B or 3B and has experience at 1B/COF. I think he becomes super sub if we get Machado.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Moose doesn't play 2B

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    He also would have cost a draft pick and international spending money. But don't let feelings get in your way.

don't like the move at all along with drury .. seems they don't wan't to give andujar and torres a chance this year
    Shocker that the guy who treats minor league players with no experience like perennial all stars doesn't like the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Shocker that the guy who treats minor league players with no experience like perennial all stars doesn't like the trade.
    To be fair, Andujar will easily be the next Arod talent wise. Anything less would be a severe disappointment.

neil walker is washed up production wise.. and he can't even stay healthy on the field the last 2 years.. for the money they gave walker.. they should have went after mouse ..
    .274/.355/.458 with a 118 wRC+ and 5.9 WAR over the last two seasons. Yeah...."washed up."

This could also be an under the radar trade candidate at the deadline. If two of Torres, Wade, Andujar and/or Drury prove that they're ready to be everyday guys for this team, Walker is very easily moveable to replenish some of these lost prospects.

if the yanks have no intention of andujar being the third baseman of the future.. then it's all aboard for machado after this season.. what happens to drury once the yanks get machado next season.. trade him...
    They "could" go after Machado, but its not a necessity anymore. They have home run hitting stars to attract fans in stanton and judge and they have Sanchez who's a great player. So cashman can stick to Drury if he wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don''t like it. If it was him and not Drury, sure, it makes a bunch of sense but both of them just took over 2nd and 3rd.

The youth movement just went bye-bye

I don't consider Brid 25, sanchez 25 and judge 26 (in a month) to be youth moves.
    I think it's BS. Now I'm worried a trade of a bunch of young promising talent is looming
    I'm all for the youth movement. But last year's playoff success turned us back into win-now mode and cashman is a guy that never really trusts younger players. I think if we had lost the wild card game the expectations might've been much lower.

I don’t see why this means we are “giving up” on the youth..

It means “we are contenders, and there’s no need to rush the prospects if they aren’t ready”.

I’d bet anything if Torres and Andujar are looking like they are ready to be full time players, they will be up mid season, and given plenty of opportunity to contribute. The guys we have keeping their spots warm will be no concern..

neil walker is washed up production wise.. [B]and he can't even stay healthy on the field the last 2 years..[?B] for the money they gave walker.. they should have went after mouse ..
    Who the **** is mouse?

If you are talking about Moose than that comment is BS. Outside of last year Moose has battled several injuries and I believe he was sent down to the minors not too long ago.

Yankees/Chiefs/Nets/Jayhawks

So for just $30 million in 2018 salary we could have had Arrieta and Moustakas.

We didn't have to waste $10 million on CC and had a better pitcher for the next 3 years, plus a 1 yr deal on Moustakas.

Thanks Cash!

ANd we would have still been below the $197 million mark.
    Nick

1998 Yankees 94-35. ---

2018 Red Sox 90-39 4

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    So for just $30 million in 2018 salary we could have had Arrieta and Moustakas.

We didn't have to waste $10 million on CC and had a better pitcher for the next 3 years, plus a 1 yr deal on Moustakas.

Thanks Cash!

ANd we would have still been below the $197 million mark.
    Arrieta is getting $30M this year.

http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/artic...6642&oid=36019

neil walker is washed up production wise.. and he can't even stay healthy on the field the last 2 years.. for the money they gave walker.. they should have went after mouse ..
    health risk sure but washed up far from it. He was really good offensively last year. Not sure what you based that statement on.14Hr 50 rbi.265avg.362obp

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Arrieta is getting $30M this year.

He loves to avoid adding that moose also costs a draft pick and international signing money. I guess UNK forgot to tell him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast