Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    This
    This

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

CBA question for TX or anyone in the know (where for art thou gr824)

Scenario only.
    Lakers have 60M cap space.
    Sign Player A for 30M over 4yrs. 30M left.
    Sign Player B for 15M over 2 yrs. 15M left.
    Sign Player C for 12M over 1yr. 3M left.

Want to sign Player D to Mid-Level @8M which takes them over cap but keeps them under the Tax apron
    Want to sign Julius Randle to 18M deal over X amount of years.

Can they sign Player D and JR or only JR??

Cheers.

Julius Randle resigning has nothing to do with the mid level exception, didn't look it up to check but that's my understanding, A team has to be over the cap before they can use that exception!
    Last edited by lakers squad; 03-13-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post

Scenario only.

Want to sign Player D to Mid-Level @8M which takes them over cap but keeps them under the Tax apron

Cheers.
    Just guessing but I'm assuming player A is PG; player B is KCP; player C is IT?

Anyways, a team has to be over the cap to even have/use a MLE. The Lakers aren't over the cap. I'm not sure if they will get one if they were to hand out contracts that would put them over the cap or do they already have to be over the cap when free agency begins. Where arte thou gr824? Or Vinyl could probably answer that.

But what you want to know is if LA can use Randles bird rights to sign him going over the cap and still sign another player with a MLE going even more over the cap, the answer is yes. As long as LA has a MLE and still owns Randles bird rights.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Just guessing but I'm assuming player A is PG; player B is KCP; player C is IT?

Anyways, a team has to be over the cap to even have/use a MLE. The Lakers aren't over the cap. I'm not sure if they will get one if they were to hand out contracts that would put them over the cap or do they already have to be over the cap when free agency begins. Where arte thou gr824? Or Vinyl could probably answer that.

But what you want to know is if LA can use Randles bird rights to sign him going over the cap and still sign another player with a MLE going even more over the cap, the answer is yes. As long as LA has a MLE and still owns Randles bird rights.
    I believe if you are over the cap in consecutive years you qualify for the full MLE. In that case, you would sign Randle using his bird rights to go over the cap and then sign player D using the full MLE...Exceptions can be used when you are over the cap, hence the word exception

Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post

Scenario only.

Cheers.
    You can't sign player D under your scenario because that exception is only for teams already over the cap. The lakers would be granted an exception worth around 4million or so because they are under the cap

Last edited by jaydubb; 03-13-2018 at 08:23 PM.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I believe if you are over the cap in consecutive years you qualify for the full MLE. In that case, you would sign Randle using his bird rights to go over the cap and then sign player D using the full MLE...Exceptions can be used when you are over the cap, hence the word exception
    Teams that can offer full MLE are the ones that are over the salary cap but under the LT cap. Off the top of my head i know that both GS & Cleveland cannot offer a player a full MLE. Maybe Toronto too. OKC if they re-sign PG.

Teams that are over the cap only get a MLE every other year. The in between years they get a bi-annual exception, which is a couple of million less then the MLE.

What I don't know is if a team isn't over the salary cap when free agency begins and then signs a few players and goes over the cap, do they then get a MLE? Or do they have to already be over the salary cap when free agency begins to get a MLE?

What I don't know is if a team isn't over the salary cap when free agency begins and then signs a few players and goes over the cap, do they then get a MLE? Or do they have to already be over the salary cap when free agency begins to get a MLE?
    If a team uses any cap space to sign players at all, they will get the room exception MLE which is valued at a little more than 4million (not sure exact number). If a team is over the cap but not over the tax limit, they get the full MLE valued a little more than 8mill. If they are over the tax line, they get the taxpayer MLE which is valued a little more than 5mill

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    If a team uses any cap space to sign players at all, they will get the room exception MLE which is valued at a little more than 4million (not sure exact number). If a team is over the cap but not over the tax limit, they get the full MLE valued a little more than 8mill. If they are over the tax line, they get the taxpayer MLE which is valued a little more than 5mill

Thanks....

But to be totally clear, if LA were to sign players and then go over the cap to sign Randle they will then get a room exception?

Thanks....

But to be totally clear, if LA were to sign players and then go over the cap to sign Randle they will then get a room exception?
    Yes because they will use available cap space. Every team gets the mid level exception. Based on that teams cap situation determines what mid level exception they receive. If they use cap space at any point, they will receive the room exception. Likewise, if a team that is over the cap which would have received a higher exception goes under the cap (via trade during the offseason for example) they will lose that higher Exception.

Your baby can't do this

Only way I see us re-signing Randle is if he plays center next season. Yeah he's playing amazing right now but he is playing on a contract year so we'll see...I do believe a team will overpay for him somewhere between 15-20 mil/yr

You think 15-20mill is over paying Julius?

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    You think 15-20mill is over paying Julius?
    I donít. Plus the cap is going up in the next couple of years and his 18 mil for example will look like 14-15 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    I donít. Plus the cap is going up in the next couple of years and his 18 mil for example will look like 14-15 mil.
    people keep saying this but all the data I see doesn't say this...

If you are talking about that old $120 million number for 19/20 it has been revised down significantly to around $110 million.

2017/18 102 million
    2018/19 103 million

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    people keep saying this but all the data I see doesn't say this...

If you are talking about that old $120 million number for 19/20 it has been revised down significantly to around $110 million.

2017/18 102 million
    2018/19 103 million
    Ok fine 17 mil then. Honestly Iím seeing both. Donít know which is true. If you say itís not really going up the I believe it.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast