Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I just realized LeBron's max will be 35 million haha My scenario would require each to take 29 million. I figured that wasn't a big deal when I thought their max was 30 million but only PG max is 30 million, LeBron's is 35 million.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    They do. It would be a a little over 2.5 million for 4 empty roster spots. I added that in. It works by less than a million dollars if Randle agrees to a 18 million a year or less.
    Did you take into account Randle's 12.5m cap hold?

Stretching him would leave around a 7.4m on the team's cap for the next 5 years, which is ugly, but if you are over the cap anyways it would make sense to keep your multiple first round picks instead of using them to dump Deng. Can always go over the cap for Zubac, Zo, Ingram, Kuz, Hart..

It just feels like I'm forgetting something.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    Did you take into account Randle's 12.5m cap hold?

Stretching him would leave around a 7.4m on the team's cap for the next 5 years, which is ugly, but if you are over the cap anyways it would make sense to keep your multiple first round picks instead of using them to dump Deng. Can always go over the cap for Zubac, Zo, Ingram, Kuz, Hart..

It just feels like I'm forgetting something.
    see my above post. I was figuring in that both LeBron's and PG max were 30 million and that they would agree to take 1 million less each.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    see my above post. I was figuring in that both LeBron's and PG max were 30 million and that they would agree to take 1 million less each.
    Lebron's max is around 35m

Edit: nvm saw your post on it
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

I read they could also do some crazy **** and sign Deng to an extension and then stretch him.

Example: A one year extension would make his deal 3 years total, the stretch provision allows you to spread the cap hit over twice the remaining length plus 1 year. Theoretically we could spread Dengs new contract over 7 years making his cap hit significantly lower then the 7.2 million it would be if we stretched his current contract. I believe that would allow us to sign LeBron to his max (apporx 35 million) and George to his max(approx. 30 million) and still be under to resign Randle using his bird rights.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...sion-seriously

Here is the article. I guess Deng would have to get a 3 year extension at the same guaranteed amount (36 million) and then that would be stretched over 11 years. Making his cap hit 3.3 million for the next 11 years...That would get us really close to the 35 million for LeBron, 30 million for George, and resigning Randle.

I think the only way we keep him is if we don't sign Lebron. I don't think we'll resign him if we get Lebron because they both do similar things. Lebron is much better obviously. Lebron needs shooters around him.

Ball
    Ingram
    George
    James
    Zubac

I seriously canít stand all of this talk of signing Lebron. So annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    Do you remember when it was the signing KD talk then became the signing Westbrook next year talk then the screw both of you we don't want you anyways talk?

Randle for 16-18 mil for 4 years. Been saying this since the beginning

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...sion-seriously

Here is the article. I guess Deng would have to get a 3 year extension at the same guaranteed amount (36 million) and then that would be stretched over 11 years. Making his cap hit 3.3 million for the next 11 years...That would get us really close to the 35 million for LeBron, 30 million for George, and resigning Randle.
    I'm not totally sure about this but as far as the stretching of contacts is concerned I think that the rule (double the years left on the contract +1) applies to both, either waiving or buying out. With the difference is how they get paid. Waiving/stretching a player his salary gets stretched also, buying out/stretching he gets 1 lump sum but the cap hit gets stretched. If that's the case I would much rather do this then give up picks to get rid of Deng.

Deng is still owed 36.8 million. If LA were to extend him for 3 years $3 million then have a buy out check ready for $34 million I'm sure Deng does it. He would only be forfeiting $2.8 million from what's owed him (not counting the 3 million from the extension). His cap hit would drop to 3.1 million. That puts LA very close to being in position for both PG & LBJ and re-signing Randle. They would have to most likely lose one of Zubac or Bryant though.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I'm not totally sure about this but as far as the stretching of contacts is concerned I think that the rule (double the years left on the contract +1) applies to both, either waiving or buying out. With the difference is how they get paid. Waiving/stretching a player his salary gets stretched also, buying out/stretching he gets 1 lump sum but the cap hit gets stretched. If that's the case I would much rather do this then give up picks to get rid of Deng.

Deng is still owed 36.8 million. If LA were to extend him for 3 years $3 million then have a buy out check ready for $34 million I'm sure Deng does it. He would only be forfeiting $2.8 million from what's owed him (not counting the 3 million from the extension). His cap hit would drop to 3.1 million. That puts LA very close to being in position for both PG & LBJ and re-signing Randle. They would have to most likely lose one of Zubac or Bryant though.
    That's so weird to think about.. I remember when I was a kid, looking at the structure of the team and thinking, "well they could add this and that and this in free agency because they have this many funds and these cap exceptions.." I'm assuming my son will be doing the same.. In 10-11 years I could picture him saying, "hey dad, this is weird, why do the lakers have a 3.1 million dollar cap hold?"..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    I like Randle and I know he was supposedly sick against Orlando but it is funny how much trouble he had with Gordon who can go toe to toe with him physically ...

he is a very nice player and could be a MWP type guy on a championship team but he definitely isn't a top 3 guy and doesn't deserve a max... although I would max him if it was only a 3 year deal knowing I could trade him later.
    Yep, better to let the market decide his value. I would be more comfortable giving Randle the max on a shorter deal, that I would be completely okay with.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    I like Randle and I know he was supposedly sick against Orlando but it is funny how much trouble he had with Gordon who can go toe to toe with him physically ...

he is a very nice player and could be a MWP type guy on a championship team but he definitely isn't a top 3 guy and doesn't deserve a max... although I would max him if it was only a 3 year deal knowing I could trade him later.
    Interesting note: Was watching Fox Sports and one of those Laker reporters commented on why Randle has not really focused on his jumper this year. He commented that the reason Luke is not emphasizing Randle's outside shot is because Randle has been so dominant inside that they don't feel he needs to. I'm not saying I'm agreeing with this but it's just what one of those Laker reporters was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    This

France: 2018 World Champions
    Thank you guys for our 2nd ⭐️ ⭐️

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast