Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    The FO could stretch Deng, renounce the rights to every free agent with the exception of Randle, sign LeBron, then George, then use Randle's bird rights to go over the cap. I did the math on this yesterday, it barely works but it works.

Ball/???/???
    George/Hart/???
    Ingram/???/???
    Lebron/Kuzma/???
    Randle/Zubac/Bryant

At this point, the Lakers could then use the Cleveland pick and the Denver 2nd round pick to fill in two spots. They would have the full MLE and minimums to fill out the rest. I would use the Cleveland pick on Holliday (UCLA homer) and the 2nd round pick on a defensive wing. Use the MLE on a wing-shooter and then maybe a couple vet minimum guys that LeBron wants.
    This I'm on board with. I've said this numerous of times the past few months. No need to attach picks to get rid of Deng. Just waive/stretch him.

I think stretching Deng should be the last resort though, just thinking about having that guy on the books for another 5 years pisses me off haha.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyv7 View Post
    we should only go after 1 max free agent and that is paul george. we should keep randle sign george and fill out our bench
    This is what I would like to see us do, fill our team out with players on two year deals with team options on the second year!
    I have faith we will return to the promise land very soon. go lakers!!!!

I think stretching Deng should be the last resort though, just thinking about having that guy on the books for another 5 years pisses me off haha.
    This is only if we get both PG and LBJ. I'm not gonna do it for anybody else this summer. Maybe Cousins if his rehab is coming along well.

I Say just sign pg13 and Randle, Dengs contract will be easy to move next Year! Then we can use his contract to trade for a max contract player, especially when it's expiring, it would be a nice asset then!
    Last edited by lakers squad; 03-12-2018 at 09:04 PM.

@ tx....I would be down for signing LBJ and PG13 and resigning Randle if we can get Randle to hold off on signing with anyone while we do this!

**** lebron

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    **** lebron

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Lol...part of me feels this way as well!

Ever since Mark Cuban was one of the key figures in disapproving the CP3 trade, I've always had my suspicions about him. I think he would love to snatch away Julius Randle from us. If more allegations come out against, could he be forced to sell like Donald Sterling?

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    I'm not convinced we could get a Butler(likes it there), Kawhi(Spurs will supermax him), Klay(good situation, I'm disappointed he doesn't want to be his own man instead of living in the shadow of Steph and Kev) in 2019.

I want PG, Randle and LeBron. Deng is the only obstacle to that. The Cavs 1st and our 2020 1st should be tempting since after this season he will only have 2 more years on his deal meaning that after next season he will be an expiring that will have some value. I still think he can play if there is a team out there in need of a backup 4.. If those two first rounders aren't enough we also have the Bulls and Nuggets 2nd rounders from the Calderon trade. To sweeten the deal I would consider Zubac too, but I really don't want to. He's still so young and I'd like to see him play a larger role next season.

We could also trade for PG. The Thunder will be capped out whether he stays or leaves so he could opt-in and then we trade for him netting them a 20m tpe, or we dump Deng and assets for him. Not really sure why PG13 would do this though since signing a max would pay him 30m over the 20m opt-in.
    Honestly if I'm OKC and I'm capped out either way, I don't think getting Deng as a veteran backup and some draft picks is the worst thing in the world for a competing team. After a season they get rid of Melo's bad deal, Deng becomes more valuable as an expiring and they have picks.. If there is a good player that is thinking about leaving his team, expiring Deng + picks could net OKC a good player.

Julius on Luke: “I praise him because not only did he create a system that allows us to flourish but also created a brotherhood within the team like Coach Cal did in UK. They both created a culture where we look out for each other and are our brothers’ keepers.”
    Since Randle likes it here and he shares agents with PG, I don't think he's going to screw us by agreeing to a deal asap with some other team putting us on the clock to match while trying to land PG13 and Lebron. I think there will be timing discussions.
    Last edited by Aust; 03-12-2018 at 10:18 PM.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

The FO could stretch Deng, renounce the rights to every free agent with the exception of Randle, sign LeBron, then George, then use Randle's bird rights to go over the cap. I did the math on this yesterday, it barely works but it works.

Ball/???/???
    George/Hart/???
    Ingram/???/???
    Lebron/Kuzma/???
    Randle/Zubac/Bryant

At this point, the Lakers could then use the Cleveland pick and the Denver 2nd round pick to fill in two spots. They would have the full MLE and minimums to fill out the rest. I would use the Cleveland pick on Holliday (UCLA homer) and the 2nd round pick on a defensive wing. Use the MLE on a wing-shooter and then maybe a couple vet minimum guys that LeBron wants.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers squad View Post
    @ tx....I would be down for signing LBJ and PG13 and resigning Randle if we can get Randle to hold off on signing with anyone while we do this!
    If LBJ and PG both agree to sign with LA, they will most likely know before needing Randle to wait. It's if one of the 2 doesn't agree to sign with LA that LA would need time to maximize their cap flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    I'm not convinced we could get a Butler(likes it there), Kawhi(Spurs will supermax him), Klay(good situation, I'm disappointed he doesn't want to be his own man instead of living in the shadow of Steph and Kev) in 2019.

I want PG, Randle and LeBron. Deng is the only obstacle to that. The Cavs 1st and our 2020 1st should be tempting since after this season he will only have 2 more years on his deal meaning that after next season he will be an expiring that will have some value. I still think he can play if there is a team out there in need of a backup 4.. If those two first rounders aren't enough we also have the Bulls and Nuggets 2nd rounders from the Calderon trade. To sweeten the deal I would consider Zubac too, but I really don't want to. He's still so young and I'd like to see him play a larger role next season.

We could also trade for PG. The Thunder will be capped out whether he stays or leaves so he could opt-in and then we trade for him netting them a 20m tpe, or we dump Deng and assets for him. Not really sure why PG13 would do this though since signing a max would pay him 30m over the 20m opt-in.
    Honestly if I'm OKC and I'm capped out either way, I don't think getting Deng as a veteran backup and some draft picks is the worst thing in the world for a competing team. After a season they get rid of Melo's bad deal, Deng becomes more valuable as an expiring and they have picks.. If there is a good player that is thinking about leaving his team, expiring Deng + picks could net OKC a good player.

Since Randle likes it here and he shares agents with PG, I don't think he's going to screw us by agreeing to a deal asap with some other team putting us on the clock to match while trying to land PG13 and Lebron. I think there will be timing discussions.
    Your last paragraph, the only way Randle doesn't play the free agency field is if the FO promises him a max contract. Anything short of that why would he not play the field. Then once out there what if a team offers him the max take it or leave it deal, he would have to take it I would assume.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!

Ball/???/???
    George/Hart/???
    Ingram/???/???
    Lebron/Kuzma/???
    Randle/Zubac/Bryant

IIRC empty roster spots still have a minimum cap hold, so that doesn't work.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    IIRC empty roster spots still have a minimum cap hold, so that doesn't work.
    They do. It would be a a little over 2.5 million for 4 empty roster spots. I added that in. It works by less than a million dollars if Randle agrees to a 18 million a year or less.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast