Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    There might need to be some smoothing to the idea of there the line of giving up a pick is, but I think you can get teams to agree to it if it lessens spending. This is why, IMO, the NBA salary structure hasnít progressed to something better. Everyone is too quick to shoot down ideas.
    An NBA pick is much more valuable than a baseball pick. Giving up a pick is a massive penalty. The salary structure isn't perfect but it isn't the problem here. The mentality of GMs is a bigger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Parker is average, but someone will pay him like a star because he can score and ignore the things he doesn't do. I think that's probably the Bucks, because they don't have an avenue to bring in another scorer next to Giannis. Small market yadda yadda yadda.
    I agree that someone will overpay. That's why I say they should work a sign and trade to avoid that situation.

Right now they're basically using him in the role they used Beasley in last year.

I understand he's coming off an injury, but 15 games in now, and they really aren't really even looking to him to score which is the only thing he's good at.

Averaging under 2 FGAs in the 4th, and about 5 minutes in that quarter, they don't trust him yet late in games. How can you match on a max contract for him?

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I agree that someone will overpay. That's why I say they should work a sign and trade to avoid that situation.

Right now they're basically using him in the role they used Beasley in last year.

I understand he's coming off an injury, but 15 games in now, and they really aren't really even looking to him to score which is the only thing he's good at.

Averaging under 2 FGAs in the 4th, and about 5 minutes in that quarter, they don't trust him yet late in games. How can you match on a max contract for him?
    My $$ is on philly. He has potential to be a greater version of Melo but less than PG

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Like embiid and KP. Even though embiid has been healthy this year, not a chance in Helena Montana that I give him or kp the max.
    you have to give parker the max... and its smart when they do...what can they really do with the money? He is a risk but you could embiid structure it.. the upside for him is there.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you have to give parker the max... and its smart when they do...what can they really do with the money? He is a risk but you could embiid structure it.. the upside for him is there.
    Sign and trade him for CP3, PG, or Bron. Boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I bet the Bulls win the draft, get Ayton, sign Jabari with capspace and roll out with

C-Ayton
    PF- Markannan
    SF- Parker
    SG- Lavine
    PG- Dunn
    Bulls are going to win the draft but theyíre not signing Parker. They have to re-sign LaVine.

Theoretically isn't this the Bucks best lineup?

Brogdon - Bledsoe - Middleton - Parker - Giannis

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Theoretically isn't this the Bucks best lineup?

Brogdon - Bledsoe - Middleton - Parker - Giannis
    Right now it's JET as ROY is injured.

Sign and trade him for CP3, PG, or Bron. Boom.
    for bron that would be a sick trade but i doubt the cavs do it and bron isnt accepting that trade in the off season if it hurts the team he is going to... cp3 and pg wont work because their teams arent risking screwing over the top players in westy/harden and they could lose parker for nothing if pg walks.

Iíve said it in the past but this still hold true:
    The max gets abused over player like Jabari Parker. Heís not worth it, agreed.

But knowing that the Bucks are near the cap and have little way of replacing Parker, some team with space will max him, playing cap room chicken. Ultimately the Bucks will math because they will realize they have no other option.

Teams abuse the max so much in that way. I can almost guarantee itís why Otto Porter Jr and Allen Crabbe are on max contracts. Itís why a guy like Gary Harris will get absurdly overpaid.

If the NBA came up with a way to balance that, like signing a RFA to a max deal whoís rights arenít yours transferred a top-5 protected 1st, we would use the use of the max contract massively decline.
    Gary Harris has been a 21 point per game player since his injury, top scorer on the Nuggets and a top 5, SG defender in the league. At age 23 Harris is putting up the same numbers as Klay Thompson this year so if you would give Klay the max, then Harris is no where near overpaid.

Cov is making like 2 mil less than Harris. Talk about an overpayment he wouldnít even be in Denverís rotation with how he has played for the majority of the year.

Let Parker get healthy itís so hard to judge a guy off an injury like this. Middleton was injured last year and is having a career year.

Haha RoCo is better than most the wings playing for Denver, higher DWS, DBPM than most. League average shooter

RoCos contract also descends over time, to the point he will be making $8 mil less on the season than Harris for slightly better offense and worse defense. RoCos contract got front loaded and got a cap hip of a little over $10mil next year.

PROCESSING

Like embiid and KP. Even though embiid has been healthy this year, not a chance in Helena Montana that I give him or kp the max.
    christ even in a thread for a bucks player you cant stop talking about the sixers and embiid.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

Haha RoCo is better than most the wings playing for Denver, higher DWS, DBPM than most. League average shooter

RoCos contract also descends over time, to the point he will be making $8 mil less on the season than Harris for slightly better offense and worse defense. RoCos contract got front loaded and got a cap hip of a little over $10mil next year.
    Stay out east. When your boy plays next to the one of the best defenders period in the NBA, and plays against the East wing players of course his analytics will be elevated. Itís a guards game. Itís no surprise Ingles is a top 25 analytic defender either playing with Gobert. When Covington plays the talent on a night to night basis Harris does we can talk. Guarding Curryís, the Lillards, the Hardens, Jimmy Butlers on a night to night basis while being a top option on offense then Iíll give Covington love. He is no where near Harris being 4 years older. He can thank Embiid for his extension.

Bucks and Knicks should look at a Jabari and ROY for KP trade.

He was doing all of that before Embiid. In fact you could say Embiid hurts him some because he gambles more with Embiid backing him out of the post.

Maybe you should educate yourself on a player before saying something like that.

PROCESSING

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast