Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How will free agency to go for Jabari Parker?

Milwaukee is a team with an elite top 10 player in Giannis, but they are mediocre and will likely finish 6-8th and probably be an easy out in the first round.

Parker has played solid since returning from injury, but he's definitely not the "missing piece" many fans thought he would be.

Based on his age and injuries does he get the max? Does he get an Embiid contract with various non-guarantees and incentives? Do they try and dump him in a sign and trade?

I was saying they should have traded him as soon as he got healthy. But front office was stubborn and greedy and will likely be glued to mediocrity going forward. Will probably have to overpay Brogdon too.

Not worth a max, thats for sure. Teams need to stop throwing that kind of money at every player.

It's gonna be a real pain in the knee.

Quote Originally Posted by GoferKing_ View Post
    Not worth a max, thats for sure. Teams need to stop throwing that kind of money at every player.
    Iíve said it in the past but this still hold true:
    The max gets abused over player like Jabari Parker. Heís not worth it, agreed.

But knowing that the Bucks are near the cap and have little way of replacing Parker, some team with space will max him, playing cap room chicken. Ultimately the Bucks will math because they will realize they have no other option.

Teams abuse the max so much in that way. I can almost guarantee itís why Otto Porter Jr and Allen Crabbe are on max contracts. Itís why a guy like Gary Harris will get absurdly overpaid.

If the NBA came up with a way to balance that, like signing a RFA to a max deal whoís rights arenít yours transferred a top-5 protected 1st, we would use the use of the max contract massively decline.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by GoferKing_ View Post
    Like embiid and KP. Even though embiid has been healthy this year, not a chance in Helena Montana that I give him or kp the max.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

But knowing that the Bucks are near the cap and have little way of replacing Parker, some team with space will max him, playing cap room chicken. Ultimately the Bucks will math because they will realize they have no other option.

Teams abuse the max so much in that way. I can almost guarantee itís why Otto Porter Jr and Allen Crabbe are on max contracts. Itís why a guy like Gary Harris will get absurdly overpaid.

If the NBA came up with a way to balance that, like signing a RFA to a max deal whoís rights arenít yours transferred a top-5 protected 1st, we would use the use of the max contract massively decline.
    I'll be shocked if he gets a max. Unless he plays extraordinary down the line.

He will get a near max easily. What prevents him from getting the max is his injury but he's getting a near max based on youth and production.

Is he worth it? Probably not. But you max players like that if you are a rebuilding team. Hope you draft a savior and you have a good young guy to pair with him.

I personally hope he goes to 76ers. Just run a 3 man depth chart at PF/SF with Parker, Saric and Covington. It'd be funny to me with Jabari/Embiid a slight knee injury away from locking up massive contracts to injured players.

No team would agree to that.

Nah weíre ok.

PROCESSING

Nah weíre ok.
    You might be okay but your GM is BC so...

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    No team would agree to that.
    Itís not the teams that are the issue. Itís the players.

PROCESSING

Parker is average, but someone will pay him like a star because he can score and ignore the things he doesn't do. I think that's probably the Bucks, because they don't have an avenue to bring in another scorer next to Giannis. Small market yadda yadda yadda.

Itís not the teams that are the issue. Itís the players.
    Actually, if the teams don't agree to that, there is nothing to discuss. You can't present something to the players when you wouldn't even be able to convince the teams to agree to it.

I bet the Bulls win the draft, get Ayton, sign Jabari with capspace and roll out with

C-Ayton
    PF- Markannan
    SF- Parker
    SG- Lavine
    PG- Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Actually, if the teams don't agree to that, there is nothing to discuss. You can't present something to the players when you wouldn't even be able to convince the teams to agree to it.
    There might need to be some smoothing to the idea of there the line of giving up a pick is, but I think you can get teams to agree to it if it lessens spending. This is why, IMO, the NBA salary structure hasnít progressed to something better. Everyone is too quick to shoot down ideas.

PROCESSING

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast