Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which of the remaining players was best at their peak?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Julius Erving

1 8.33%
  • David Robinson

4 33.33%
  • Chris Paul

2 16.67%
  • Bill Russell

0 0%
  • Karl Malone

5 41.67%
  • Patrick Ewing

0 0%
  • Jason Kidd

0 0%
  • Steve Nash

0 0%
  • Grant Hill

0 0%
  • Rick Barry

0 0%
  • Kevin McHale

0 0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

0 0%
  • James Harden

0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

0 0%
  • Gary Payton

0 0%
  • Another Player (Please Specify)

0 0%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Best Player of All-Time At Their Peak (#22)

So we do a “top 25 greatest players of all-time list” here on PSD, but I wanted to do a best, not greatest list.

What is the difference?

This is NOT a list that measures a players career or accolades, it is simply a list of, if all the players were in their peak/in their prime/at their best/etc. and all in a draft, who would you take first on your team.

Current List

1. Michael Jordan
    2. LeBron James
    T3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    T3. Wilt Chamberlain
    5. Shaquille O’Neal
    6. Magic Johnson
    7. Larry Bird
    8. Hakeem Olajuwon
    9. Tim Duncan
    10. Kobe Bryant
    11. Steph Curry
    12. Moses Malone
    13. Tracy McGrady
    14. Bill Walton
    15. Kevin Durant
    16. Jerry West
    17. Dwyane Wade
    18. Oscar Robertson
    19. Kevin Garnett
    20. Dirk Nowitzki
    21. Charles Barkley
    Last edited by valade16; 03-12-2018 at 01:15 PM.

CP3 here

Change title to 22. I need to think about this. Leaning drob or karl malone. Harden has peaked my interest after bringing him up in last thread.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

I know I posted like 3 seconds ago but doesn't this have to be david robinson? Peak almost 30ppg/10rpg/5apg/4bpg and a dpoy...

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I know I posted like 3 seconds ago but doesn't this have to be david robinson? Peak almost 30ppg/10rpg/5apg/4bpg and a dpoy...
    If you only look at numbers. I always thought Patrick was a better franchise player that did more with less. Same with J Kidd but D Rob was a great player in his own right. I don’t have an issue with him here. In an open floor game he was an absolute force

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Karl Malone destroyed him in their series against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If you only look at numbers. I always thought Patrick was a better franchise player that did more with less. Same with J Kidd but D Rob was a great player in his own right. I don’t have an issue with him here. In an open floor game he was an absolute force

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I can't believe Ewing didn't win a title with Starks. What a bum.

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Karl Malone destroyed him in their series against each other.
    Good call let's decide who is the better player because of one series. That makes a lot of sense.

Kristaps Porzingis

Good call let's decide who is the better player because of one series. That makes a lot of sense.
    One? They played two playoff series iirc and it should be part of the story, didn't you watch those games. Malone just ripped his heart out. It's not an isolated incident either, he consistently underwhelmed vs the best and dominated inferior teams. That's not a peak player, Malone has a far better case and resume on top of whooping him silly twice. Make an argument against Malone

One? They played two playoff series iirc and it should be part of the story, didn't you watch those games. Malone just ripped his heart out. It's not an isolated incident either, he consistently underwhelmed vs the best and dominated inferior teams. That's not a peak player, Malone has a far better case and resume on top of whooping him silly twice. Make an argument against Malone
    So let's never put Malone in either because of Game 1 in '97 or Game 6 in '98.

They were equal scorers and rebounders, Robinson was the better passer and defender. If things are close then I would rather take the more efficient and better defensive CENTER instead of the power forward. Easier to build around D-Rob.

Kristaps Porzingis

I just looked it up, they had 3 series against each other, I forgot he also lost when he had Duncan on his squad.

Drob usually won the rs affair, tho it all flipped when the real games began. Where one rose to the challenge, David went from the scoring champion to an inefficient 20 and 10 basic big in his 94 sweep. What's worse is that the admiral wasnt even truly "Malowned" that year , Rodman was the primary defender this year but drob spent more time on him in the successive series.

In 96, with the two guarding each other much more, Malone again played to his standard, the admiral again shriveled, this time to the tune of 19 n 9 in a gentleman's sweep.

In those 9 games, Robinson was held to 11, 11, 12, 16 and 17 points. Malone never put up fewer than 22....

I don't remember much of the 98 series other than the elimination game where Malone buried them with a barrage of jumpers. Statistically neither dominated, the twin towers had a way of hurting the efficiency of opposing bigs that way but Malone played some great defense himself. By this point Malone had altered his game abit but I'm good with this just being an honorable mention in the head to head debate. What's that like 2 wins in 3 series vs the mail man with teams being of similar calibre.

They were equal scorers and rebounders, Robinson was the better passer and defender. If things are close then I would rather take the more efficient and better defensive CENTER instead of the power forward. Easier to build around D-Rob.
    Never? That makes no sense, he led his team to the finals against the bulls and the guy we voted number 1. Somehow that's the equivalent of drobs consistently getting outplayed by every big worth a damn. Hell, there's an argument to be made that drob gave the bulls the ammo they needed to combat Malone, if it wasn't for Rodman losing complete respect in his manhood, they never gift him to the bulls

Btw, **** no he wasn't a better passer. As Malone game drifted to the perimeter, it opened up all sorts of passing lanes for him. Way better playmaker and passer than a guy like drob.

It's easier to build around drob if you like huge regular season success, when it counts, gimme the guy with a greater peak run

Btw, **** no he wasn't a better passer. As Malone game drifted to the perimeter, it opened up all sorts of passing lanes for him. Way better playmaker and passer than a guy like drob.

It's easier to build around drob if you like huge regular season success, when it counts, gimme the guy with a greater peak run
    I agree with the passing comment. I was not going to mention it b/c I don't think assist totals or % make for accurate measure here and was pretty sure I would get that response.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Are we going to ignore that Robinson played with Cheeks, Eliott, and Avery and not Stockton? I mean, I think that helps.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast