Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Ben Volan of the Boston Globe did an article about Sherman's "negotiations" with the 49ers. In the simpliest terms, Volan pretty much called Sherman an idiot.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Ben Volan of the Boston Globe did an article about Sherman's "negotiations" with the 49ers. In the simpliest terms, Volan pretty much called Sherman an idiot.
    Yeah but heís the idiot. Sherman is betting on himself because no one was able to match the 49ers offer

It sounds more like a butthurt reporter he didnít sign a cheap *** deal with the patriots
    Last edited by D1JM; 03-13-2018 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    He confimed that today too. He said when they called him right away he wanted it because he knew what it meant for him.
    No. He gave the Seahawks the right to match and they said no and then he called Detroit and they said the same, too pricey. Those are the only two teams that Sherman talked to if they were around what the niners offered

Quote Originally Posted by D1JM View Post
    Yeah but heís the idiot. Sherman is betting on himself because no one was able to match the 49ers offer

It sounds more like a butthurt reporter he didnít sign a cheap *** deal with the patriots
    It's a good contract for Sherman this upcoming season coming off an Achilles tear. But he very likely won't see the rest of it. The only way he does is if he's a Top 5 CB in 2018 and then it turns into a good deal for the 49ers.

I personally thought this didnít really make sense for either party. Sherman really shouldíve pushed to sign with a New England, Philly, Pittsburgh, Carolina, etc. I donít think San Francisco is ready to compete yet this year (so seems kinda like a weird move for SF too in that case)... heís still young enough that he can get a legit payday, but I think signing with a real contender wouldíve been able to maximize his earning.... seemed more to me like a case of both sides just trying to stick it to Seattle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    I personally thought this didnít really make sense for either party. Sherman really shouldíve pushed to sign with a New England, Philly, Pittsburgh, Carolina, etc. I donít think San Francisco is ready to compete yet this year (so seems kinda like a weird move for SF too in that case)... heís still young enough that he can get a legit payday, but I think signing with a real contender wouldíve been able to maximize his earning.... seemed more to me like a case of both sides just trying to stick it to Seattle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eh I wouldn't be so sure of that. You don't win 5 straight games (3 against playoff teams) on accident. With the addition of Richburg today, and with (hopefully) a few more impact additions, there is no reason to believe that this isn't a playoff team next season. Now are they on the same level as NE, PIT or Philly ? No, but in 2019 they could/should be.

Quote Originally Posted by D1JM View Post
    No. He gave the Seahawks the right to match and they said no and then he called Detroit and they said the same, too pricey. Those are the only two teams that Sherman talked to if they were around what the niners offered
    From reading the article, it seems like the main reason those other teams didn't match was because of the possibility that the incentives would drive the contract out of their price range. They may have been able to offer more money guaranteed but telling Sherman "we'll give you 3 years $24 million guaranteed" is not as good as saying "We'll give you 3 years, $39 million" because he likely believes he'll hit all the incentives to get the fully $39 million.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234