Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

After another loss to the Nuggets, the Lakers are ready for revenge

The Lakers have a villain, and he is a 21-year-old point guard for the Denver Nuggets.
    For the second time in a row that the Lakers have played in Denver, Jamal Murray incurred their wrath.

On Dec. 2, it came after Murray dribbled the ball around Lonzo Ball as the clock expired on their double-digit win over the Lakers.
    "We all remembered it," Ball said. "It's a punk move. But like I said, we're not going to get into it. He can do whatever he's going to do."

Friday night, the issue was something Murray either did or said that the Lakers were reticent to specifically address.
    "It is what it is, that's the type of player he is," Lakers rookie Kyle Kuzma said. "But we've got another shot at it Tuesday, so looking forward to it."
    The Lakers entered Friday night's game in Denver hoping for revenge, but didn't get it. The Nuggets beat the Lakers, 125-116, with the help of Murray, who scored eight points and had a steal in the game's final four minutes. Brook Lopez led the Lakers for the second game in a row with 29 points. Murray led the Nuggets with 22 points and eight assists.
    "I felt like for the second time we played here, Murray was being a little disrespectful at the end of the game," Lakers coach Luke Walton said.

None of Walton's frustrations at Murray materialized until late in the game. For the first 21/2 quarters, the Lakers' frustrations were more of their own making. They committed too many turnovers and found themselves down 13 points.
    In the third quarter, that changed. Suddenly, they were the ones securing steals and making chase-down plays. A 12-2 run in the third quarter helped the Lakers establish that they weren't going quietly.
    Late in the third quarter, Ball ran into the path of a Nuggets pass, stole the ball, and got it to Julius Randle. Randle went up and under to score, cutting Denver's lead to two. On the Lakers' next possession, Kuzma missed a three-pointer, but then chased down his own rebound for a contested layup.
    That hard-won score gave the Lakers a one-point lead, their first since the first quarter.
    The Lakers would go up by as many as four points in the fourth quarter before Murray sparked the Nug-gets to the win.
    He stole the ball from Ball with less than a minute remaining, and that's when the fireworks began.
    Kentavious Caldwell-Pope knocked Murray into the first row of seats, then later insisted it wasn't personal.
    Isaiah Thomas followed Murray almost all the way to the Nuggets' bench, reacting to something Murray said or did, then later said he didn't hear Murray at all.

Ball appeared as engaged, as ready to take on an opponent, as he has about anyone all season.
    "He's going to do the circus stuff," said Ball, who scored 15 points. "I'm not feeding into it."
    Murray pleaded innocence and said he wasn't talking to anyone.
    "I can't control what the other team's gonna feel," Murray said. "I'm just gonna go out there and hoop and whoever takes it to heart and takes their losses salty, I can't do anything about that."
    "I think it is OK to play with emotion and some guys thrive in that situation," said Nuggets coach Mike Malone. "And Jamal is able to play with emotion, but I never want it to border on the line of being disrespectful to your opponent."
    Whether Murray meant it or not, the Lakers felt disrespected. In less than a week they'll have another chance at revenge.
    Said Ball: "Can't wait."

France: 2018 World Champions
    Thank you guys for our 2nd ⭐️ ⭐️

Interesting

Well see on Tuesday if we walk the talk.

Oh and hate Murray hes a punk I want to punch him in the face

Hopefully the Lakers will do a better job of not beating themselves with all the silly TOs.

And with regards to Murray's punk play, this is when I wish someone (such as Randle) would step up and just deck him with a really hard foul just one time...like how Fisher did to Scola or Arrest did to Harden. Guarantee that would make Murray think twice about pulling stunts like that the next time they play the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by DisBeAliG View Post
    Hopefully the Lakers will do a better job of not beating themselves with all the silly TOs.

And with regards to Murray's punk play, this is when I wish someone (such as Randle) would step up and just deck him with a really hard foul just one time...like how Fisher did to Scola or Arrest did to Harden. Guarantee that would make Murray think twice about pulling stunts like that the next time they play the Lakers.
    Haha would like to see it, Randle is a candidate to do it.

Put in luol deng to elbow Murray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by still1ballin View Post

Lets find him in LA and jump his ***!

Quote Originally Posted by still1ballin View Post

In the balls

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Lets find him in LA and jump his ***!
    I'm down bro. Although I tweeted his ***** *** last night so their is evidence for pre meditated assault hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I'm down bro. Although I tweeted his ***** *** last night so their is evidence for pre meditated assault hahahaha

Well wear masks! Ill wear a ZO one and you can wear a Kuzma one hahahah

Well wear masks! Ill wear a ZO one and you can wear a Kuzma one hahahah
    Yeah, we can just take their faces off and become them permanently. Like what Rodger did in American Dad.

Lolz!

We wont do ****.. This team is made up of a bunch of soft *** players..

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    We wont do ****.. This team is made up of a bunch of soft *** players..
    Theyre kids.... the Vets are hella soft for sure.

Theyre kids.... the Vets are hella soft for sure.
    It's not just the guys on this team. The entire league has gone soft, man.

For real! League is filled with ***** made players! I miss watching late 80s 90s early 00s basketball.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast