Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Did we just trade for Rodgers replacement. Thompson did Favre, now gute does rodgers?

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Why Colvin? Just a hunch or what
    prob cause hes cheaper than trumaine butler fuller or sherman
    Last edited by Sdh09e44; 03-09-2018 at 11:13 PM.

I guess there is a rumor that the titans were interested in acquiring Brett Hundley but at the last second they declined but, now the raiders are interested in him for a late round pick.

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I guess there is a rumor that the titans were interested in acquiring Brett Hundley but at the last second they declined but, now the raiders are interested in him for a late round pick.
    Hearing that too. Bleacher report also has something saying that some defensive players were complaining about randall last year. Definitely thinking this move was to prevent cancer in locker room too. Not like we have strong veteran presence that can check these attitudes either. The move makes sense the more i look at it

I love this deal from wheelin' n dealin' Gute. Randall is a giant prick and i've even read that some of the vets wanted him released last year somewhere. I doubt he can work in press coverage either, which is what Pettine likes to play. Kizer has pretty good upside possibilities and the 4th/5th rd picks will be valuable trade bait early day 3.

Plus we don't necessarily need to draft a QB this year now as well.

Iím pretty cool with this trade... I really like the swapping of picks... that CB room is going to be completely different, King is the only CB of any value on the roster right now... nothing has really changed in my eyes though, still need a FA #1 CB, and need to draft at least 2... just now opens the door to signing another cheaper FA too... so in my eyes, some more moves are coming to free up said cap space.

i am not understanding how this is a bad trade. if Ted had traded away a cancer instead of cutting him, oh say Sitton, this would have been praised. Randall quit on the team last year. the locker room McCarthy runs meant he was gone. the fact he was able to trade him away for something is significant. Kizer cannot look more clueless than poor vision one look and panic Hundley. to sum up: Gute (more than likely because he was urged to by Coach McCarthy) got rid of a cancer and secured a veteran back up QB. that's a great start. corner back is thin. it's all in on King. that makes me queasy. it's easy to say King will be my adopted player of the year.
    Last edited by alabastertubby; 03-10-2018 at 01:50 PM.

I see that point of it, but on the flip aide we got rid of a decent player who was on a dirt cheap contract. You arenít goign to replace Randall for that cost unless itís with a draft pick. And we already have needs in the draft at other positions. So Iím more leaning towards thinking itís not a bad move, but it puts more pressure on being perfect this offseason.

In all honesty, this is going to be an all hands on deck situation and everyone in the coaching staff and front office will need to show their merit. The obvisous person is gute. His player evals and decisions need to be good. But weíll also need ball to work some salary cap gymnastics. And our coaching staff, particularly our defensive staff, are goign to need to get more out of existing players.

We need a bounce back from haha. King needs to take the year 2 jump. Jones or Brice likely need to become decent starters. Maybe we fill cb strictly from the draft and fa, but someone, whether that be Rollins, pipkins or maybe even herb waters needs to step up to at least be a 4th corner.

And the offensive staff isnít exempt either. Someone likely needs to step up at great and maybe rt. We might draft a starter there, but I have to think thereís a good chance Patrick, McCray or Murphy start at rg, if one of them isnít at rt.

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    I'd rather play Kizer over Hundley without question. Did you watch Hundley play? I don't dislike him, but he was here for years and just does not have it. Kizer was thrown to the wolves when he should have sat the season to develop. He at least has a chance here.

We roll with Rodgers, Hundley, Kizer and Callahan for now and let it play out. Say Kizer isn't ready to back up by the start of the season (but really, I'd rather see what he's got at that point unless Hundley suddenly puts it all together in year 4), if we have Hundley or Callahan, we're in the same boat we were this year. I wouldn't necessarily like that, and I'd rather add a veteran that has shown some ability, but it's not like we aren't trying to improve that situation, and it's not like this has to be the last move.

Randall might be good in the future, but he might also be the player he was the first half of this season and the whole season before.
    Kizer was ****ing terrible. Go watch his YouTube video of his INTs. Tell me they are on the rest of team. If he played here last year everyone would hate him

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Iím a little disappointed the website isnít just a video of kizers overtime pick vs the pack set to yackety sax.

And truthfully, I donít hate kizer as a developmental guy. But the price was way too high. The browns got tyrod and still will probably draft a guy. So the Browns probably would have been looking to move kizer anyways.
    I'm so doing that now lol

Quote Originally Posted by StickyGreenFan View Post
    Never really see this reaction from you, its funny lol only thing good about kizer is he has a big arm and he is very very young! dudes played almost a whole season and is still 21. we can coach him the right way and dump hundley. we also get 1st picks in 4th and 5th so eh, its ok i guess.
    We've never done something so stupid

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Love this move.... so much better than Hundley and Randall was a lil *****
    Yeah the guy who threw twice as many INTs as touchdowns and less the league in them is so much better than someone else lol.

None of you fools watched the ****ing browns

I watched several Browns games, not just interceptions on YouTube. I saw a guy with potential that was not ready to play. He needs to learn how to better read a defense more than anything else.

Hundley sucks after 3 full years with us, and Randall was often the worst player on the field half of his time here and was a headcase. I'd rather get just about any young qb over the failed Hundley tenure, and losing a wildly inconsistent corner to get one with potential is a deal I'm good with.

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    I watched several Browns games, not just interceptions on YouTube. I saw a guy with potential that was not ready to play. He needs to learn how to better read a defense more than anything else.

Hundley sucks after 3 full years with us, and Randall was often the worst player on the field half of his time here and was a headcase. I'd rather get just about any young qb over the failed Hundley tenure, and losing a wildly inconsistent corner to get one with potential is a deal I'm good with.
    Sorry I 1000% don't believe you watched multiple Browns games. Nothing personal. I just don't believe anyone that says that but Browns fans.

I agree he was far from ready. That was obvious from his college days.

Not sure Randall was the worst player on the field often... He wasn't even the worst corner playing most times.

The Randall takes are kind of funny. Thereís a section of people that hate the deal seem to act like Randall was about to be a stud. He made some good plays and he has good ball skills. But he gave up a ton of big plays too. And a lot of the folks who like the deal seem to think Randall was god awful my which also isnít true. And Iím saying that more generally from all the reactions Iíve seen even outside this forum.

As for kizer. The browns were the worst possible team to draft him. He was arguably the qb least ready to see the field last year and he played a ton. And he played a ton on a team with pretty below average weapons. Heís definitely a good groom candidate. But I wouldnít have given up a ton for him.

So at the end of the day, peopleís feelings on the deal come down to the view of Randall. If you think he could have been a valuable member this year, it probably looks bad. If you believe the stories that he was very disliked in the locker room and may have been a candidate to be released (in a similar manner to Sitton), then it probably looks like a good deal.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast