Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Major Cities You Never Hear About

Do you live in any of these under-the-radar and often ignored big cities? If so, do you feel disrespected? A lot of these places are bigger than you think. You can add to the list if you wish.

San Jose
    Albuquerque
    Fort Worth (overshadowed by Dallas)
    El Paso
    Columbus
    Fresno
    Kansas City (except for the Royals and Chiefs)
    Jacksonville (except for the Jaguars)
    Phoenix (When referring to it, people just say "Arizona".)
    Indianapolis (except for the Colts)

I'm in St. Louis, but get to KC a lot.

It's a remarkably nice city. Much nicer than St. Louis lol.

I'd live there in a heartbeat.

Fresno???
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = Rebuild Mode! Love my fellow Faithful
    Warriors = 2015 & 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    A's = The young talent is here!
    WINNING!

Riverside, California...*****es!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Milwaukee, Minneapolis come to mind

Hard for this native NYer to think of any other city as “major”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Hard for this native NYer to think of any other city as “major”.

[emoji58][emoji58]

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Major Cities You Never Hear About

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    [emoji58][emoji58]

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
    Sure I get it - but when u r raised in the NYC, nothing compares: not Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, Charlotte, Jacksonville, Denver, Portland, San Antonio, Nashville, New Orleans, Rochester, etc.

Of the small cities I’ve visited the ones I liked were Denver, (the area), Charlotte and Portland, but I would probably like SF and SD too.

I mean, I have heard of any large-ish city in the U.S. Plenty I haven't been to though.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Another one could be Honolulu, since people usually just say "Hawaii", when referring to going there. But don't complain about the bag guy at the airport getting tips that are too big, or that's where your luggage will end up (Seinfeld reference).

Albuquerque is a beautiful city. Probably not along the same lines, but everybody should see Sedona, AZ.

I've been to all those cities except Jacksonville. They're all pretty great, except Fresno. I mean there's nothing exceptionally bad about Fresno, but there's also nothing all that great about it, other than being a good interstate stop near Sequioa and Yosemite.

I absolutely love Albuquerque. Something about it reminds me of San Diego but without the ocean.....if that makes sense. Good people, good food, lots of new development, nice parks...

Indy was way cooler than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Albuquerque is a beautiful city. Probably not along the same lines, but everybody should see Sedona, AZ.
    The only problem I would have with the Double Q (Albuquerque - {LOL}) is the weather. I'm from frozen Illinois, so I would constantly need Gatorade to avoid passing out if I visited NM.

The desert area around Sedona is supposedly a paranormal place -- supposedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Sure I get it - but when u r raised in the NYC, nothing compares: not Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, Charlotte, Jacksonville, Denver, Portland, San Antonio, Nashville, New Orleans, Rochester, etc.

Of the small cities I’ve visited the ones I liked were Denver, (the area), Charlotte and Portland, but I would probably like SF and SD too.

I can agree with this. And NYC is far better place to live than to visit. Not sure you truly get all the benefits and uniqueness until living there. People are way nicer than they get credit for (something I realize living in LA now), public transportation is ****ing amazing compared to any other city (well in the US anyway), food is amazing at any level from quick and cheap up to michelin rated restaurants, the coolness factor there is awesome, music......it's all pretty awesome.

That said, there are certainly other major cities in the US by population alone and even if you wanted to cut it down to pure amenities that make them on par with NYC, there's: Chicago, Seattle, Miami, Boston and SF. I would say LA, but there are just so many ****** things about this city and the people bring it way below any of the cities I just listed.

All that said, I'd sooner live in SF, SD, Seattle or Portland before I went back to NY. NY is too expensive and too hard when you get older and have kids. When I was in my 20s, there was no better place on earth. At this point, I'd rather be in the woods of Idaho or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    The only problem I would have with the Double Q (Albuquerque - {LOL}) is the weather. I'm from frozen Illinois, so I would constantly need Gatorade to avoid passing out if I visited NM.

The desert area around Sedona is supposedly a paranormal place -- supposedly.
    I was seriously taken aback by Sedona. Some of the sights are unbelievable, like you're looking at a freaking painting.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast