Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 159 of 162 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2429
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Everything in moderation. I would expect that we gain some on future cuts/restructures and probably a small amount in a creative contract. I get what youíre saying except that it wonít all come from backloading Mackís contract.

I donít anticipate a full blown return to past practices as it would be counter productive to filling our current needs.

If they keep those options open for the future then you could cut loose and get one high end FA when weíre a bit more competitive. I have no doubt in my mind that we get this done without crippling the future....
    Cook and Irvin best show up ready to put in some work. Not real sure about Irvin being all that good of a scheme fit either.

mberr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I dont see it as a waste to debate. Even when one or both sides dont want to move from their stance. At one point in time I have debated with just about everyone here on one topic or another. Im not always right. Sometimes my points aren't clear so I do my best to make sure everyone understands what Im trying to say.

Talking and debating Raiders is what I enjoy doing. Why most of us are here.
    Yes but there's debating and there's talking to a wall.

It's like the other day, I was talking to my dad about some experiments, since he has turned into a staunch creationist as of late, and after a while he was just like "I don't know how to incorporate that information into my beliefs. It's easier for me to ignore that information than it is to change my world view..."

My point is, some people set their minds on something and refuse to acknowledge that there's even a possibility that they're wrong, and nothing you say can make them see things from a different perspective.

P.s. Don't think I'm one of those annoying people who believe in evolution and shouts "science is king" all over the place. We got onto that topic by coincidence. I believe in live and let live.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    Cook and Irvin best show up ready to put in some work. Not real sure about Irvin being all that good of a scheme fit either.
    I think Irvin can play like Carlos Dunlap in Guenthers system. Cook is the player that has a lot more to work for. TE is a sneaky position I think the Raiders could target early. If Raiders take a TE round 2 or 3 I could see Oakland walk away from Cook which gives Oakland their feature TE(rookie) plus instantly be able to pay their entire rookie class at the same time.

Never Forget

I dont see it as a waste to debate. Even when one or both sides dont want to move from their stance. At one point in time I have debated with just about everyone here on one topic or another. Im not always right. Sometimes my points aren't clear so I do my best to make sure everyone understands what Im trying to say.

Talking and debating Raiders is what I enjoy doing. Why most of us are here.
    Well said Hunter. This i can agree on.

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Yes but there's debating and there's talking to a wall.

It's like the other day, I was talking to my dad about some experiments, since he has turned into a staunch creationist as of late, and after a while he was just like "I don't know how to incorporate that information into my beliefs. It's easier for me to ignore that information than it is to change my world view..."

My point is, some people set their minds on something and refuse to acknowledge that there's even a possibility that they're wrong, and nothing you say can make them see things from a different perspective.

P.s. Don't think I'm one of those annoying people who believe in evolution and shouts "science is king" all over the place. We got onto that topic by coincidence. I believe in live and let live.
    There will never be total agreement with the people in your life, I just try to get to a place that recognizes the disagreement but I have no reason to correct and certainly no reason to threaten my take unless there is a compelling reason.

Contrary to popular belief these days differing opinions are not an adversarial thing. Give it a try amigo, itís worked pretty good for me and Iím a reformed anger management offender....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quoted wrong person.
    Last edited by krsonekth; 04-15-2018 at 08:15 PM.

I think Irvin can play like Carlos Dunlap in Guenthers system. Cook is the player that has a lot more to work for. TE is a sneaky position I think the Raiders could target early. If Raiders take a TE round 2 or 3 I could see Oakland walk away from Cook which gives Oakland their feature TE(rookie) plus instantly be able to pay their entire rookie class at the same time.
    Ya, I am not crazy about the idea of picking a TE in the first few rounds but am fully prepared that it might happen.

mberr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    There will never be total agreement with the people in your life, I just try to get to a place that recognizes the disagreement but I have no reason to correct and certainly no reason to threaten my take unless there is a compelling reason.

Contrary to popular belief these days differing opinions are not an adversarial thing. Give it a try amigo, itís worked pretty good for me and Iím a reformed anger management offender....
    Didn't I say I believe in "live and let live"?

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Didn't I say I believe in "live and let live"?
    That you did amigo.

My bad....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I don't think the world is ready for that jelly
    Thereís people who pay good money for flab girls

Iím becoming more convinced Irvin can flourish plus MEJ in new D. Regarding TE why is Cook so different to How Redskins used Reed?

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Iím becoming more convinced Irvin can flourish plus MEJ in new D. Regarding TE why is Cook so different to How Redskins used Reed?
    Cook is a better blocker then Reed but Reed is a more natural receiver. Both are used more in a receiving role though. The reason I think the Raiders could draft a TE to replace hm is because I think his talent can more easily replaced and removing his cap hit alone allows us to sign our rookie class.

Never Forget

Cook is a better blocker then Reed but Reed is a more natural receiver. Both are used more in a receiving role though. The reason I think the Raiders could draft a TE to replace hm is because I think his talent can more easily replaced and removing his cap hit alone allows us to sign our rookie class.
    Reeds quicker gets in and out of cuts like a receiver I agree. Both have very good hands although Cooks are marginally better imho. Moneyís an issue of course but this draft is not loaded with Reeds and we just cant use a top 3 pick on it. Maybe Cook restructures

I don't have a problem with the idea of moving him but cutting him I do. He's on a 1 year 5 mill contract as of now. He's a good player. If we cant land a pick or some type of value out of that we're ****ing up

Cook is a very good receiving tight-end, I didn't like how we went away from him later in the season. He has talent especially when you add in the traditional blocking role.

"...prone to stoogery.".