Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 158 of 162 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2429
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Hope you understand my point... I am in no way knocking Mack. He is by far the best on the team and top 5 in the league.

To put it in different terms, what would you rather have????

1. A Ferrari (Mack) and live in a one bedroom apartment over looking a trash dump.

or

2. A modest house in a good neighborhood with a decent car, truck, and a motorcycle.

Neither is wrong... Its a preference
    AMEN brother!

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by Backstabber View Post
    I have little question we have enough and will pay Mack. RM planned for this, when we were paying Carr. Nothing has changed we're on our way to figuring this out. I for one am excited to see this defense under new leadership/coaching. I think the major things that enticed Guether here was 1a Mack and 1b Gruden
    Over the cap has the Raiders with less than 3 mil in cap space. Not sure where this money is going to come from. Back load the contract? Which effects cap space in the future. That has worked out well in the past right?

Or maybe they will just try to outlast him and franchise tag him next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    Over the cap has the Raiders with less than 3 mil in cap space. Not sure where this money is going to come from. Back load the contract? Which effects cap space in the future. That has worked out well in the past right?

Or maybe they will just try to outlast him and franchise tag him next year?
    Mack is already under contract this year. The extension now gets him locked up long term without having to go the franchise tag route which would cost more in the long run. Plus if Raiders want to open up some cap by extending his contract they can lower his cap hit this year to allow them to sign draft picks and/or sign Bowman.

Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Mack is already under contract this year. The extension now gets him locked up long term without having to go the franchise tag route which would cost more in the long run. Plus if Raiders want to open up some cap by extending his contract they can lower his cap hit this year to allow them to sign draft picks and/or sign Bowman.
    So, I think you just said back load the contract.

So, I think you just said back load the contract.
    Lets say you do a 5 year 100 deal. Well in reality its a 6 year 113M if you include this season. In its simplest term yes backloading but moving like 5 million to years 2-6 is really only a 1 million a year change. Thats not really backloading. To me backloading would be having him a cap hit of like 1M this year and move the other 12M to later years. Thats a bigger effect on the later years. In its simplest term yes moving any money from 2018 is back loading it to a later year but there is a big deference between moving a few million and moving 10+ million.

For an example Drew Brees last contract was back loaded with a void year. In his 2018 season he had a void year with 19M on it. Even if Brees signed elsewhere this year Saints had to pay Brees 19M this year. To me thats back loading a contract. Brees with his extension they did the same thing. He signed a 2 year deal with a 3rd year void with a cap hit of 10M in that deal.

Comes down to how you do the deal. Plus even with a 5 year 100m deal the deal is rarely ever 20M each year. Often times each year has a different cap hit to it to work with the cap how they project they will need it. For example Carr's contract he signed has a different cap hit every single year of his contract. This is common in mulit-year deals.

Maybe thats getting too indepth into what Im trying to say but overall Raiders can do a lot with Macks contract without it becoming a burden down the road while still helping us this year if they need to.

Never Forget

If you don't have the cap room you are moving the money into the future. Back loading the contract. I think we are talking over 20 mil a year for Mack who is already knocking down 13. If I am wrong about over 20mil a year it will make me very happy.

If you don't have the cap room you are moving the money into the future. Back loading the contract. I think we are talking over 20 mil a year for Mack who is already knocking down 13. If I am wrong about over 20mil a year it will make me very happy.
    The first thing I stated was in its simplest form yes it is back loading but you missed the point I was trying to make. The last thing I stated was you can easily make the contract however you want without hurting your future. The term back loading is made to seem like such a bad word when it comes to football contracts but it can be done properly while having a small impact for the future. They also dont have to move any back if they dont want to which would make this whole conversation void.

Yea Mack may be looking at over 20M. Miller is making 19M. Thats the closest contract to compare. Mack will get more then Miller. We will just have to see how much more.

Never Forget

You can spread it out but it still has to be paid, that is the bottom line. And if you don't have the cap space your just buying on credit that must be paid in the future. It's not hard to understand. Most of us Raider fans have seen it before.

Be interesting to see what happens if Cooper has a good year and is looking to get paid next year.

Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post
    who is eastwood and whos is angel eyes?
    Iím hoping Eastwoods Reggie getting us the best deal lol but itís probably whichever agent gets their client the biggest D player deal in NFL history. I think Mack will sign before Donald

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I want a Ferrari and a nice house.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Become a cam girl then

You can spread it out but it still has to be paid, that is the bottom line. And if you don't have the cap space your just buying on credit that must be paid in the future. It's not hard to understand. Most of us Raider fans have seen it before.

Be interesting to see what happens if Cooper has a good year and is looking to get paid next year.
    Everything in moderation. I would expect that we gain some on future cuts/restructures and probably a small amount in a creative contract. I get what youíre saying except that it wonít all come from backloading Mackís contract.

I donít anticipate a full blown return to past practices as it would be counter productive to filling our current needs.

If they keep those options open for the future then you could cut loose and get one high end FA when weíre a bit more competitive. I have no doubt in my mind that we get this done without crippling the future....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Become a cam girl then
    I don't think the world is ready for that jelly

mberr Guest
    Hunter why do you waste your keystrokes? These dudes just love to ***** and will always do it no matter what you say. Look at that fool, still has a pick of RM and Dennis Allen, ignorantly making fun of a "bad"coaching hire (despite the fact that Allen has produced top notch defenses in Denver and New Orleans), like 5 years after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Hunter why do you waste your keystrokes? These dudes just love to ***** and will always do it no matter what you say. Look at that fool, still has a pick of RM and Dennis Allen, ignorantly making fun of a "bad"coaching hire (despite the fact that Allen has produced top notch defenses in Denver and New Orleans), like 5 years after the fact.
    I dont see it as a waste to debate. Even when one or both sides dont want to move from their stance. At one point in time I have debated with just about everyone here on one topic or another. Im not always right. Sometimes my points aren't clear so I do my best to make sure everyone understands what Im trying to say.

Talking and debating Raiders is what I enjoy doing. Why most of us are here.

Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I dont see it as a waste to debate. Even when one or both sides dont want to move from their stance. At one point in time I have debated with just about everyone here on one topic or another. Im not always right. Sometimes my points aren't clear so I do my best to make sure everyone understands what Im trying to say.

Talking and debating Raiders is what I enjoy doing. Why most of us are here.
    There are still several contracts we could alter by restructuring or asking players to take a pay cut. I donít think an Irvin pay cut or restructure has taken place as of yet and had been discussed at one point. On top of that we also have guys like Osemele and Jackson who could be asked to do the same. Not sure who else, but probably a few other candidates.