Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Wiggins

Andrew Wiggins

Is he the most underperforming player in the NBA?

I'm interested to hear from fans who watch him more.

I don't know if he can be considered a bust because he is at least an average NBA starting SF who doesn't miss games.

i thought he was a sure thing elite defensive player but he is pretty garbage when i watch. his stats show a #3 option player on a good, but not great team, and for how early we started hearing about him isn't this the time he's supposed to be taking over the NBA?

he was better last couple years, is he playing through an injury?

Did he get the pay day and settle?

Jimmy Butler alpha'd him but i thought when he went down maybe he showed he can lead a team, despite coming off a great game in a L to another WC team in the playoff hunt, it seems he is a complementary player.

Is there something I'm missing. No doubt he has elite athleticism and profile of a superstar but he was dogged with lack of killer instinct that maybe he can't run from?

he has everything id want in a prospect so its really insane how he is still the same player he was from when he entered the league... there has been no growth and its shocking.

Not the greatest bball iq, doesn't have the grit or bulldog in him, lacks fire... Everything seems to be related to the mental aspect of the game. As a Canadian I was hoping he'd show more and be the next hof player after Nash (I assume Steve get in eventually). Hopefully RJ Barrett proves to be the best top pick (2019) as a Canadian which isn't saying much as Wiggins has disappointed, and Bennett was a colossal bust.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he has everything id want in a prospect so its really insane how he is still the same player he was from when he entered the league... there has been no growth and its shocking.
    exactly my thoughts. maybe a combination of piquing early and lacking the competitive will elite players have?

he was one of the many "best prospects since Lebron". when i first heard of him in 8th grade he was not only freakish athlete, he had the skills and work ethic to boot. seems like he just settled. i do give him credit for not missing games, most of the great young players can't say that, he doesn't have obnoxious personality or baggage. and does have "good" NBA value and should be able to play a long time and make tons of $ barring injury. as a hoop fan I'm disappointed tho.
    Last edited by Rain City; 03-08-2018 at 07:30 PM.

He looked great during the second half of last season and I thought he would take the next step this year but he's actually taken a step back which is disappointing. His shot selection needs to improve a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Not the greatest bball iq, doesn't have the grit or bulldog in him, lacks fire... Everything seems to be related to the mental aspect of the game. As a Canadian I was hoping he'd show more and be the next hof player after Nash (I assume Steve get in eventually). Hopefully RJ Barrett proves to be the best top pick (2019) as a Canadian which isn't saying much as Wiggins has disappointed, and Bennett was a colossal bust.
    I was just thinking the other day how Wiggins is the type of player that would benefit from playing a summer with the USA B team in a FIBA cup or something. So many US stars made jumps the season after playing with team USA. You just arent going to get the same experience with a program as young as Canada's
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

1) Can't play defense. Too small to guard SF's and too slow or lazy to guard guards.
    2) All he does is score.. which is not a problem when you look at guys like Klay doing that but..
    3) He can't shoot the ball. Klay spaces the floor. Wiggins is like DeRozan with less efficiency, skill, and all-around game. The guy got paid a huge contract for being a midrange scorer with athleticism. It was a terrible contract extension. Remember when people said Cavs lost out on Wiggins when they got Love? Well, good thing. He is trash.
    4) Has a low basketball IQ and hunger. I don't know if it has something to do with his Canadian roots but he doesn't have that drive that a black player from a rougher upbringing would have. He's a suburban black boy.. nothing wrong with that but we are talking about two different personalities. Not trying to generalize but sorta.
    Last edited by FlashBolt; 03-08-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Thibs isn't doing him any favours. But he doesn't seem to want it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    1) Can't play defense. Too small to guard SF's and too slow or lazy to guard guards.
    2) All he does is score.. which is not a problem when you look at guys like Klay doing that but..
    3) He can't shoot the ball. Klay spaces the floor. Wiggins is like DeRozan with less efficiency, skill, and all-around game. The guy got paid a huge contract for being a midrange scorer with athleticism. It was a terrible contract extension. Remember when people said Cavs lost out on Wiggins when they got Love? Well, good thing. He is trash.
    4) Has a low basketball IQ and hunger. I don't know if it has something to do with his Canadian roots but he doesn't have that drive that a black player from a rougher upbringing would have. He's a suburban black boy.. nothing wrong with that but we are talking about two different personalities. Not trying to generalize but sorta.
    Klay is an elite defender and spaces the heck out of the floor. Wiggins isn't in the same stratosphere as a player.
    watching this game, id take jaylen brown over wiggins. prolly has something to do with player development in BOS, but disappoints how many players have passed wiggins.

Hawkeye is a HUUUGE fan of Wiggins. He'll come in and do a mic drop for anyone bashing D-Wig.
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    Klay is an elite defender and spaces the heck out of the floor. Wiggins isn't in the same stratosphere as a player.
    watching this game, id take jaylen brown over wiggins. prolly has something to do with player development in BOS, but disappoints how many players have passed wiggins.
    That's why I added "but" to explain the difference between Klay and Wiggins as "scorers." Yes, Klay is a better defender but they're both there to score the ball. Klay spaces the floor and Wiggins doesn't - which in today's league, is what matters when you have scorers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Thibs isn't doing him any favours. But he doesn't seem to want it.
    That's so far from the truth if anything thibs feeds into his behavior. How else does an inefficient chucker get a mega millions extension? He's our gm as well. Not to mention he gets to play every single game and doesn't ride the pine when he chooses not to play. If anything this contract is what will cost thibs his job long term with the timberwolves.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Derozen is a great comparison. However, Derozen has been a bit of a chucker but knew that his money was being made by driving into the lane. Something that Wiggins doesn't seem to want to put the effort into to do. Part of his problem is offensive scheme. We have so little ball movement that it just hurts us. If we could get him into some post up situations he might actually be efficient. However, its all iso ball and him standing around waiting his turn to go iso. This is a thibs problem. It honestly would not surprise me if we traded him and all of a sudden hes a freaking all star because someone actually coached him properly. **** I'd take a long list of 3 and d players over wiggins at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    That's so far from the truth if anything thibs feeds into his behavior. How else does an inefficient chucker get a mega millions extension? He's our gm as well. Not to mention he gets to play every single game and doesn't ride the pine when he chooses not to play. If anything this contract is what will cost thibs his job long term with the timberwolves.
    That's exactly why he's not doing Wiggins any favours.

So overrated.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast