Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Which of the remaining players was best at their peak?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Charles Barkley

    6 37.50%
  • Julius Erving

    1 6.25%
  • David Robinson

    0 0%
  • Chris Paul

    2 12.50%
  • Bill Russell

    2 12.50%
  • Karl Malone

    4 25.00%
  • Patrick Ewing

    1 6.25%
  • Another Player (Please Specify)

    0 0%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 84
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Shut it down.


    Best of the next up

    Best pg
    Cp3 easy on a list like this but Stockton has a case too
    Gary Payton

    Best sg
    Drexler
    James Harden

    Best sf
    Barry easy

    Best pf
    Kevin McHale had that mvp caliber year with 4 years around that level. Pettit is Dirk lite
    I will understand a vote for Karl Malone but which years?

    Best center
    Russell or Drob . Russell would be the best defender in any era that didn't include hakeem
    My additional players for nominations



  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,238
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Drexler or Harden?
    Harden

    Drexler 2 best years: 27/7/6 117 ORtg, .202 WS/48, 7.4 BPM, 14.5 VORP, 23.8 PER, 55.9ts% 22.8ast% 11.2tov% 27.6usg%
    Harden 2 best years: 30/10/7 119 ORtg, 0.266 WS/48, 10.4 BPM, 15.7 VORP, 28.5 pER, 61.8ts% 48.3ast% 17.6tov% 34.9usg%


    The only thing Drexler beats Harden at is turnover rate, which is totally off-set by the playmaking Harden does for teammates



  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    24,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Harden

    Drexler 2 best years: 27/7/6 117 ORtg, .202 WS/48, 7.4 BPM, 14.5 VORP, 23.8 PER, 55.9ts% 22.8ast% 11.2tov% 27.6usg%
    Harden 2 best years: 30/10/7 119 ORtg, 0.266 WS/48, 10.4 BPM, 15.7 VORP, 28.5 pER, 61.8ts% 48.3ast% 17.6tov% 34.9usg%

    The only thing Drexler beats Harden at is turnover rate, which is totally off-set by the playmaking Harden does for teammates
    But is Harden's statistical success partly a byproduct of this era? Consider that when it comes to the playoffs, Harden performs noticeably worse than his regular season numbers (this is only his Houston stats):

    27.3 PPG | 5.6 RPG | 7.1 APG | 41.3 FG% | 33.2 3PT% | 112 Ortg | .153 WS/48 | 6.3 BPM | 22.5 PER | .579 TS% | 33.3 AST% | 16.5 TO% | 31.1 USG%

    He is worse (in some cases drastically) across the board.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,083
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16:32213296
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Harden

    Drexler 2 best years: 27/7/6 117 ORtg, .202 WS/48, 7.4 BPM, 14.5 VORP, 23.8 PER, 55.9ts% 22.8ast% 11.2tov% 27.6usg%
    Harden 2 best years: 30/10/7 119 ORtg, 0.266 WS/48, 10.4 BPM, 15.7 VORP, 28.5 pER, 61.8ts% 48.3ast% 17.6tov% 34.9usg%

    The only thing Drexler beats Harden at is turnover rate, which is totally off-set by the playmaking Harden does for teammates
    But is Harden's statistical success partly a byproduct of this era? Consider that when it comes to the playoffs, Harden performs noticeably worse than his regular season numbers (this is only his Houston stats):

    27.3 PPG | 5.6 RPG | 7.1 APG | 41.3 FG% | 33.2 3PT% | 112 Ortg | .153 WS/48 | 6.3 BPM | 22.5 PER | .579 TS% | 33.3 AST% | 16.5 TO% | 31.1 USG%

    He is worse (in some cases drastically) across the board.
    You woke up tomorrow tho and had to pick a team would you real pick glide over the beard?

    Barkley here btw but from the way people talking I dont even need to vote.

    I am totally cool with Kawhi and Harden being added to the poll.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    24,594
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    You woke up tomorrow tho and had to pick a team would you real pick glide over the beard?

    Barkley here btw but from the way people talking I dont even need to vote.

    I am totally cool with Kawhi and Harden being added to the poll.
    I honestly don't know. I'm leaning Harden just because I think he will prove himself in the playoffs before his career is over. But I saw him first hand when they faced Portland and when he gets bodied he all but disappears.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    43,314
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Drexler or Harden?
    Why Harden? I need to see one series from him that eclipses entire playoff runs from drexler.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    43,314
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    But is Harden's statistical success partly a byproduct of this era? Consider that when it comes to the playoffs, Harden performs noticeably worse than his regular season numbers (this is only his Houston stats):

    27.3 PPG | 5.6 RPG | 7.1 APG | 41.3 FG% | 33.2 3PT% | 112 Ortg | .153 WS/48 | 6.3 BPM | 22.5 PER | .579 TS% | 33.3 AST% | 16.5 TO% | 31.1 USG%

    He is worse (in some cases drastically) across the board.
    Not only that but looking at his lone playoff success, it's basically built on beating an imploding Mavs team with zero defense. Look at harden in his real series of tests, he's faded too hard for me to drool over his regular season brilliance.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    34,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Why Harden? I need to see one series from him that eclipses entire playoff runs from drexler.
    You won’t.... it’s gon Ben bad this year when he doesn’t get the phantom calls and quits on his team again, only to be up in the strip club at night.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,764
    I gotta go Chris Paul, you know he is going to orchestra a top tier offense and unlike Chuck, CP3 will bring it on the defensive end
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    13
    I'll start with my "Top 40" with 8 five man teams and coach based within roughly on a decade of their prime.
    Then I'll cut it down to 25

    1 - Coach Red Auerbach
    Russell
    Pettit
    Baylor
    West
    Robertson

    2 - Coach Red Holzman
    Chamberlain
    Havlicek
    Barry
    Frazier
    Maravich

    3 - Coach Larry Brown
    Jabbar
    Cowens
    Erving
    Gervin
    Magic Johnson

    4 - Coach Pat Riley
    M Malone
    Bird
    McHale
    Drexler
    Isiah Thomas

    5 - Coach Phil Jackson
    Olajuwon
    K Malone
    Barkley
    Jordan
    Stockton

    6 - Coach Chuck Daly
    Robinson
    Wilkins
    Worthy
    Payton
    Kidd

    7 - Coach Greg Popovich
    Shaq
    Duncan
    Garnett
    Bryant
    Nash

    8 - Coach Steve Kerr
    Dirk
    LeBron
    Durant
    Westbrook
    Curry

    Now for the tough one: picking the NBA's All Time 25. It is actually very hard to do this, because the size, strength and speed of the current guys would probably slaughter those 50 years earlier. Even in their prime, I don't think Russell, Pettit, Baylor, West & Robertson could keep up with Shaq, Duncan, Lebron, Bryant and Curry. Probably not even Hakeem, Karl Malone, Bird, Jordan and Magic.

    But here goes my 25 cents:
    Centers = Russell, Chamberlain, Jabbar, Moses Malone, Hakeem and Shaq.
    Forwards (3/4) = Havlicek, Erving, Cowens, Bird, K. Malone, Barkley, Garnett, Duncan, Lebron, Durant
    Guards (1/2) = Oscar, Pistol Pete, Magic, Drexler, Michael, Stockton, Bryant, Nash, Curry

    Coaches: Auerbach, Jackson, Popovich

    Today we could add "candidates in waiting": Anthony Davis, Westbrook, Paul, Leonard & Harden

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz:32213406
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Drexler or Harden?
    Why Harden? I need to see one series from him that eclipses entire playoff runs from drexler.
    "Clutchness" is overrated in these polls. Harden is just a better basketball player.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,083
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16:32213296
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Harden

    Drexler 2 best years: 27/7/6 117 ORtg, .202 WS/48, 7.4 BPM, 14.5 VORP, 23.8 PER, 55.9ts% 22.8ast% 11.2tov% 27.6usg%
    Harden 2 best years: 30/10/7 119 ORtg, 0.266 WS/48, 10.4 BPM, 15.7 VORP, 28.5 pER, 61.8ts% 48.3ast% 17.6tov% 34.9usg%

    The only thing Drexler beats Harden at is turnover rate, which is totally off-set by the playmaking Harden does for teammates
    But is Harden's statistical success partly a byproduct of this era? Consider that when it comes to the playoffs, Harden performs noticeably worse than his regular season numbers (this is only his Houston stats):

    27.3 PPG | 5.6 RPG | 7.1 APG | 41.3 FG% | 33.2 3PT% | 112 Ortg | .153 WS/48 | 6.3 BPM | 22.5 PER | .579 TS% | 33.3 AST% | 16.5 TO% | 31.1 USG%

    He is worse (in some cases drastically) across the board.
    27-6-7 on 58% ts. Come on.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,764
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    "Clutchness" is overrated in these polls. Harden is just a better basketball player.
    Im the biggest Harden in the fan there is but even I cannot deny that hard and has had some awful playoff games that should hurt him in this poll. He's gotta show more in the playoffs to be considered this high
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    32,227
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    "Clutchness" is overrated in these polls. Harden is just a better basketball player.
    No stats without context are.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    24,594
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    "Clutchness" is overrated in these polls. Harden is just a better basketball player.
    Clutchness is overrated, until you need it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •