Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I really don't need to. It's like when a guy that walks into the room and they ask him what type of tree he is, or if he's a dog or cat. They are trying to throw them off their game and seeing how they do after.

Yes asking him if he likes men is strange, but this isn't the first time it's happened. Give the team a slap on the wrist fine and move on. I would be willing to bet if you asked 100 players drafted in the last 3 years, at least 20 on them were asked this.
    That doesn't make it OK.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    "We asked Alvin Kamara what kind of brass instrument he was and he said tuba. That's when we knew we were speaking with a great player, A tuba is a big time horn and Alvin's a big time player."

That was damn funny.

NFL response:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-inappropriate

"A question such as that is completely inappropriate and wholly contrary to league workplace policies," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said. "The NFL and its clubs are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees in a manner that is consistent with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, state and federal laws and the CBA. We are looking into the matter.

Welp.

The return... 2018-19

Hopefully they donít ban a team. Fine them. Dock a draft pick. But even a one year ban from the Combine would lead to bigger problems than it would solve.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Oh look...

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Hopefully they donít ban a team. Fine them. Dock a draft pick. But even a one year ban from the Combine would lead to bigger problems than it would solve.
    I could see them banning a person, but not a team.
    It's one of those things, tho, where if it had been allowed to happen before, you set a bad precedent to suddenly penalize someone for it. Instead you make it known what penalties will be going forward.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

8. 03-11-2018, 11:27 AM
    Reason
    Off topic/replying to deleted posts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I could see them banning a person, but not a team.
    It's one of those things, tho, where if it had been allowed to happen before, you set a bad precedent to suddenly penalize someone for it. Instead you make it known what penalties will be going forward.
    Exactly why Iím against a team being banned. Itís happened for years now and players have said theyíve been asked it and other inappropriate questions. Why all the sudden now are you doing something? Why not before?

Fine the team, make them sit the guy for a year. But itís going to be ugly if they ban a team. Because they will need to retroactively do the same to other teams that have done that.

PROCESSING

10. 03-11-2018, 01:19 PM
    Reason

Im just gonna say what others have said, not sure it's been said in this thread. A team is offering a guy a chance to make millions of dollars for playing a sport and being a part of the community. If these questions are asked strictly for reactionary purposes, I don't see a problem with it considering the trash talk on the field and on social media and even visiting hostile cities. You don't want a guy to fly off the handle just from be called a derogatory term that may or may not insinuate their sexuality.

Even so, in today's society many people love to flaunt their sexuality and make it known I don't really see the problem with asking first "I'm gonna ask you some personal questions, decline if you would like. Are you gay/straight/trans... etc?"

Just my personal opinion, if a company is gonna pay me millions they can ask any thing they want lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tmacsc2; 03-12-2018 at 02:14 AM.

so the amount of money involved is what determines whether it's alright or not....got it

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Are you telling us that if you were guaranteed millions if you'd answer those questions, you'd be offended by those questions? GTFO.
    no, I'm saying the money involved doesn't determine the legality of the questions

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    so the amount of money involved is what determines whether it's alright or not....got it
    Are you telling us that if you were guaranteed millions if you'd answer those questions, you'd be offended by those questions? GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Probably not, but if I were homosexual and applying for a job with an organization that is suspected of not hiring people for being a homosexual I'd probably be more apprehensive about the question.

If he was gay and he said yes to that question, there's a chance that team would have not drafted him. That is actually the basis of the illegality of the question in job interviews.

16. 03-12-2018, 02:21 PM
    Reason

If you get offended by a person asking if you are gay, I am more than certain trash talk is going to have a toll on your game.

No issue with this.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    That doesn't make it OK.
    It's just a question. It's more than ok

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

19. 03-12-2018, 03:40 PM
    Reason

20. 03-12-2018, 03:44 PM
    Reason

21. 03-13-2018, 05:22 PM