QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

I can't see them picking anyone else but Barkley. He wont be there at 4, but a QB they covet could be there.

Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    I can't see them picking anyone else but Barkley. He wont be there at 4, but a QB they covet could be there.
    Same

Agreed with both of you

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

If it were my pick, itís gotta be Saquon.

They need a QB, and much of their decision really depends on whether, and how much more highly, they regard one over the rest of the pack. If thatís the case, thereís an outside chance itís a QB.

But Saquon is as ďcanít missĒ as they get which means, heís not only the clear cut best prospect in the draft, heís also the safest and surest thing.

Still... the Browns have been known to screw the pooch a time or two.

I believe they go Josh Allen... they can't pass on another guy that could be THE GUY (ala Carson Wentz). There is a very very good chance they go Barkley... but, something just tells me QB and I think Allen is their man.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = Rebuild Mode! Love my fellow Faithful
    Warriors = 2015 & 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    A's = The young talent is here!
    WINNING!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post
    I believe they go Josh Allen... they can't pass on another guy that could be THE GUY (ala Carson Wentz). There is a very very good chance they go Barkley... but, something just tells me QB and I think Allen is their man.
    Right, but one of Allen, Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold will be there at 4. Honestly, all 4 could be depending on trades obviously.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Barkley.

Baker Mayfield

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

I think they go Darnold.

''Sig by Johnle''

I went with who I would take if I were the Browns...and that is Josh Rosen. I believe that he is the best QB in the bunch, and I don't think that the draft Barkley strategy is a very good one. Most likely, they will see one, maybe two, of the QBs as a fit and like them, however, if the Giants take their top guy and someone trades up with the Colts and takes their second guy, then they are stuck with a QB that they don't like. It is vital that they get a franchise QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I went with who I would take if I were the Browns...and that is Josh Rosen. I believe that he is the best QB in the bunch, and I don't think that the draft Barkley strategy is a very good one. Most likely, they will see one, maybe two, of the QBs as a fit and like them, however, if the Giants take their top guy and someone trades up with the Colts and takes their second guy, then they are stuck with a QB that they don't like. It is vital that they get a franchise QB.
    This is almost identical to my original thoughts on the topic... but then I thought, if they screw up the QB pick and they donít get Saquon, that would be a sure fire way to screw up a real shot at winning this draft.

The only way I see it happening is if they are so absolutely enamored with a particular QB that they are willing to sacrifice a once in a generation talent to nab him. I just donít see that being the case when there is a legitimate case for 5 different QBs as the best in this draft.

If I were in the driver seat, I think Saquon at 1 is the only way to all but guarantee I donít screw this draft up. Especially when considering that only one of the teams picking between my two picks is even at all likely to take a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    This is almost identical to my original thoughts on the topic... but then I thought, if they screw up the QB pick and they donít get Saquon, that would be a sure fire way to screw up a real shot at winning this draft.

The only way I see it happening is if they are so absolutely enamored with a particular QB that they are willing to sacrifice a once in a generation talent to nab him. I just donít see that being the case when there is a legitimate case for 5 different QBs as the best in this draft.

If I were in the driver seat, I think Saquon at 1 is the only way to all but guarantee I donít screw this draft up. Especially when considering that only one of the teams picking between my two picks is even at all likely to take a QB.
    The thing is, they won't see it (nor any other team in their shoes) as a legitimate case for 5 different QBs. They will only like one or two who they will see as a fit. If you only like one or two, you have a chance of not getting your QB. Even if the Giants and Colts don't plan on drafting a QB, there is a good chance that teams move up if the Browns don't take a QB #1 overall. The Browns keep making the "right move" and passing on QBs for draft picks. However, that has resulted in them passing on Wentz, Trubisky, and Watson. Not having a QB isn't working for them. Eventually they have to go get their guy.

A franchise can't move forward unless they have their franchise QB in place. We were front row spectators to that situation. As soon as Garoppolo was brought in here, everything has seemed to just fall into place. The Browns already passed on Wentz and they can't make that same mistake again. There are different opinions on who is the best QB in this draft. Some say its Rosen, others Darnold. For me, its Allen. Regardless of what we think, the Browns need to draft whoever they feel is the best for them. If they covet Rosen, then they should draft him first overall. Why draft a running back first overall and settle for whichever QB falls to you at #4. There is a chance that QB could still be there at #4 but they can't afford to take that chance. I would go Josh Allen with the first overall pick and would be willing to give up quite a few draft picks to entice the Giants to move back to #4. I would give up the 4th, 33rd (2), 64th (2) and a 2019 2nd rounder. They'd still have the 35th pick. They'd be huge winners if they walked away with their QB and Barkley. If the Giants don't want to play ball because they really want Barkley for themselves:

1. Cleveland - Josh Allen, QB Wyoming
    2. NYG - Saquon Barkley, RB Penn State
    3. Indianapolis - Bradley Chubb, DE NC State
    4. Cleveland - Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB Alabama

Does your Pick change with the Taylor trade?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast