Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Now that they have their QB (for now) I think they will and should draft Barkley #1 overall. Then with the 4the pick Iíd take Quenton Nelson from Notre Dame. Put him right next to Joe Thomas.
    Browns have been super aggressive. Traded for Landry and all they had to do was give up a 4th rounder. Also, traded for Tyrod Taylor and Damarious Randle. And they still have all of their 1st round and early round draft picks. If they pick Barkely and have Landry and Josh Gordon, they might be much better offensively this year.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Browns have been super aggressive. Traded for Landry and all they had to do was give up a 4th rounder. Also, traded for Tyrod Taylor and Damarious Randle. And they still have all of their 1st round and early round draft picks. If they pick Barkely and have Landry and Josh Gordon, they might be much better offensively this year.
    And the put the best guard in the draft on the OL blocking for them. If the coaches hold up their end of the bargain they have a chance to challenge for the top spot in the NFC North.

Im doubling down on WR in first and second. i'll give up a 3rd/4th to move up a few for Ridley then hope St. Brown is there at 50 of if ridley is there move up few for St. Brown in the second. This WR group needs an overhaul.

Ideally 1 ridley, 2. cb/s from tennessee, 3. st. brown but thats not going to happen.

spend fa on a bandaid guard. you can find a 1t and a lb in rounds 3-5, especially a 1t. you can re-structure deals to get more fa bandaids but the WR group has to be addressed. i dont want to go into the draft next year at 15-24 again needing a wr with no capital to get the one you want. you have the resources this is the year to make moves.

looking at potential 2019 free agents only conley and marty bryant are in the acceptable age range to sniff around on and then you're still taking risks with both. both are explosive but neither are #1's. like i said wr imo has to be top priority. you can still win 13 games holding the ball, and outscoring people. our corners are good. theres only three trade up players in this draft from 19.....smith, ridley and the farm for derwin james. but again smith and james puts you in the same spot for 2019. of course signing allen robinson in fa answers a lot of questions. thats not happening so give me the guy in the draft that gets open and my other guy st. brown who gets separation with speed and is a big target.

And the put the best guard in the draft on the OL blocking for them. If the coaches hold up their end of the bargain they have a chance to challenge for the top spot in the NFC North.
    Deshon Kizer was a turnover machine, throwing 28 interceptions last year....I think that's way more than Tyrod Taylor has in his entire career. I know the Bills didn't like Tyrod, but he was one of the most efficient QBs in the league and the receivers he had were a bunch of names no one outside Buffalo knows. Josh Gordon, knocking the rust off, had some pretty spectacular catches and if he returns to that form he had in his explosive year.... I am sure he's thrilled that he has a decent QB. Not to mention Saquon Barkely is a very good receiver and add Jarvis Landry, who set the record for the most receptions in his first 3 years.... The Browns can probably take a QB with their 4th pick, unless they decide to go DE. I know I'm not talking about the Cowboys, but we haven't really done anything exciting in the offseason yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    Im doubling down on WR in first and second. i'll give up a 3rd/4th to move up a few for Ridley then hope St. Brown is there at 50 of if ridley is there move up few for St. Brown in the second. This WR group needs an overhaul.

Ideally 1 ridley, 2. cb/s from tennessee, 3. st. brown but thats not going to happen.

spend fa on a bandaid guard. you can find a 1t and a lb in rounds 3-5, especially a 1t. you can re-structure deals to get more fa bandaids but the WR group has to be addressed. i dont want to go into the draft next year at 15-24 again needing a wr with no capital to get the one you want. you have the resources this is the year to make moves.
    I'd like a trade up to grab a talented player too. But I still think Courtland Sutton is the guy we should target. I'm just enamored with his physical talents and upside. But I think he'll probably be there at 19 since most are higher on Ridley.

Deshon Kizer was a turnover machine, throwing 28 interceptions last year....I think that's way more than Tyrod Taylor has in his entire career. I know the Bills didn't like Tyrod, but he was one of the most efficient QBs in the league and the receivers he had were a bunch of names no one outside Buffalo knows. Josh Gordon, knocking the rust off, had some pretty spectacular catches and if he returns to that form he had in his explosive year.... I am sure he's thrilled that he has a decent QB. Not to mention Saquon Barkely is a very good receiver and add Jarvis Landry, who set the record for the most receptions in his first 3 years.... The Browns can probably take a QB with their 4th pick, unless they decide to go DE. I know I'm not talking about the Cowboys, but we haven't really done anything exciting in the offseason yet.
    Donít forget they also still have Duke Johnson who is an excellent change of pace back and very good receiver out of the back field. He and Barkley would be a scare 1-2 punch at RB.

Pretty sad day when the Browns are more exciting to talk about than the Cowboys.

Donít forget they also still have Duke Johnson who is an excellent change of pace back and very good receiver out of the back field. He and Barkley would be a scare 1-2 punch at RB.

Pretty sad day when the Browns are more exciting to talk about than the Cowboys.
    Yeah, I agree with you. It's weird to say it, but I'm kind of excited about the Browns right now. If they have Barkely (the crown jewel of the draft) with that change of pace back you mentioned, to go with Landry (the most receptions his first 3 seasons) and Josh Gordon (a freak of nature that led the league until his off the field troubles).... pretty exciting. And these are the Browns.

Yeah, I agree with you. It's weird to say it, but I'm kind of excited about the Browns right now. If they have Barkely (the crown jewel of the draft) with that change of pace back you mentioned, to go with Landry (the most receptions his first 3 seasons) and Josh Gordon (a freak of nature that led the league until his off the field troubles).... pretty exciting. And these are the Browns.
    And Tyrod Taylor can ball too! I never understood why the Bills were constantly trying to replace him.

And Tyrod Taylor can ball too! I never understood why the Bills were constantly trying to replace him.
    That's funny I just said the same thing in the Around the NFL thread. It makes no sense why they didn't like him. He wasn't too expensive and was a good QB. He's not a super star, but you don't need one to win as long as he can make plays and doesn't turn the ball over. It's not like the Bills ever surrounded him with talented WRs anyway. Watkins was always hurt and his best WR last year was Zay Jones (then Kelvin Benjamin for a while). Very odd.

I guess, that's why they're the Bills. Thank God, we played them twice in the Superbowl. Watching him in a game, he's a competitor and very smart. If you look at the Bills wide receivers, I wouldn't want to push the ball down the field with them either. You still have to be logical and not want to turn the ball over. If he had a prime Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson, I am sure he can put up huge numbers. Sometimes, it's the receiving core, o line and coaches you have. He did the best he could and didn't even make a fuss when they totally disrepected him. I can only imagine what he'd do under someone like Bellichek or Sean Payton.
    Last edited by rocketfuel; 03-13-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Yea Iíd definitely like to see him succeed. Iím actually really interested in seeing how this Browns team does, especially if they draft Barkley.

Yea Iíd definitely like to see him succeed. Iím actually really interested in seeing how this Browns team does, especially if they draft Barkley.
    I just don't want to see Barkely on the Giants...it will help them immediately. The Browns did take a big blow in losing Joe Thomas. Before he was gone, I would have said they improved significantly. But, unseen things like the line changes everything. I am excited by their weapons though. And they even brought in people on defense that was overshadowed by their moves on offense.

I just don't want to see Barkely on the Giants...it will help them immediately. The Browns did take a big blow in losing Joe Thomas. Before he was gone, I would have said they improved significantly. But, unseen things like the line changes everything. I am excited by their weapons though. And they even brought in people on defense that was overshadowed by their moves on offense.
    I would consider that Notre Dame OL with the 4th pick if I was them.

If Ridley is there we need to pick him up or Vita Vea to stop the run

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast