Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you want Kirk Cousins in MN?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 45.45%
  • No

5 22.73%
  • Uncertain

7 31.82%
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    When SanFran wins that division next year on the back of Jimmy G you’ll rethink this statement. The guy took the worst team in football and ran off 6 straight with them. He hung 40 points on the Jaguars late in the season in an absolute route. The kid is special. You don’t need to see him start for multiple seasons to realize that.
    I applaud his small sample size. The rams are winning that divisional too. Rams scare me in the nfc this next year.

The main concern I see with everyone not ok with this signing is the $$. So if we had signed him for $20 million that would make him a better QB? Gotta throw away the mindset of how much money he is getting. We can't dictate the market.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    The main concern I see with everyone not ok with this signing is the $$. So if we had signed him for $20 million that would make him a better QB? Gotta throw away the mindset of how much money he is getting. We can't dictate the market.
    The money you get dictates expectation. You’re paying a guy who doesnt deserve it. Yeah, itd be nice if every superstar could be had for 5 dollars, but they cant. And yes it is super bowl or bust with this guy, otherwise why the hell are we giving him all this money? Just making the playoffs isnt good enough. I wont accept “good enough” from kirk cousins. Case keenum, who we had for 2 million dollars, took us to the nfc championship game. Everyone seems to think kirk is FAR better than case. So if he doesnt at least replicate that success while make 14x more money than yes, this contract and this 3 years window is a failure. No other way around it. I expect better from this so called “franchise qb.”

His high price also stops us from signing other guys, so it has a direct impact on the potential success of the team.
    Last edited by Wolfpac_101; 03-13-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Thankfully, this got done. Especially with Case signing in Denver.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    The money you get dictates expectation. You’re paying a guy who doesnt deserve it. Yeah, itd be nice if every superstar could be had for 5 dollars, but they cant. And yes it is super bowl or bust with this guy, otherwise why the hell are we giving him all this money? Just making the playoffs isnt good enough. I wont accept “good enough” from kirk cousins. Case keenum, who we had for 2 million dollars, took us to the nfc championship game. Everyone seems to think kirk is FAR better than case. So if he doesnt at least replicate that success while make 14x more money than yes, this contract and this 3 years window is a failure. No other way around it. I expect better from this so called “franchise qb.”

His high price also stops us from signing other guys, so it has a direct impact on the potential success of the team.
    Lol some of you Vikings fans need to stop thinking that Case Keenum carried us to the NFC Championship game. We had 3 quarterbacks under contract last year that we would have won a lot of games with. We had a great team and still do. Kirk Cousins is a MAJOR upgrade from Case Keenum guys get with it. Is he going to win us a superbowl? Who knows. But this is an upgrade at the QB position idk how you can argue against that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post

If the market didn't inflate, and money was separated in a way that the best player is paid the most, 2nd player is paid 2nd most. Hell that'd be great. Reality is that's just not how it works.

If we stick with Case, it looks like he's going to be getting over 20 mil.

Let's say we re signed Teddy as a prove it deal and he has the same year Case did last year. He'd be in the ball park of what Kirk is getting, just next year, which is also when many of our key guys are set to hit the market.

I understand wanting a bargain, but one way or another you're going to be paying a QB top dollar.

May I ask what your dream scenario was?

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Lol some of you Vikings fans need to stop thinking that Case Keenum carried us to the NFC Championship game. We had 3 quarterbacks under contract last year that we would have won a lot of games with. We had a great team and still do. Kirk Cousins is a MAJOR upgrade from Case Keenum guys get with it. Is he going to win us a superbowl? Who knows. But this is an upgrade at the QB position idk how you can argue against that.
    Guess we’ll find out wont we? Lets see if this MAJOR upgrade can get it done. If he cant succeed with this great team that carries another qb to the nfc championship game, and he’s as good as you say he is, he should at least be able to do just as good right? If he doesnt will we hear more excuses for him? I hope not ...

Our defense will put Kirk in great field positions that he never had in Washington.

SKOL!!!!!

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    our defense will put kirk in great field positions that he never had in washington.

Skol!!!!!
    he's back!!! Skol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Nas!!!!!!

YOU LIKE THAT!!!!!!! LOL

IN MY KIRK COUSIN VOICE

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    There were going to be issues/complaints no matter which way we went.

I would obviously feel better about it at 20 mil in comparison. We chose Kirk as the guy to go all in on to put us over the top though, that seems pretty clear imo. There are just differing takes on whether he is worth that or not (will we lose people, does it limit us too much in adding more, is he lifting us to completely new levels at QB etc) and if he can take us to that next level and get us a SB. We won't get to see for sure until the season and beyond so right now it is just gonna be the opinion you probably had of him before today being discussed further

[QUOTE=D-Sharp;32222958]he's back!!! Skol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOT

Yes im back like #23

Our defense will put Kirk in great field positions that he never had in Washington.

SKOL!!!!!
    Where you been at bro?!?!?!

hey nas!!!!!!

You like that!!!!!!! Lol

in my kirk cousin voice
    pshhh you know i like that!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    There were going to be issues/complaints no matter which way we went.

I would obviously feel better about it at 20 mil in comparison. We chose Kirk as the guy to go all in on to put us over the top though, that seems pretty clear imo. There are just differing takes on whether he is worth that or not (will we lose people, does it limit us too much in adding more, is he lifting us to completely new levels at QB etc) and if he can take us to that next level and get us a SB. We won't get to see for sure until the season and beyond so right now it is just gonna be the opinion you probably had of him before today being discussed further
    Always the level-headed one arent you gopher lol

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast