Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you want Kirk Cousins in MN?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 45.45%
  • No

5 22.73%
  • Uncertain

7 31.82%
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Lamar Jackson is very appealing to me. He has flaws but he's so dynamic. A few tweeks with his mechanics and he could be special.
    With the use of RPO's that I am suspecting our offense leans on this year, I think it would mask most of his weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    We are going to get outbid... no way the Vikes commit fully guaranteed contract and be the team that derails the NFL contract system lol.

I have been confident in getting Kirk for weeks and now I am 2% confident that we land him. I think by Wednesday we will announce the return of Teddy on a 2 year deal.
    Agreed 100%...we will not offer something ridiculous. I would be shocked if we offered over $30 million per and fully guaranteed. That is just something we don't do. We will offer a very fair and competitive deal imo and it will be left up to Kirk.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    https://kfan.iheart.com/featured/man...se-qb-we-need/

Check these numbers out.

The stats below are the sums of pertinent stats for quarterbacks over their first three seasons as starters.

Kirk Cousins
    13,176 yards passing - 81TDs - 36INTs - 67% completion - 97.5 passer rating

Aaron Rodgers
    12,394 yards passing - 86TDs - 31INTs - 64.6% completion - 99.4 passer rating

Peyton Manning
    12,287 yards passing - 85TDs - 58INTs - 60.4% completion - 85.4 passer rating

Cam Newton
    11,299 yards passing - 64TDs - 42INTs - 59.8% completion - 86.4 passer rating

Tom Brady
    10,227 yards passing - 69TDs - 38INTs - 61.9% completion - 86.0 passer rating

Drew Brees
    8,551 yards passing - 55TDs - 38INTs - 61.4% completion - 83.0 passer rating

Ben Roethlisberger
    8,519 yards passing - 52TDs - 43INTs - 62.4% completion - 87.9 passer rating

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Vike4Life8790 View Post
    The worry with Cousins is not just the money. It's the player your really getting for all that money. We just assume he will play better since he will have a better team around him. For all we know, even with a good team around him, he can still just be a stat padder who is incapable of winning big games. Every QB on the market is a gamble. Just all for different reasons.
    Like going posted...we don't need Cousins to really get better we just need him to be Kirk. At least from a stats point we don't.

With the use of RPO's that I am suspecting our offense leans on this year, I think it would mask most of his weaknesses.
    No doubt...I mean look at what it did for Foles who we all know is flawed. It's very reasonable to suspect that Wentz success if because of the RPO. Personally I think he is overrated at the moment, yes he is good but not nearly as good as what everyone thinks he is...yet anyways.

We are going to get outbid... no way the Vikes commit fully guaranteed contract and be the team that derails the NFL contract system lol.

I have been confident in getting Kirk for weeks and now I am 2% confident that we land him. I think by Wednesday we will announce the return of Teddy on a 2 year deal.
    I agree with you. Like many have said, we have a number in mind and if he says no, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Vikings are the same team that backed off when the money got too rich with Michael Johnson or Andrew Whitworth. This organization has always been smart with their money and never pay more than what they want to. For them to offer 30 a year fully guaranteed would be just a complete 180 from how they did business in the past. Will there be a time to one day overspend? Yes. I just don't think Kirk is that guy you do it for.

Lamar Jackson is very appealing to me. He has flaws but he's so dynamic. A few tweeks with his mechanics and he could be special.
    I'm interested to know what you potentially see in him? For the most part, the rushing aspect doesn't translate to the NFL and he's very inaccurate. Even just viewing his highlights, you could see his ball placement is downright terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Sharp View Post
    I'm interested to know what you potentially see in him? For the most part, the rushing aspect doesn't translate to the NFL and he's very inaccurate. Even just viewing his highlights, you could see his ball placement is downright terrible.
    His accuracy is spotty but I like the idea of him developing under DeFilippo. He's either going to be a stud or terrible. On the Vikings I think his chances to develop are strong.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Priority #1 needs to be signing Cousins. If he wants a ridiculous amount of money and chases the paper then re-sign Teddy and bring Suh’s *** in here.

Just throwing it out there but the tampering period is under way and Drew Brees doesn't have a contract. It's a pipe dream but I'm just saying.
    Sign Drew for 2/60, draft Lamar at 30....Cousins signs with NO
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

No way Brees leaves saints...
    I seriously doubt it, too....so does he not have a contract for the same reason Rodgers doesn't? Waiting to see what Cousin's contract looks like?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Sign Drew for 2/60, draft Lamar at 30....Cousins signs with NO

I thought the same but Ian Rapoport just reported there’s lots of interest outside of new orleans and that other teams think there’s a real possibilty Brees gets away from the Saints. **** i’ll take Brees or Cousins as priority #1 now and then have Teddy as a fall back option.

Vikings have officially reached out to Drew Brees woahhhh baby

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/591/drew-brees

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California