Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you want Kirk Cousins in MN?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 45.45%
  • No

5 22.73%
  • Uncertain

7 31.82%
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    I read Kirk won't be taking an visits. Really curious why. If it's NOT about the money I feel it makes a lot of sense to go meet with each team, meet the coaches, staff, and players and see where the best fit is. I mean what happens when DeFilippo and Cousins meet and they butt heads on philosophy? Seems like a strange decision to me.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I read Kirk won't be taking an visits. Really curious why. If it's NOT about the money I feel it makes a lot of sense to go meet with each team, meet the coaches, staff, and players and see where the best fit is. I mean what happens when DeFilippo and Cousins meet and they butt heads on philosophy? Seems like a strange decision to me.
    Maybe they've already spoken "illegally" and he's made a decision so doesn't want to waste his time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

https://kfan.iheart.com/featured/man...se-qb-we-need/

Check these numbers out.

The stats below are the sums of pertinent stats for quarterbacks over their first three seasons as starters.

Kirk Cousins
    13,176 yards passing - 81TDs - 36INTs - 67% completion - 97.5 passer rating

Aaron Rodgers
    12,394 yards passing - 86TDs - 31INTs - 64.6% completion - 99.4 passer rating

Peyton Manning
    12,287 yards passing - 85TDs - 58INTs - 60.4% completion - 85.4 passer rating

Cam Newton
    11,299 yards passing - 64TDs - 42INTs - 59.8% completion - 86.4 passer rating

Tom Brady
    10,227 yards passing - 69TDs - 38INTs - 61.9% completion - 86.0 passer rating

Drew Brees
    8,551 yards passing - 55TDs - 38INTs - 61.4% completion - 83.0 passer rating

Ben Roethlisberger
    8,519 yards passing - 52TDs - 43INTs - 62.4% completion - 87.9 passer rating

There has been so much thrown out there that I think he has to at least make one visit. Let's say that there is this illegal tampering, which we all know is very likely, he has to make a visit to said team to at least make it appear that there was no tampering. If that is the Vikes then you fly Cousins in, do your "visit", deal is made before he can "visit" anyone else.

The one thing about Teddy I don't understand is how he's basically viewed the same way an 8 or 9 year vet is. I see a lot of "I don't see Teddy is this" or "I don't think Teddy will be able to do that". Something I feel often overlooked is the fact Teddy is only 25 with 28 career starts. The injury set him back but there is still A LOT of developing left. For comparisons sake, Kirk Cousins has started 57 games and has attempted 1,245 more passes than Teddy.
    I agree, totally unfair to him. The problem is we are assuming he will make those progressions but I do believe I saw enough that told me he was only going to get better. I have not banked that Cousins is coming here but it does appear very likely and as a Teddy fan it does hurt a bit. I feel there was unfinished business but only the coaching staff and FO truly knows where Teddy is and if they do pull the trigger on Cousins it tells me they think he is better right now for this team. It's possible they like Teddy possibly in a year or two from now but we can't gamble imo.

And therein lies the rub.....sticking with Teddy is a bigger gamble, signing Cousins is a bigger cap hit
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    And therein lies the rub.....sticking with Teddy is a bigger gamble, signing Cousins is a bigger cap hit
    The worry with Cousins is not just the money. It's the player your really getting for all that money. We just assume he will play better since he will have a better team around him. For all we know, even with a good team around him, he can still just be a stat padder who is incapable of winning big games. Every QB on the market is a gamble. Just all for different reasons.

[https://pbs]

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

As the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes heats up, sources say at least 2 teams are prepared to offer the free agent QB a 3-year, fully guaranteed contract if that’s what it takes. At least one other team will do a similar deal nearly fully guaranteed. Would make him the highest paid QB.

8:50 AM · Mar 12, 2018

We are going to get outbid... no way the Vikes commit fully guaranteed contract and be the team that derails the NFL contract system lol.

I have been confident in getting Kirk for weeks and now I am 2% confident that we land him. I think by Wednesday we will announce the return of Teddy on a 2 year deal.

^^^^ I’ll give you a blowjob if we sign teddy back

Quote Originally Posted by LA_1 View Post
    ^^^^ I’ll give you a blowjob if we sign teddy back
    Haha, pass.

Idk, I just don't see how we don't get out bid. Even the Browns and Dorsey will probably make an aggressive move at Cousins even with Tyrod.

I just don't see Minny entering a bidding war and overpaying significantly. I think Speilman has his best offer printed out and will be faxing it over in 6 minutes. Either Cousins buys in at that price or they move on.
    I don't see Keenum wanting to return with the Vikes not committing and comments that have been made. I can't see them approaching MCarron over Teddy and I don't think they trade for Foles.

That doesn't leave many other options. Teddy, Gelnnon, McCown, Rookie. I think the Teddy Route would be to sign him to a 2 year deal and look at some guys like Suh/Richardson and other FA they can sign on a 2 year deal and try to stack the team around Teddy for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Haha, pass.

Idk, I just don't see how we don't get out bid. Even the Browns and Dorsey will probably make an aggressive move at Cousins even with Tyrod.

I just don't see Minny entering a bidding war and overpaying significantly. I think Speilman has his best offer printed out and will be faxing it over in 6 minutes. Either Cousins buys in at that price or they move on.
    I don't see Keenum wanting to return with the Vikes not committing and comments that have been made. I can't see them approaching MCarron over Teddy and I don't think they trade for Foles.

That doesn't leave many other options. Teddy, Gelnnon, McCown, Rookie. I think the Teddy Route would be to sign him to a 2 year deal and look at some guys like Suh/Richardson and other FA they can sign on a 2 year deal and try to stack the team around Teddy for 2 years.
    I can't find who tweeted it today but I've been reading the Vikings will be aggressive but have a number that will walk away from. The Jets supposedly don't. If Kirk is willing to take 25 a season then I'm on board. If he wants like 30 then we should pass. Bring back Case and Teddy or a veteran like McCown.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Just throwing it out there but the tampering period is under way and Drew Brees doesn't have a contract. It's a pipe dream but I'm just saying.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

I can't find who tweeted it today but I've been reading the Vikings will be aggressive but have a number that will walk away from. The Jets supposedly don't. If Kirk is willing to take 25 a season then I'm on board. If he wants like 30 then we should pass. Bring back Case and Teddy or a veteran like McCown.

That is what I think. Here is our #... Yes or No. No bidding war and no sky is the limit.
    Teddy and McCown would be a nice mix. If Lamar Jackson falls to 30, he is an interesting pick to put behind Teddy for a year or 2. I have Faith in DiFillipo to make anyone work really.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    That is what I think. Here is our #... Yes or No. No bidding war and no sky is the limit.
    Teddy and McCown would be a nice mix. If Lamar Jackson falls to 30, he is an interesting pick to put behind Teddy for a year or 2. I have Faith in DiFillipo to make anyone work really.
    Lamar Jackson is very appealing to me. He has flaws but he's so dynamic. A few tweeks with his mechanics and he could be special.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast