Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you want Kirk Cousins in MN?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 45.45%
  • No

5 22.73%
  • Uncertain

7 31.82%
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ya I think sign cousins and trade or let Barr walk is a good way to help make up for the extra cost. Resign diggs hunter Kendricks for sure IMO (unless prices are weird).
    You see what some of the WR's got this year? Sammy Watkins got 3 year for $48 million. We are going to have to pay Diggs if we want to keep him

I want to revote, Im now a yes on the poll lol

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    You see what some of the WR's got this year? Sammy Watkins got 3 year for $48 million. We are going to have to pay Diggs if we want to keep him
    The guaranteed money wasn't that all that high. I could see Diggs getting a little above what Doug Baldwin is making.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Not going to lie but I was just a tad bit nervous since it wasn't 100% official. All I kept thinking about last night is what will the Vikings do to **** this up? Then come morning all the headlines will be that Cousins is not going to us lol.

Want to know how I think Kirk is a stud...the bitterness of Doug Williams is why lol. He nitpicks him but then in the same conversation wishes he would have stayed.

Washington V.P. of player personnel Doug Williams nitpicks Kirk Cousins on his way out the door
    Posted by Curtis Crabtree on March 13, 2018, 12:45 AM EDT

Getty Images
    The Washington Redskins are going to miss Kirk Cousins if for no other reason than they’ll have to find a new target to snipe at moving forward.

Cousins’ tenure with Washington is over and Cousins will get a very large contract to play quarterback for another team in the near future. However, that didn’t stop a prominent member of the Redskins franchise taking one last shot at Cousins as he heads out the door.

Doug Williams, a Super Bowl winning quarterback with the Redskins and the team’s senior vice president of player personnel, gave his impression of Cousins’ play and being unable to sign Cousins long-term deal to Tom Friend of TheSportsCapitol.com.

It wasn’t exactly glowing.

“We watch opportunities that we didn’t take advantage of, not the yardage,” Williams said of Cousins. “How many opportunities did you pass up? How many opportunities did you give your players to make plays. Little stuff like that.”

No quarterback makes every correct decision in front of him. Not Tom Brady. Not Joe Montana. Not Peyton Manning. Cousins is no exception. However, he’s posted three straight seasons with over 4,000 passing yards and a passer rating of at least 93.9.

Williams did say he’s disappointed that Cousins won’t be with the team any longer and called him “a guy with talent, a guy that could get it done.” However, he was a guy Washington never wanted to commit to for the long-term despite his play on the field. He was also a guy team president Bruce Allen seemingly called “Kurt” repeatedly while reading a statement criticizing the quarterback for not being interested in the team’s overtures last July.

Cousins played his final two seasons in Washington under the franchise tag and is being courted by the Minnesota Vikings, New York Jets, Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals for his services.

“For me to say he handled right or wrong is not for me to say,” Williams said. “I can only say from my perspective – only me – if I was in his shoes, which I couldn’t be in his shoes, it would be hard for me not to still be here. Being in the nation’s capital, and having something to work with. When you talk about the offensive line, it’s a certain thing. And then there’s the comfortability part of it. No. 8 was here for six years. And had an opportunity to be here for the next five, I’m sure, if that’s what he chose.

“But that’s what free agency is all about. You give a man an opportunity to do what he wants to do. The No. 8 era is over. We got to put that on the side and start the No. 11 or whatever era. It’s over.”

Washington erred by being cautious and waiting to offer Cousins a long-term contract. The quarterback market was always going to increase exponentially and Cousins’ play over the last three years ensured he was only going to become more and more expensive to keep around. That has given Cousins the chance to hit the market and choose his destiny. It’s no wonder he’s choosing somewhere other than Washington.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-out-the-door/

Rapoport: Cardinals, Jets offered Kirk Cousins more money than Vikings
    If so, it speaks to Cousins’ priorities
    By Christopher Gates@Gates_DN
    Mar 13, 2018, 12:20pm CDT

The reports are swirling that the Minnesota Vikings are soon going to be signing former Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins to a contract that’s worth a whole lot of money. However, it apparently isn’t as much money as he could have gotten.

Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network is reporting that not one, but two teams apparently offered Cousins more money to sign with them, but that he has apparently decided to go with the purple instead.

According to Rapoport, both the Arizona Cardinals and the New York Jets offered more money that the Vikings did. There weren’t any specifications about the length of the deals or the amount of guarantees that either of those two teams offered, just that they offered Cousins more than the Vikings did.

If this is true and Cousins did, in fact, take less money to come to Minnesota, then it sort of crystallizes his priorities. With all due respect to the Jets and the Cardinals, they aren’t on the same level competitively that the Vikings are right now. . .after all, the Vikings did make it to the NFC Championship Game last season and bring back just about everybody from that squad. If Cousins is serious about wanting to win, and it appears that he is, then Minnesota has been a no-brainer as a destination for him all along.

This appears to be one of those rare occasions in the world of professional sports. . .when an athlete decides that it isn’t all about the money and it actually turns out not to be all about the money. Hopefully more details on this will emerge going forward, but for now, it appears that Cousins is more interested in winning football games than lining his pocketbook.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Rapoport: Cardinals, Jets offered Kirk Cousins more money than Vikings
    If so, it speaks to Cousins’ priorities
    By Christopher Gates@Gates_DN
    Mar 13, 2018, 12:20pm CDT
    Kind of what we were thinking all along. But let's be honest here...we are talking probably a difference of $2-$3 million a year, not really a big difference if you ask me. You're still getting rich lol. It would be different if he had accepted $25 million.

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    His interception in the saints game. and his hit on Rodgers was the reason we got where we got. I think the Packers win the division if he doesn't get hurt. But I see what u r saying, he was rated out as a average linebacker, according to PFF.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Lol that INT in the Saints game was a tipped ball, the big play was made by Everson Griffen beating the tackle to the inside and getting in Brees’ face while he made the throw, Barr just happened to be standing in the area that the ball fell to. Although it was the best hit of the year for the Vikings, we can’t exactly call Barr’s hit on Rodgers a splash play haha.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    We definitely want to keep Diggs and will pay the man!

Official Kirk Cousins Thread (poll)

It would be interesting if those numbers came out and we see what was left on the table. I thought I saw cards offered 5 years 150 or something like that. That's actually not a big deal if not fully guaranteed, like I have said the 3 year deal is great for Kirk and actually a negative for us overall so I get turning down two more years especially if not guaranteed.

If it was like 3 years 93 mil guaranteed though that's pretty cool we didn't have to go higher and match

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    It would be interesting if those numbers came out and we see what was left on the table. I thought I saw cards offered 5 years 150 or something like that. That's actually not a big deal if not fully guaranteed, like I have said the 3 year deal is great for Kirk and actually a negative for us overall so I get turning down two more years especially if not guaranteed.

If it was like 3 years 93 mil guaranteed though that's pretty cool we didn't have to go higher and match
    Kirk basically chose us from the beginning we just had to give him a number he’d accept.

Kirk got the length he wanted, when his contract is up its right when the new CBA deal should be done.

By agreeing to take a lesser offer to play for the Vikings, Kirk is already showing his new teammates the kind of character he'll bring to the locker room. They will also be quite pleased that he opened the door to fully guaranteed contracts.

Didn't know this

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast