Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well at least the Piss-tons found a way to force OT. Gotta make these games at least interesting.

that was such a terrible out of bounds play man. Reggie Bullock our best cutter and 3 point shooter throwing the pass in... wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    that was such a terrible out of bounds play man. Reggie Bullock our best cutter and 3 point shooter throwing the pass in... wtf?
    and why was Drummond in the game unless they were gonna lob it up to him? Wasn't there a small guy checking him under the rim? I guess he could've been a decoy, but if you actually get the small guy checking him you gotta throw that lob right?

Instead we get a 25 ft turnaround from Blake

Meh.

Don't understand how DeRoazon can be allowed to dribble full court in 5 seconds to dunk with the game tied. Blake gives a Deion Sanders wave as DeRozan goes up for the dunk. Hat tip to AT for at least trying to stop him.

It seems as thought we almost always come out flat to start either the 1st or 3rd quarter. We seem to be involved in the 2nd and 4t quarter. I think that points to getting the team ready to play. Players are doing their thing pre game and whatever SVG is saying at half time is of little or no consequence to what's going on. That's coaching. You're fighting for your playoff lives and give up 40+ in the third? WTF?

Seeing in the headline that Chauncey still says his goal is to be an NBA exec. . . Hmmmm. Interesting publishing timing of that quote. even though its pretty much been known for awhile.

per the article: Whenever the next front office opening comes about, Billups will listen.

He was in Den for ESPN to call Den/Cavs. And he took his name out of Clev last summer. But still . . .
    Last edited by markbutter; 03-08-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post
    Meh.

Don't understand how DeRoazon can be allowed to dribble full court in 5 seconds to dunk with the game tied. Blake gives a Deion Sanders wave as DeRozan goes up for the dunk. Hat tip to AT for at least trying to stop him.

It seems as thought we almost always come out flat to start either the 1st or 3rd quarter. We seem to be involved in the 2nd and 4t quarter. I think that points to getting the team ready to play. Players are doing their thing pre game and whatever SVG is saying at half time is of little or no consequence to what's going on. That's coaching. You're fighting for your playoff lives and give up 40+ in the third? WTF?

Seeing in the headline that Chauncey still says his goal is to be an NBA exec. . . Hmmmm. Interesting publishing timing of that quote. even though its pretty much been known for awhile.

per the article: Whenever the next front office opening comes about, Billups will listen.

He was in Den for ESPN to call Den/Cavs. And he took his name out of Clev last summer. But still . . .
    That play right there was enough for me to change from on the fence about cleaning house to demanding it. That play should never happen in this situation.

Our defense has been piss-poor all year...there have been numerous times teams have beat us out of a break off of a miss free throw/shot and manage to take it all the way for an easy shot. It just so happens DeRozan was able to get the inbound pass and blow pass Bullock & Ish easily to go to the basket. If there's a housecleaning whoever we bring should be able to get the most out of our guys on defense, clearly SVG cannot.

I know Blake was getting flake for not closing out on DeRozan, but OT was evidence as to why he didn't. Three guys collapsed on DR and he was able to kick it out to a wide open VanFleet.

Ironically this game kinda gave me hope for the future... If coached correctly and having a respectable bench this team IMO could actually make the playoffs NEXT SEASON

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Our defense has been piss-poor all year...there have been numerous times teams have beat us out of a break off of a miss free throw/shot and manage to take it all the way for an easy shot. It just so happens DeRozan was able to get the inbound pass and blow pass Bullock & Ish easily to go to the basket. If there's a housecleaning whoever we bring should be able to get the most out of our guys on defense, clearly SVG cannot.

I know Blake was getting flake for not closing out on DeRozan, but OT was evidence as to why he didn't. Three guys collapsed on DR and he was able to kick it out to a wide open VanFleet.

Ironically this game kinda gave me hope for the future... If coached correctly and having a respectable bench this team IMO could actually make the playoffs NEXT SEASON
    Blake should have closed out. I'm not expecting him to try and draw a charge and get steamrolled. But at that point, he commits a tough foul, no bucket, two free throws and Tor is up only 1, not two. So everything else being equal - we don't get to OT.

Second, first rule of basketball is stop the ball. Always stop the ball. IN this case, we give up a dunk instead of a corner 3? Stop the ball. Mae them shoot the 3. CJ Miles was in the corner, so DeRozan hits him and Miles makes it. Still down two and a second less than otherwise.

Ish and Bullock got caught/tangled trying to prevent inbounds pass from being rolled up the court. No need to be at the FT under towards the baseline in that situation. Between half court and FT is where they should have been.

It does give me hope for next season. But this is exactly why SVG needs to go.
    Last edited by markbutter; 03-08-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Reggie Jackson (ankle) still intends to return this season even with the Pistons slipping out of the playoff race.
    "(Returning) this year would be of more value because any games he can get under his belt with Blake and Andre both together would be extremely helpful and help the evaluation process going forward," coach Van Gundy said. Jackson is way behind schedule and has been on the sidelines for 10 weeks. He's starting to do more at practice including 1-on-1 drills, but there's still no clear return date in sight.
    just shut him down, let the next coach have a fully healed roster to work with next year

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    just shut him down, let the next coach have a fully healed roster to work with next year
    The only way he plays is if there's 5 games left and we're within 2 of the 8th spot.

IOW, he doesn't play this season.

Just listened to SVGs press conference. It makes me think that hes outta here when the season is done, but his relationship with Gores is still tight.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gronis10 View Post
    Just listened to SVGs press conference. It makes me think that hes outta here when the season is done, but his relationship with Gores is still tight.
    yeah and Gores gave him the dreaded "vote of confidence of death", and with a west coast trip coming up, and how bad we've been on the road, this is pretty much done

Quote Originally Posted by Gronis10 View Post
    Billups for GM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12