Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,539

    Who are you top 10 for the MVP in order and why

    Go.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    416
    I don't want this to turn into why Simmons or Embiid should win it.

    But if I had to choose it will be between Harden and Irving with Harden leading at this point.

    SUPER BOWL 52 CHAMPIONS!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    35,060
    Gotta give some love to AD.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixers3Fan View Post
    I don't want this to turn into why Simmons or Embiid should win it.

    But if I had to choose it will be between Harden and Irving with Harden leading at this point.
    I think harden is the clear cut winner but 2-10 is pretty open... i wouldnt have simmons in my top 10... embiid yes but simmons no... if we get a top 4 seed embiid would be top 3 but 1 and 2 are pretty locked up.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I think harden is the clear cut winner but 2-10 is pretty open... i wouldnt have simmons in my top 10... embiid yes but simmons no... if we get a top 4 seed embiid would be top 3 but 1 and 2 are pretty locked up.
    You just said 2-10 are pretty open. Assuming after Harden it's an open debate. Then you said 1 and 2 are pretty locked up. Might have read it wrong but you were talking about the 1 and 2 seeds? toronto and boston?

    SUPER BOWL 52 CHAMPIONS!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,640
    Harden

    Davis
    Irving

    Butler (i know he might be done now but at this moment for now)
    Embiid
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,519
    1. James Harden
    2. James Harden again
    3. James Harden's Beard
    4. James Harden's Flops
    5. Mightybostone's anger for the previous answer.

    It's pretty much assured that James wins it. He's be nothing short of phenomenal and is currently leading the best team in the League. He's had two MVP worthy years not result in an MVP trophy due to to insane seasons by Curry and Westbrook. He's probably the best (offensive) player in the game, and his team is somehow competing with the stacked Warriors team for best in the conference/League

    Others:

    2. Anthony Davis
    3. Giannis
    4. Durant
    5. Curry
    6. Embiid
    8. Liliard
    9. Lebron
    10. Irving/Derozan
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

    Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.


    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

    But Tittays are forever.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    29,778
    Ten spots in an MVP race is a lot of spots to fill, but off the top of my head, it would look something like:

    1. Harden
    2. Davis
    3. Giannis
    4. Kyrie
    5. Lebron
    6. Durant
    7. Curry
    8. Lillard
    9. DeRozan
    10. Aldridge / Jokic / Embiid

    Edit: Forgot Embiid. After the top 7, it's too hard to really pick a definitive 8-10.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 03-04-2018 at 06:54 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,464
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Ten spots in an MVP race is a lot of spots to fill, but off the top of my head, it would look something like:

    1. Harden
    2. Davis
    3. Giannis
    4. Kyrie
    5. Lebron
    6. Durant
    7. Curry
    8. Lillard
    9. DeRozan
    10. Aldridge / Jokic
    This minus Jokic. Harris has been better this year.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    29,778
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    This minus Jokic. Harris has been better this year.
    I don't watch a ton of Nuggets games, and you being a Nuggets fan, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But pretty much any Denver game I've caught this year, I've felt like Jokic has had the greater impact, and statistically, he's been the far more impactful player. But I would not put Harris anywhere close to my top 10 MVP voting.

    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,374
    I see KD/Curry listed a couple of times. I can somewhat rationalize Curry but is KD reaaaally having an MVP caliber year?

    I have a hard time putting any of the GS guys in the MVP race with the obscene amount of talent they have on the team.

    Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,539
    Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    I see KD/Curry listed a couple of times. I can somewhat rationalize Curry but is KD reaaaally having an MVP caliber year?

    I have a hard time putting any of the GS guys in the MVP race with the obscene amount of talent they have on the team.

    Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    KD statistically is having a slightly better year than curry and he defends. Advanced stats probably give curry the nudge but durant actually played without curry for 13 games where curry has had the benefit of klay/durant/green almost everytime he plays.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,539
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    CP3 #1 in RPM makes sense, but Harden is the MVP, there is no debate there. KD over Curry lmfao. Bill Simmons fan I guess? He does like that KD grants him interviews so there is that, but no, rest assure he is not a better player or more important to the Dubs.

    Kyrie at #4 is silly/stupid. The rest is solid.
    NO CURRY NO PROBLEM... Hard to be MVP when your team doesnt miss a step without you.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    26,921
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Ten spots in an MVP race is a lot of spots to fill, but off the top of my head, it would look something like:

    1. Harden
    2. Davis
    3. Giannis
    4. Kyrie
    5. Lebron
    6. Durant
    7. Curry
    8. Lillard
    9. DeRozan
    10. Aldridge / Jokic / Embiid

    Edit: Forgot Embiid. After the top 7, it's too hard to really pick a definitive 8-10.
    CP3 #1 in RPM makes sense, but Harden is the MVP, there is no debate there. KD over Curry lmfao. Bill Simmons fan I guess? He does like that KD grants him interviews so there is that, but no, rest assure he is not a better player or more important to the Dubs.

    Kyrie at #4 is silly/stupid. The rest is solid.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    23,865
    J. Harden
    L. James
    A. Davis
    C. Paul
    K. Durant




    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 03-04-2018 at 09:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •