Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    I think this was meant to be 2019 NFC East thread and it really bothers me.

The funny thing is that it actually is the 2018 league year upcoming so I guess a correction was in order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Eagles aren't winning more than 9 games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Wanna bet?

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

I'm curious but why is this your expectation? Injuries? Expecting Michael bennett to go to jail? Expecting Carson wentz to not fully recover from his ACL tear? Expecting big dick nick foles to get aids, forcing him to retire, due to all of the sex he's gotten from being way too sexy and also being a superbowl mvp? All of the above?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

This ain't the bold prediction thread, pleighboy.

The return... 2018-19

They've got a potential QB controversy that could hurt them.

Quote Originally Posted by hpt View Post
    They've got a potential QB controversy that could hurt them.
    Not according to the QBs, the teammates, the head coach, the GM, the owner, the fans, the mascot...

Wentz plays when he's healthy. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Not according to the QBs, the teammates, the head coach, the GM, the owner, the fans, the mascot...

Even if Wentz does play when he's healthy, you've got one QB who was on track to be the MVP of the league, and another QB who has won the Super Bowl with the team. That kind of thing can tear a team apart.

Even if Wentz does play when he's healthy, you've got one QB who was on track to be the MVP of the league, and another QB who has won the Super Bowl with the team. That kind of thing can tear a team apart.
    I'm incredibly confident that won't be a problem.

Except both quarterbacks are extremely unselfish and are good friends on and off the field.. Carson wentz was on the sidelines and in every practice helping nick foles prepare for games. The whole team and especially foles gained a ton of respect for Wentz because he didn't need to do that, but he willingly did because he wanted foles and the team to succeed. Nick foles on the other hand, nearly retired and left millions and millions of dollars on the table years ago because he was very close to purchasing a church so that he could become a pastor.

I don't think there's going to be any quarterback controversies in Philadelphia, at least not amongst foles and wentz.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I'm curious but why is this your expectation? Injuries? Expecting Michael bennett to go to jail? Expecting Carson wentz to not fully recover from his ACL tear? Expecting big dick nick foles to get aids, forcing him to retire, due to all of the sex he's gotten from being way too sexy and also being a superbowl mvp? All of the above?

Losing his QB coach and OC will have an effect on him, as well as the knee. Will he be ready by the start of training camp? Serious question, how is his rehab going? Personally I’ve always thought Wentz is going to be great. This year will go along ways towards finding out if he will be. He has a lot to overcome. If he can though he’ll end up being one of the greats of all time. That’s my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Losing his QB coach and OC will have an effect on him, as well as the knee. Will he be ready by the start of training camp? Serious question, how is his rehab going? Personally I’ve always thought Wentz is going to be great. This year will go along ways towards finding out if he will be. He has a lot to overcome. If he can though he’ll end up being one of the greats of all time. That’s my opinion.
    Those are legit concerns. A QB controversy isn't.

Wentz's rehab appears to be going fine, but I personally am a little pessimistic about a quick return to his MVP performance. The higher the horse, the harder the fall.

But the team's talent level for the upcoming season is good enough that I'd be surprised if they finished 8-8 or worse. Last season we had already lost two key players long before Wentz tore his ACL. Apart from his rehab, the only issues I see with the team are the absence of Patrick Robinson, and the injury to Jernigan. All other aspects of the team should be equal or possibly even improved (Peters, Sproles, Hicks possibly playing a full season, plus eventual contributions from Jones and Goedert).

Taylor and Groh are good coaches, so I think they can replace DeFilippo and Reich respectively. It might become a problem in the future though, because in case of continued success on offense, I doubt Mike Groh will be in Philly for more than 2 seasons.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 05-09-2018 at 12:55 AM.

I also think Michael Bennett could absolutely destroy the team chemistry from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    His rehab is going fine. He's supposedly running already. I have 2 concerns, however.

My 1st concern is that he will rush his recovery so that he could be ready by week 1. He's been saying this whole time that he doesn't want to rush the recovery, but I'm not buying it, I think he's too competitive and will want to play week 1 no matter where he's at. I personally would like to see him sit the first 2-3 weeks if necessary, I wouldn't want some 350 pound defensive lineman hit him in the knees if he's not fully recovered yet.

My second concern is that even during this whole recovery period, he's been saying that he's not going to change his style of play, which is pretty dangerous because he literally seeks contact at times to gain more yards. I've wanted him to start sliding for safety ever since he was drafted, but he doesn't.. I was seriously surprised that he didn't get hurt his first year and the only surprise I had last year when he tore his ACL, was that he didn't get hurt sooner. I mean, he finally gets hurt in his 29th game playing like that, that's incredible tbh.. He's a big guy so he's probably able to take hits more than most quarterbacks but I still wish he'd change and slide more.

Here's a couple of examples:

https://youtu.be/v0epZ8mjh90
    He could have just gone out of bounds here. He didn't need to spin there, that got himself maybe half a yard extra but got completely layed out instead of just going out of bounds safely.

https://youtu.be/xUFRVDX7uIg
    He could have slid here, instead he wanted to lower his head and hit the linebacker, hopefully to push himself into the end zone. There's been several plays just like this one with Carson wentz lowering his head to try to truck past the would be tackler.

https://youtu.be/YajcnKHt4as
    This one is possibly my favorite highlight of his, but it's an incredibly dangerous play.. He could have broken his neck here the way he lowered his head like that and swung it around while the defense was running at him. Great play by him, absolutely great, but I'm focusing more on the fact that he takes dangerous risks quite a bit, and sometimes they are unnecessary.

Then of course, there's always the fact that he tore his ACL against the rams, stayed in the game for 4 more plays, and eventually threw a touchdown pass to alshon Jeffery. I definitely admire the mental toughness that he has, staying in the game no matter what and fighting for extra yards no matter what, but he should have gone out to be safe after his snapped his knee, he could have easily been injured even more. Hell, he also tore his LCL and who knows, that coulda happened while he stayed in the game because he was putting stress on that already torn ACL.

Again, I really do admire the fight he has in him, that he wants to fight for extra yards, stay in games when he's clearly injured, but instead of thinking about the next play he needs to think about his long term safety and his importance to the team long term.

Last edited by jaydubb; 05-09-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Your baby can't do this

Those are legit concerns. A QB controversy isn't.

Wentz's rehab appears to be going fine, but I personally am a little pessimistic about a quick return to his MVP performance. The higher the horse, the harder the fall.

But the team's talent level for the upcoming season is good enough that I'd be surprised if they finished 8-8 or worse. Last season we had already lost two key players long before Wentz tore his ACL. Apart from his rehab, the only issues I see with the team are the absence of Patrick Robinson, and the injury to Jernigan. All other aspects of the team should be equal or possibly even improved (Peters, Sproles, Hicks possibly playing a full season, plus eventual contributions from Jones and Goedert).

Taylor and Groh are good coaches, so I think they can replace DeFilippo and Reich respectively. It might become a problem in the future though, because in case of continued success on offense, I doubt Mike Groh will be in Philly for more than 2 seasons.
    Losing Robinson and Jernigan definitely hurt, but the eagles are gaining a healthy sidney Jones, haloti ngata, and Michael bennett (who will play occasional snaps at defensive tackle). So actually, I think those two positions are a wash. I really don't think they got worse anywhere on the roster except maybe at punter. Several positions improved simply by just being healthy like you said, with Jason peters, Darren sproles, Jordan hicks, carson wentz etc. We may or may not disagree on this, but I also think adding Dallas goedert will improve the team quite a bit as well. I actually think goedert could be an improvement over trey burton/Brent celek because he can block and has great hands. Those two tight end sets are going to be deadly.

Your baby can't do this

Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast