Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    They just couldn't overcome that bad start and the Raptors great start. And yeah, I guess Curry passed his 3 to Lowry during his latest injury.

Yeah, the start to that Toronto game was beyond brutal. I was proud of how they came back though, and Harden put up an MVP caliber performance in the fourth quarter minus that one bad turnover late. Paul had another bad night, though, and has been really inconsistent over the last 2-3 weeks. I'd like to see him show a little more confidence offensively.

Harden is questionable for tonight's game against Dallas, but even if he doesn't play, this ought to be a win. What's crazy is that this is their first game since before the All-Star break against a team that isn't in the playoff hunt. but I really hope they don't take this Dallas team lightly, because they have beaten some quality teams this year. Also, while the schedule does get easier the rest of the way, they'll get five straight games after this against playoff teams, so they can't afford to lose one to the lowly Mavs.

I do feel really good about the Rockets chances to keep the 1 seed moving forward, though, since Portland did the Rockets a huge favor by knocking off the Warriors on Friday. With Steph out again today against Minnesota, I'd love to see the Wolves take another one from Golden State. But I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

Capela has looked off the last three games, not aggressive at all

So glad they kept Black instead of another wing (Troy Williams). He played great.

Basically a three game lead with another Warriors loss.

Troy Williams actually had an 18-point game for the Knicks Friday night. But yeah, with Wright out, which is obviously not surprising, keeping Black has proven to be the right decision. He plays 110% every time he sees the floor.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

I'm not so sure that Thompson's injury seals the #1 for the Rockets. Their schedule down the stretch is pretty weak. The Rockets got about 6 games that they will have to play well in (NO x2, Por, SA, OKC, Min). They should fare well in all of those, but the Por/Min B2B is one to watch out for.

Quote Originally Posted by astrosfanatic View Post
    I'm not so sure that Thompson's injury seals the #1 for the Rockets. Their schedule down the stretch is pretty weak. The Rockets got about 6 games that they will have to play well in (NO x2, Por, SA, OKC, Min). They should fare well in all of those, but the Por/Min B2B is one to watch out for.
    Yeah, but with a 3-game lead, the Rockets would have to play some uncharacteristically mediocre basketball down the stretch for the Warriors to catch up. And Golden State is going to have to keep winning games undermanned.

It's not a lock yet, but it could be soon as long as Houston keeps playing like this and takes care of business.

Nail biter on the Ides of March. Had me sweating for a bit.

70 games, 56 wins. Unbelievable. Back-to-back wins against two Playoff teams on the road and the Rockets are quietly on a 5-game winning streak after that loss in Toronto. They are 22-1 in their last 23 games, 29-3 in their last 32. Only need three more wins to set a new franchise record for wins in a season. Already have the best road record ever.

They now have a full 3-game lead over the Warriors for the 1st seed, plus the tie-breaker, and 4 games ahead of the Raptors for HCA throughout the postseason. With all the injuries to Golden State's top players, it looks like the Rockets have the 1st place all but locked up.

There's no telling who the Rockets will face in the first round, though. Or the second round, for that matter. As of now, they would get the Wolves as the 8th seed, and they're 4-0 against them this season. That would be an ideal first round matchup, IMO.

The Rockets bench was much better last night, even with the Green ejection. They shot 7-10 from the 3PT line, and that was with Gordon going only 1-3. Good to see Ryno back and hitting threes.

And we need to talk about Joe Johnson. He's looked awful since joining the team. He's shooting only 38% from the field as a Rocket, and 8-27 from 3. And he's getting 22.5 minutes a game when he plays. And small sample size, obviously, but his advanced numbers are actually worse than they were with Utah. Meanwhile, Green keeps getting the best of his opportunities.

Yeah, that was another big win last night. But that's the second game in a row where they had a big lead and slowly let a good team climb back. I'd like to see them really keep their feet on the gas pedal in those games and win more comfortably so that starters can get more rest.

Harden was dominant, especially in the first half when he was just orchestrating the offense beautifully. And it was great to see Ryno back and drilling 3-pointers from 30 feet. Green also had a good game, and I was totally fine with his decision to push Dieng and get the ejection.

This game against Portland tomorrow night looms large as the Blazers have been insanely hot as of late. But the rest of the month, the schedule gets substantially easier. Considering how tough this month looked at the start, I'm beyond thrilled that they've managed to go 8-1. The No. 1 overall seed is almost a lock at this point. And after the Portland game, they get a 5-game homestand with four of those games coming against non-playoff teams.

I'm hoping this will give them a chance to rest guys who need it. I'd even be fine with Paul and/or Harden sitting out a few games down the stretch if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

The Rockets need to win only 9 of their remaining 12 games to secure the 1st overall seed, and that's considering both the Raptors and the Warriors go 12-0 to close out the regular season. With all the Warriors injuries, and tough games against the Spurs, Jazz (twice), Pacers, Pelicans, Thunder and Bucks, 6 or 7 wins should do it for Houston. The Raptors remaining schedule is no cakewalk, either.

I aslo expect a few nights off here and there for pretty much everyone, but D'Antoni has done a solid job balancing everyone's minutes. Harden has played only around 34-35 minutes a game with one DNP-Rest (officially a knee injury, but we all know it was a rest day) in the last 10 games. Paul is at 31.7 in the same 10 games, and only 30.6 in his last 5. Ariza around 33. Gordon only 27-28. Tucker 25-27. Nene played a total of 20 minutes in the last 5 games. And Ryno should obviously be fresh after being out for three weeks.

My only concern is Capela's sprained thumb. It was obviously bothering him during the weekend. He should probably get a few days off to heal.

Warriors lost tonight so there's another game.

Off-topic, but we have talked a lot about LeBron possibly considering the Rockets in FA, I thought this was worth a read, from Eric Pincus.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...verything-else

Pretty much what I've said all along, but probably better explained. LeBron opts in and then gets traded.

Man, I hate when role players go off against Houston. I'd ****ing rather see Lillard destroying the Rockets, despite obviously hating him, than Al Farouq Aminu.

Streak over. Amazing game. Houston and Portland is always fun. Harden just owns the Blazers. Another MVP performance. Passing up that open 3 to take (and hit) the step back 3 over Nurkic was unbelievable. And the next one from the corner guarded by two defenders? Insane. Cold-blooded.

Paul was also great. Best game in a couple of weeks. Although, it looked like he was holding his hamstring after that rebound late in the game. Anderson didn't play in the second half, after asking to get out in the second quarter.

PJ was huge down the stretch with a few great defensive plays and a key three. Luc also had his best game in quite some time. Joe Johnson looked awful again. And Green looked pretty good yet again.

8 of their next 9 games are at home. Feels like an opportunity to get a little rest.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast