Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    Bledsoe is a good defender. I think he rates 3rd in the league in steals. And Giannis picks his battles defending the rim. Overdoing that got him in trouble last night. Almost picked up his 5th mid 4th quarter which would have had to sit him down. But the rest of the guys get lost out there. Zeller was so ****ing frustrating last night when the Lakers went on that 20-3 run. He just kept getting lost in the shuffle and that Zobuto or whatever just kept having wide open jams over and over. I blame Prunty for allowing that run to continue. No timeouts called until they got within 5. They just kept running the same **** over and over.
    I actually prefer Zeller to Henson tbh. He is a better rebounder at both ends. Bucks offensive numbers with him in are off the charts, defensively meh but an improvement for them lol. It was actually the weak side that was costing Bucks, no rotation. Zeller has to help on pick and weakside should cut off Zubac but nope. Jabari and Terry let it happen all night.

Also Bledsoe is OK but he just constantly takes chances. Leaves his guy wide open and gambles. Gives up a lot of wide open looks. It isn't about effort with Giannis at least or Bledsoe most times they just lose their guy a ton lol. At least it appears those guys care....Jabari on the other hand...just plain outworked and zero effort.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I actually prefer Zeller to Henson tbh. He is a better rebounder at both ends. Bucks offensive numbers with him in are off the charts, defensively meh but an improvement for them lol. It was actually the weak side that was costing Bucks, no rotation. Zeller has to help on pick and weakside should cut off Zubac but nope. Jabari and Terry let it happen all night.

Also Bledsoe is OK but he just constantly takes chances. Leaves his guy wide open and gambles. Gives up a lot of wide open looks. It isn't about effort with Giannis at least or Bledsoe most times they just lose their guy a ton lol. At least it appears those guys care....Jabari on the other hand...just plain outworked and zero effort.
    It certainly depends with Zeller/Henson. If we are playing guys centers that spend so much time spreading it out on the perimeter, Zeller looks silly. Henson is of course the better offensive guy. So if the idea is that we need to outscore the opposition like last night, Henson is our guy. Zeller off the bench for sure. But in the playoffs we probably stick to Henson and Giannis truthfully. Maybe Thon if you think he can defend the outside shot for some minutes. But Zeller and Plumlee no thanks. Zeller and Plumlee put up good minutes against the 76ers or Miami or teams that have a big dude that just kick our *** regardless. Guys you need to body up on a consistent basis who Henson is losing to 100% of the time. Lopez is one of those guys who ya Henson probably loses out to most of the time but also makes that guy look silly on the other side. And outside Henson probably guards Lopez pretty well because he has athleticism.

Not sure Henson changes much of what happened in that 3rd quarter though. But one would certainly hope and think so. God was that awful.

In terms of Jabari. I really don't know what to think about him. I will say he entered this year into Pruntys hands. Not sure what to make of that. He has been slowly finding his offensive game. I understand the idea that he needs to go. But what if there is an untapped potential there? Are you going to be mad when he ends up with Lebron and runs to a title? I dunno. I feel like there is something there that can work, we just haven't broken it open yet.

In terms of Jabari. I really don't know what to think about him. I will say he entered this year into Pruntys hands. Not sure what to make of that. He has been slowly finding his offensive game. I understand the idea that he needs to go. But what if there is an untapped potential there? Are you going to be mad when he ends up with Lebron and runs to a title? I dunno. I feel like there is something there that can work, we just haven't broken it open yet.
    I agree with spreading the court thing yeah but Zeller isn't worse than Henson offensively. He is a better screener and can finish underneath. Has range outside 3 feet also.

To Parker what are we hoping for in him? A 20-plus point per night guy that is great offensively..OK but not sure what else he provides. For a guy his size, with his hops, he sucks on the boards. No defense. If he goes and rides LeBron or a superstar's coattails to a title averaging 15-18 points per game...not sure anyone would be upset seeing him win a title. Jabari;s a good dude. Giannis needs an all-around player that can do more from his supporting cast around him. This team needs a second superstar to pair with Giannis. Jabari is a nice player but don't ever see him becoming a top-20 guy in the NBA. I am not sure overall as a player he will ever be better than Middleton which we all agree he isn't a No. 2 guy in a contending team.
    Last edited by gopackgo87; 04-01-2018 at 11:35 AM.

But how else do you get a number 2? Itís all fine and dandy to say jabari isnít a perfect fit beside Giannis. But superstars donít become available often in the nba. And with us most likely being near or over the cap for the foreseeable future, especially if we want to keep at least one of Parker or Middleton, we donít really have many choices.

And sign and trades rarely net great talent back. If youíre doing a sign and trade, people know youíre probably getting rid of that guy and low ball you. Well get a good player back, but it wonít be a franchise changer and wonít open up enough cash for a franchise changer.

I get Parker may not be perfect, but itís hard for me to envision a scenario where we move on from Parker this offseason and actually significantly improve the team.

I think of both Thon and Zeller as PFs, so they need one more center. Not sure what to think of DJ.

It does not seem they want to play Muhammed.

The Bucks could really use the draft pick this year with the current win streak for Robert Williams.
    Not sure why McCoy is rated so low. Looks like Jontay Porter is moving up the boards. Plus some points will be available late in the first.

Hamidou, Moritz and Carr have fallen into the second in the concensus draft.
    KBD looks solid, but they don't really need a SF.

sign and trades rarely net great talent back. If youíre doing a sign and trade, people know youíre probably getting rid of that guy and low ball you. Well get a good player back, but it wonít be a franchise changer and wonít open up enough cash for a franchise changer.
    Jabari with 28 and 8 with 4 out of 5 for threes tonight versus Nuggets. Agree a sign and trade attempt could backfire. Looks like the Bucks gave up 3 points in the last few seconds and may lose anyways in OT.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownBuck View Post
    Jabari with 28 and 8 with 4 out of 5 for threes tonight versus Nuggets. Agree a sign and trade attempt could backfire. Looks like the Bucks gave up 3 points in the last few seconds and may lose anyways in OT.
    Bucks were up 16 with 6 minutes left. What a horrendous loss and the play where it should have been an easy rebound by Henson but he let a SF sneak in grab the rebound and dunk it putting up no resistance summed it up. He should be benched for a week. Just no reason for that pathetic lack of effort. Every loose rebound the Nuggets got. What a choke job that could cost them a 7 seed. This team needs an attitude adjustment. Jabari doesn't care defensively or on boards, but what a show he put on on offense, except when Bucks needed a bucket of course in the final 5 minutes.

the most frustrating and annoying game all season last night i swear. ugh. at least there is a new level of competition it seems the last couple games. maybe theyre feeling the pressure a bit which is kinda of good anways. gets them ready for the playoff atmosphere

Where Becoming a Legend Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

We need to survive Boston on Tuesday. Washington gets Rockets and Cavs back to back. But Heat get Hawks 2◊.

Ugh Hawks had the heat dead to rights and blew it. Good game by us last night. This team is trying harder down the stretch. Giannis is a man on a mission. Boston is exactly the team I want in round 1. We match up with them well and with no Irving or Hayward they will have a hard time getting the upper hand on us unless they come out with great shooting.

Boston was down to 4th string PG and still hung with Bucks all the way to the end in a must-win for Bucks. Yeah I would think Boston is best chance being so banged up. Bucks should play Zeller vs. guys like Moose etc. as much as possible. Henson sucks. Can't rebound at all. At least Zeller keeps ball alive on glass on offense, gets tip-ins and rebounds. Middleton was phenomenal for most part last night. That is exactly how Bledsoe needs to play also. When he is playing like that, aggressive he is a good player and Bucks at best. Giannis did Giannis things and Jabari contributed. Wow, though is he bad on defense in all aspects. No hustle back in transition or on boards, bad team and individual defender. Rook Tatum iso-ing on him and went by with ease. Also is it me or does he look athletic offensively and runs weird and looks like an oaf on defense?

Lastly, if Bucks can get 7 - hopefully not 6 to play Cleveland - how banged up are Kyrie and SMart long-term? Thought Kyrie would make it back? Rozier will be back. But team is pretty weak at G.

Stevens basically said Rozier and Larkin are their guys to start playoffs. If Bucks can steal a game or 2 in Boston off the bat it would be huge for them.

Definitely agree with Zeller on Moose. Really changed things last night when he was on the floor.

And ya, Parker does look slow on defense but on offense he looks every bit athletic as Giannis taking it to the hole.

Also dont discount how much Celtics wanted that one last night. They are still fighting for the 1 seed.

Also dont discount how much Celtics wanted that one last night. They are still fighting for the 1 seed.
    I am not discounting just stating they were undermanned downed to like No. 4 PG. Tatum, Brown and Horford still nice players. Any win is a good win at this point in the season. And on the Jabari thing, I find that odd..means he just doesn't care to be even average defensively. He can be a 25 point a night guy, which is still very valuable in the NBA....but just a little defense and his value would be much better. I definitely in the boat of have to match. But also would do a S&T as I don't see him as a 20 million per year guy.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast