Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolves @ Jazz!

Wolves @ Jazz!

We need this one!

Need Wiggins to get fouled out here - weíre not winning this game with him on the floor

Weíre not going to make the playoffs, are we?

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    Weíre not going to make the playoffs, are we?
    Looking at our schedule, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we missed the cut. Towns is great offensively but we don't even use him right. The rest of the roster is either wasted talent or not good enough. Thibs is an issue as well.

16 games to go. Need to go 7-9 to hit my prediction. I am not even sure we do that...

We were 29-16 at one point. 45 wins means we finish 16-21. I am starting to think it might get worse.

I'm just not a fan of so many things about this team. Wiggins is maddeningly inconsistent, Towns is a chronic complainer, Teague is a one trick pony and Thibs doesn't know how to run a rotation. Not to mention that they all are very sketchy on defense (I've seen that stance Thibs!) And Jimmy, as talented as he is, he just rubs me the wrong way. Tweeting about "why is Rubio getting up so quick" comes across more as insecurity to me than being "tough" or whatever he is going for. Just not a fan of the bully mentality personally.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...loss-utah-jazz

How is it that the Wolves don't play a game for nearly a week? Next one is March 8th against Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    I'm just not a fan of so many things about this team. Wiggins is maddeningly inconsistent, Towns is a chronic complainer, Teague is a one trick pony and Thibs doesn't know how to run a rotation. Not to mention that they all are very sketchy on defense (I've seen that stance Thibs!) And Jimmy, as talented as he is, he just rubs me the wrong way. Tweeting about "why is Rubio getting up so quick" comes across more as insecurity to me than being "tough" or whatever he is going for. Just not a fan of the bully mentality personally.

You and Jimmy just have different priorities and agendas. Itís a dog eat dog world in sports. I love Jimmys mentality as my teammate. Rubio is the enemy now. Even though it feels personal, itís just competition at the highest level.

All young teams are inconsistent. Itís growing pains. You donít go from missing the playoffs for 19 years to a fourth seed without a lot a crappy b-ball played in between. Massive improvement has been made. I expect another jump next season, and another jump after that. Want to see some 26 year olds do work, not some 21,22 year olds. That doesnít happen. Even AD spends most of his time missing the playoffs and he is a total bono ford stud.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 03-03-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    You and Jimmy just have different priorities and agendas. Itís a dog eat dog world in sports. I love Jimmys mentality as my teammate. Rubio is the enemy now. Even though it feels personal, itís just competition at the highest level.

All young teams are inconsistent. Itís growing pains. You donít go from missing the playoffs for 19 years to a fourth seed without a lot a crappy b-ball played in between. Massive improvement has been made. I expect another jump next season, and another jump after that. Want to see some 26 year olds do work, not some 21,22 year olds. That doesnít happen. Even AD spends most of his time missing the playoffs and he is a total bono ford stud.
    Pelicans fo has massively overpayed for players in the past that did not equate to victories. Same can be said about our team. We are currently overpaying players for production levels that have not yet been met. This means Teague and hell even Crawford. I know he can get hot in a hurry but I feel like he's been much more flat this season then in the past. His dribbling at times honestly seems way out of control. I don't doubt some of our core players will mature but will it be enough to put us over the top? I really don't want to fall to the 7th seed and have to face GS or the rockets. Any other team we can win(with butler) a best of 7 against.

I honestly think with the correct offensive system of either Utah or Portland this team would be light years ahead of the current pace. Fixed rotation with a bunch of spot up shooters would put this team firmly at a 3rd seed and might even give the rockets a run for their money. However, with thibs and our rotations and iso ball we may play down to our level of competition. The fact that we can't hit free throws or make a three pointer in the modern day NBA is just astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post

With you on this TD. The main problem is Thibs. Even if he were to leave, this team will be mess up like chicago.

Wolves @ Jazz!

That was such a weak ejection on towns lol

Thibs overall has been pretty disappointing and I think that's our real issue since he has complete control over roster.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    That was such a weak ejection on towns lol

Thibs overall has been pretty disappointing and I think that's our real issue since he has complete control over roster.
    Complaining in the NBA has gotten out of control. The league needs to re-establish authority imo and get back towards "respect for the game" rules. Right or wrong, it's the refs' job to make the calls and they are hearing it from somebody no matter what the call is.

Wolves @ Jazz!

The refs let that go all the time. The flagrant happens like multiple times in a game as guys go at it and in fact the refs were letting some of that exact stuff go at a later point in the game.

To give such an extremely weak flagrant in a game where you are letting tons go and it eventually gets out of control is bad. Add in a tech for calling for an and one pretty close after this horrible flagrant and we have a great example of how poor refs are at consistency. They let that game get out of control before the Teague incident and their inconsistency was obvious throughout but most glaringly in the calls on Kat compared to the chippiness let go throughout the game.

Sure players need to stop whining but if you are gonna call bs do it all game not at one specific point of a very poorly officiated game that you are letting plenty of other stuff go uncalled. Refs inconsistency is a major problem and IMO leads to stuff like more complaining. Watch a different game and you will see people yelling after plays all the time. Draymond green does worse than that like every single game I have watched lol it's not like this was a normal call and given the timing and rest of the game it's even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    The refs let that go all the time. The flagrant happens like multiple times in a game as guys go at it and in fact the refs were letting some of that exact stuff go at a later point in the game.

To give such an extremely weak flagrant in a game where you are letting tons go and it eventually gets out of control is bad. Add in a tech for calling for an and one pretty close after this horrible flagrant and we have a great example of how poor refs are at consistency. They let that game get out of control before the Teague incident and their inconsistency was obvious throughout but most glaringly in the calls on Kat compared to the chippiness let go throughout the game.

Sure players need to stop whining but if you are gonna call bs do it all game not at one specific point of a very poorly officiated game that you are letting plenty of other stuff go uncalled. Refs inconsistency is a major problem and IMO leads to stuff like more complaining. Watch a different game and you will see people yelling after plays all the time. Draymond green does worse than that like every single game I have watched lol it's not like this was a normal call and given the timing and rest of the game it's even worse.
    I didn't watch the game but rather just saw the highlights/recap so I can't comment on the particulars. My point just simply is that I don't have a problem with guys getting ejected when they are complaining as much as the do nowadays. The only way the complaining stops is if these players are actually faced with a real punishment.

Really my point is about the larger trend of star players being ejected and complaining to the media about referees not listening to them or whatever. Because the same guys who complain about not getting the whistle are the same guys that complain when refs "take over" a game calling all the fouls (which honestly happen on just about every play in the NBA).

No excuse for the Wolves though. Towns can't stop a guy like Gobert regardless.

Wolves @ Jazz!

Well I can agree players complain too much. The answer is not to randomly give a t when you don't for similar stuff 98% of the time especially given what had just happened with a horrible call that you also let go as even a common foul throughout the same game but this time was a flagrant somehow.

Again I agree that in general players complain too much but sometimes the refs are in the wrong and this game was a pretty obvious example IMO (look in the main, even other teams fans mentioned this). I am not saying they should never give a t to a player but if this is the route refs take with absurd inconsistency I actually side with the players tbh

questions for you T'Wolves fans

1) Before you hired Thibs, did you want to hire him?
    2) Before you hired Thibs, did you want to hire him not just as your head coach but also as the GM?
    3) How do you feel about Thibs currently?
    4) Does your current outlook on Thibs make you think, as an outsider, that the Bulls were right to part ways with him? (Disregarding the manner that they did, which was weird and probably disrespectful, but that's no the point I'm getting at)

wasn't sure if i should make this its own thread as a non-Wolves fan (didn't want anyone to think I was baiting)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast