Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    haha, funny you mention beatles, literally just yesterday I came across this album Abby Road. I never listened to the beatles before, I was like holy ****, they're legit dope! Discovered that yesterday along with another album, Aerosmith Just Push Play, both cool.

Nice way to pass a 2.5 hr drive. Plus the sound system in my ride is filthyyyy . Cost as much as the car, no bs, lmao
    That sounds like an enjoyable discovery. I been digging Abbey Road for a few decades now.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Did you guys have strawberries out there ?

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
    I don't know what you mean by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    no way. That being said, Tool is my favorite band of all time, I am very biased to them. But I think their talent level alone blows Pantera out of the water. They are exponentially better, imo.

But, as I have stated, entertainment is subjective. Nobody is right or wrong. But I am right.
    In terms of technical skills, I'd put Dimebag over Adam Jones but yeah, the rest of the Tool guys are likely more talented than their Pantera counterparts.

Equal as far as how I like them. In no way, shape or form do I have any business analyzing technical skills of musicians.

haha, funny you mention beatles, literally just yesterday I came across this album Abby Road. I never listened to the beatles before, I was like holy ****, they're legit dope! Discovered that yesterday along with another album, Aerosmith Just Push Play, both cool.

Nice way to pass a 2.5 hr drive. Plus the sound system in my ride is filthyyyy . Cost as much as the car, no bs, lmao
    So you rollin in a 91 CRX, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    So you rollin in a 91 CRX, eh?
    '01 Audi s4. Cost me 10 racks. Looks like 50, all you gotta do is keep it clean and keep a nice coat of wax

My system ain't no joke, custom fabricated top to bottom by a shop which is arguably the best car installer in the world. Simplicity in Sound, Milpitas CA

'01 Audi s4. Cost me 10 racks. Looks like 50, all you gotta do is keep it clean and keep a nice coat of wax

My system ain't no joke, custom fabricated top to bottom by a shop which is arguably the best car installer in the world. Simplicity in Sound, Milpitas CA
    Good stuff man, I was just playin about the CRX

Do you think teenagers still buy albums? I can't imagine it. must just stream on Spotify or buy the single on itunes

Yes but much rarer.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Good stuff man, I was just playin about the CRX
    Haha, all gravy, I just run with any opportunity to talk about anything audio

My car IS cheap, that's my secret tho

Early or late, it's always great when the Beatles suddenly click for someone.

My parents played them all the time, my older brother did too. I listened to them a bit as a teenager and just kinda accepted them as great. It wasn't until my late 20s that I really focused on the composition, relative to the times, of The White Album, Abby Road, Sgt Peppers and Magical Mystery Tour and I kinda finally fell in love with them.

As for Aerosmith, if you think that album is good, I highly suggest checking out Permanent Vacation and/or Pump.

Quote Originally Posted by rayden View Post
    Do you think teenagers still buy albums? I can't imagine it. must just stream on Spotify or buy the single on itunes
    I don't buy them anymore, so I can't imagine kids do.

I was talking about that with my wife and it kinda bummed me out. I realized our son is never going to have the experience of going to a record store. The whole, waiting for a release date from your favorite band, walking or finding a way to the store on that day, hoping there are enough copies that you get one. Sampling albums at the store. Scrolling through rows and rows. Discovering and buying a random band's album just because you stumbled across some cool album cover art in the store.

We used to spend entire days in Tower Records and used album stores.

Maestro Fresh Wes - The Symphony in Effect

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I don't buy them anymore, so I can't imagine kids do.

I was talking about that with my wife and it kinda bummed me out. I realized our son is never going to have the experience of going to a record store. The whole, waiting for a release date from your favorite band, walking or finding a way to the store on that day, hoping there are enough copies that you get one. Sampling albums at the store. Scrolling through rows and rows. Discovering and buying a random band's album just because you stumbled across some cool album cover art in the store.

We used to spend entire days in Tower Records and used album stores.
    you should feel guilty for creating life

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Teens will remember the first song they ever bought from iTunes...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast