Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

5 Sports Documentaries you should consider watching

Feeling bored and you can't find any good shows or movies on? These are my top 5 Sports documentaries that are brilliant and that I recommend watching. I'll avoid the obvious Hoop Dreams and OJ as you should also watch those too (but I'm sure most of you already have).

1. Senna (2010)

- This is about the life of legendary Formula 1 Driver Ayrton Senna. I knew very little about F1, and it was something I had no interest going in, but this film was absolutely enthralling from the first minute to the last. It helps that Senna had a such an interesting life and you get to see how much meant to people of Brazil. It's mainly made up of archival footage with some talking heads here and there. Asif Kapadia (Director of Amy) was able to wire audiences directly into the racing driver's private and public moments and his bitter rivalry with Alain Prost (another legendary driver). The rivalry was one of the best parts of the film. If you can find the director's cut, it's even better! It got to me a lot more interested in watching F1.

2. Hillsborough (2014)

- Directed by Daniel Gordon, it's about he tragedy of Hillsborough stadium in 1989 and the impact it had on the families and community. Really tragic and haunting.

3. Fantastic Lies (2016)

- This is about the Duke Lacrosse rape case back in 2007. It is probably better if you don't know anything about it going in, like what the outcome was. But even if you do know, it's still fantastic and definitely recommended. It'll have your blood boiling with anger at how evil some people of them could be and to the lengths they would go.

4. Undefeated (2011)

- This film won the Oscar in 2011 I believe. It's about a High school Football coach in Memphis who turns around a really bad and losing program into a good one. It helps the football coach is very charismatic and easy to like. Each of the players profiled and unique and interesting characters as well. If you're a football fan, watch it.

5.) The Two Escobars(2010)

- First ESPN 30 for 30 film I've ever watched and one of the best. It's about the lives of Andres Escobar (Soccer player) and Pablo Escobar (Drug King Pin) and how their completely different lives managed to intertwine and the tragedy that followed.

I have Hoop Dreams and Senna ahead of everything else by a lot.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

yep, Senna is a must see

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Thanks for this. Gonna check a couple out for sure.

Miracle on Ice

Not the Disney movie. This is a real documentary about the 76 Olympic menís hockey team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

US won the gold in 1980 Olympics in Lake Placid.

ICARUS is a great documentary about the doping scandal in Russia. I believe it won an academy award.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    US won the gold in 1980 Olympics in Lake Placid.

ICARUS is a great documentary about the doping scandal in Russia. I believe it won an academy award.
    Really enjoyed that one. The direction it went was totally unexpected to me.