Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Right, and to my point: Hoffman isn't on the level of Johansen or Drouin, either. He's nowhere close. It's not even a conversation. Hoffman is a 28 year old winger (29 early next season) who's never hit 30 goals in a season and who is approaching the end of his prime -- not a 23 year old 1C coming off 134 points in 2 years with massive talent and massive upside.

It's a benchmark valuation --

If Jones = Johansen,
    AND IF Sanheim + X = Jones
    AND IF Hoffman + Y = Hoffman
    AND IF X = Y (I don't agree with this -- I think Y>X)
    THEN Sanheim = Hoffman

Make sense?

And I don't know if I'd do Morin + 1st + Weal for Hoffman. That's a lot to give up for a soon-to-be 29 year old winger. That's more than STL gave up for Schenn, who was younger, better and cost-controlled for longer.
    I think youíre underestimating how good Hoffman really is. Iím not putting him on the same plane as those guys, but youíre talking about Hoffman like heís nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    not asking for your source, but what exactly was said about Allison?
    Flyers are very high on him and he could be someone that pushes for a spot in camp next season.

He was in the hobey baker award chase until he got hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    I think youíre underestimating how good Hoffman really is. Iím not putting him on the same plane as those guys, but youíre talking about Hoffman like heís nothing special.
    I'm not... but I'm also looking at the entire picture, which I don't think you are doing.

Hoffman is (for all intents and purposes) as good today as he will ever be. He's in his prime (you could argue on the back side of it). There is no untapped upside there. And odds are, he's going to decline sooner rather than later.

Remember when we had this discussion about Simmonds, and you correctly pointed out that his next contract will be a massive overpayment based on past performance, not expected future value? Well, the same situation is happening right here. You are overpaying for an asset based on past performance.

I am not interested in doing that. If it's Morin, Weal & a pick, then maybe. But I'm not going to value Mike Hoffman anywhere close to RJ or Drouin. And that trade does exactly that.

Dorion is going to be fired in a year when he loses Karlsson for nothing. I'm not throwing him a life jacket.

Wow Weise is out it's a miracle.

So a garbage call by O'Halloran there. Way to give a goal away...

Hagg! Got to keep shooting. He has some tazers in him haha

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Hagg! Got to keep shooting. He has some tazers in him haha
    These flashes from Hagg are starting to excite me

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    These flashes from Hagg are starting to excite me
    He's always been a smooth player with two-way ability. I've honestly been more surprised by his consistent physicality than by his offensive flashes this season...

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Is Provorov playing, I'm at work and it shows him scratched.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Yup he's playing...solid so far too.

So, seeing this team without Simmonds makes me okay with trading him in the offseason if we can get a good return on him. I would like a couple firsts and a decent player/prospect please lol

Nolan Patrick has been the #1 pick over the last 20 games. He is getting stronger. Hischier is very good, but I love what I see in Patrick and the speed is back.

Lindblom plays with a swagger I love too. He is a keeper and top 9 wing. We have some real nice young players. I canít wait to see Frost, Rubtsov, Sanheim, and Myers ...

Itís almost like we are better when Dale Weise doesnít play or something ...

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast