Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Wilkerson cut-Forte Retires

That's a 14 million savings.
    Cap is at 91 million under.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

Update: Jets now have informed DL Mo Wilkerson of his release, per source.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Hoo-Ray

Has Wilkerson signed with the Pats yet?

Has there been a Jet player that has fallen out of favor with the fans so fast besides Mo? Not counting Revis with his holdouts. He wanted the big contract and got it then didn't care about the organization anymore.

Am glad. They paid him handsomely only for him to regress significantly the last 2 years. Just another case of a guy who once he got paid wasn't nearly as motivated.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    We knew it was coming

Sheldon time?

The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

Hilarious for me personally. My last two Jet jerseys were Forte and Wilkerson. They both leave on the same day! (Forte is my last name so it was bought as a gift).

Not likely to wear my Wilkerson anytime within the next 20 years. Would rather wear Sanchez when looking on how it ended. A shame.

Damn shame Wilkerson ended up like this. He was a great guy and Jet prior to that huge deal. Thought he may go down as a lifer.

On to the next.

FROM COUNTRY ROADS TO THE BIG APPLE .. FLIGHT GENO , READY FOR DEPARTURE

Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    Hilarious for me personally. My last two Jet jerseys were Forte and Wilkerson. They both leave on the same day! (Forte is my last name so it was bought as a gift).

Not likely to wear my Wilkerson anytime within the next 20 years. Would rather wear Sanchez when looking on how it ended. A shame.
    You should stop buying jerseys, all those names didn't work out

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    You should stop buying jerseys, all those names didn't work out
    What Jet has Haha? You're basically left with Martin or Namath. Do they make Mangold jerseys?

I'm not buying a jersey for a while, that's for sure. It goes way deeper than that also. My brother's first jersey was Vilma one right before we switched to a 3-4 defense and he was sent packing. No need to even talk about the Sanchez jersey or my Braylon Edwards.

I'm not buying a jersey for a while, that's for sure. It goes way deeper than that also. My brother's first jersey was Vilma one right before we switched to a 3-4 defense and he was sent packing. No need to even talk about the Sanchez jersey or my Braylon Edwards.
    Adams is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Adams is safe.
    Not necessarily disagreeing with you but people said the same thing about Calvin Pryor after year 2.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you but people said the same thing about Calvin Pryor after year 2.
    Adams is a much smarter person and player. No one ever said that pryor was a leader. They've been saying that about Adams from day 1. I loved Pryor and how he hit. He couldn't play the pass and he was undisciplined as hell. Adams can defend the pass and has very good discipline/instincts.