Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Ways to trigger the Bears forum: say the front office badly bungled something or make Kevin White injury jokes

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'm surprised they did this because not many teams use this tag, but it at least gives them some protection if he signs a big offer sheet and they'd like to match or pursue someone else.
    I think more teams in similar situations as the Bears found themselves in with Fuller, should start using the transitional tag vice using the Franchise Tag or just letting their player stroll into the open market with no protections.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!

*PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Another example of commenting a year after the fact. Id like to see this guys comment at the time the bears decided to not offer the option???? It would have cost them $8.5 million to give him that option, and he was no where worth that in April of last year. Kevin White will also get his option declined
    yep.

hindsight is 20/20

The real Pride of the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Ways to trigger the Bears forum: say the front office badly bungled something or make Kevin White injury jokes
    I don't think anyone is triggered...Just pointing out that calling the Fuller situation badly bungled is dumb and incorrect.

Do you think at the time picking up the option on a guy like Fuller (a dude who was injured the entire year and had members of the coaching staff calling out his desire to play) would have been a good idea? Do you honestly believe that?

The real Pride of the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Say something bad about Cutler, you'll really get it then
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    I was thinking about this just yesterday. For all the **** jay got. Still far and away the best QB this team has ever had. Which is more sad than anything

You mean Smoking Jay Bungler?

On a serious note, I wanted to post something on the lines of "Thought you said he wasn't going to be tagged?" on La Canfora's twitter field. Sadly hes already blocked me.

2018 FA/Trades/Cuts/General FO Office Discussion Vol V

Free agency needs to start

From blams maybe. I think most everyone else is over Cutler by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Free agency needs to start
    No kidding. I'm tired of thinking about TBH and we'll get a clearer picture of our draft plans once it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    "The Bears badly bungled the overall situation by not exercising Fuller's fifth-year team option last spring"

That is just not true...I don't blame the Bears at all for not extending Fuller or picking up his option prior to this year...He had done nothing to prove to you he was worth it.

Saying that though, this is the smart move. I love the fact the Bears can match any offer, it is a huge overpay, just let him walk, if its not, you can keep him, great situation.
    I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure if they pick up his option originally and he sucked, they could had just cut him before the March 14 start of year and all of that 5th year salary would be off the books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No kidding. I'm tired of thinking about TBH and we'll get a clearer picture of our draft plans once it's over.
    I love me some cutty, but I've always been pretty honest that he was average to above average. I just don't play the 'not a winner' or 'he's a cancer 'game that some like to follow the national (not Chicago's accurate narrative on how he was as a teammate and leader) narrative on.

Gunslingers turn me on, great or not lol!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Over him sure, unwilling to dispute claims that he was worse or just different than what he was, not so much. Albeit, and I cannot stress this enough, I am certainly exhausted of those conversations and would prefer not enter back into them.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs