Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Fuller got tagged
    Transitional. Good stuff.

Roto:

Bears assigned the transition tag to CB Kyle Fuller.

The tag is worth $12.971 million, providing $2 million in savings from the franchise tag. It's not exclusive, but gives the Bears the right of first refusal should Fuller sign an offer sheet elsewhere. With plenty of cap space, the Bears will almost certainly be matching any offer Fuller gets. If they ended up passing, they would receive zero compensation if Fuller walked. The Bears badly bungled the overall situation by not exercising Fuller's fifth-year team option last spring.

Transitional tag was the way to go.
    Badly bungled? Remember he didn't play at all in 2016 and there were lots of questions about that.
    He earned not getting his 5th year exercised, and the Bears corrected that with this move.

Kevin White won't or didn't get his 5th year option picked up, if he kills it this year will that be bungling too or just making the best decision based upon the facts?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Fuller got tagged

Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!

*PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

Anyone wondering, the Transitional Tag price is the average of the Top 10 CB contracts vice average of the Top 5 CB contracts for the Franchise Tag.

If/when Fuller finds a deal to agree to with another team, the Bears will have 7 days to formally announce if they want to match the offer or let Fuller walk.
    Last edited by Timmmahhh; 03-06-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Transition Tag on Fuller is fantastic. Stoked to see him in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Roto:
    "The Bears badly bungled the overall situation by not exercising Fuller's fifth-year team option last spring"

That is just not true...I don't blame the Bears at all for not extending Fuller or picking up his option prior to this year...He had done nothing to prove to you he was worth it.

Saying that though, this is the smart move. I love the fact the Bears can match any offer, it is a huge overpay, just let him walk, if its not, you can keep him, great situation.
    Last edited by Cubs420; 03-06-2018 at 04:01 PM.

The real Pride of the Midwest

Love it. Bears get him back on a reasonable deal or another team will get perhaps an overpaid player. Win/win for the Bears. Good move. And I agree, rotoworld is wrong when they said the Bears "bungled" this scenario. When I hear bungled, I have flashbacks to the Warrick Holdman situation. And this situation with Fuller is nowhere near that.
    Screw sabermetics.

Badly bungled? Remember he didn't play at all in 2016 and there were lots of questions about that.
    He earned not getting his 5th year exercised, and the Bears corrected that with this move.

Kevin White won't or didn't get his 5th year option picked up, if he kills it this year will that be bungling too or just making the best decision based upon the facts?
    lol exactly...It wasn't badly bungled at all, at the time it was smart business. Just because Fuller had a great year after basically doing nothing since his rookie year doesn't mean the Bears made the wrong decision...

The real Pride of the Midwest

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Not going to lie. I would feep much better about getting Landry for sure than the hope that we can outbid and outsell ourselves for watkins or Robinson. When there will likely be 8-10 teams trying for both of them.

Not to mention to me landry is a much safer bet. Essentially being a 1000 yard receiver for 4 strait years.

Meanwhile Watkins has major injury history. And really under performed while with the rams.

And Allen robinson is coming off a major injury.

Why not take the sure thing for a 3rd or 4th. Then hope on a less sure thing we may not even get.

When I think of the word "BUNGLED" I think of.... Wait.... Wait....

I said I wouldn't make another Kevin White joke for a few months.
    Last edited by Timmmahhh; 03-06-2018 at 04:08 PM.

I can see why some thought it was a mistake. I think it would have cost the team 8 million for 18 had they exercised the option. It did cost them some money going the route they took. I can understand why the Bears did what they did, but I can understand why some would call it a mistake.

Another example of commenting a year after the fact. Id like to see this guys comment at the time the bears decided to not offer the option???? It would have cost them $8.5 million to give him that option, and he was no where worth that in April of last year. Kevin White will also get his option declined

Badly bungled is a stupid comment. He was in danger of being cut or traded for nothing before preseason.

I'm surprised they did this because not many teams use this tag, but it at least gives them some protection if he signs a big offer sheet and they'd like to match or pursue someone else.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'd say it would have been badly bungled to #1 exercise his option this time last year and #2 not to transition tag him now. It's just sensationalism, another so-called expert.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting