Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 16 of 217 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 3253
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    13,423
    Can somebody tell me what’s the difference between a transitional tag and a franchise tag?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,907
    Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post
    Can somebody tell me what’s the difference between a transitional tag and a franchise tag?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Transitional tag you get to match any offer he accepts from another team. Franchise tag top 5. 1 year contract and you get a first round pick from the team that decided to sign him.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    42,866

    2018 FA/Trades/Cuts/General FO Office Discussion Vol V

    I guess the reports of fuller and bears having a good relationship might be true . Let him test the market and then bears can match or give a lil
    More than what that team is offering if he truly wants to be here. Fuller franchise tag is like almost 16 million so I think there’s a good chance we can get him at 11-14

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    63,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    Brought it up before, but I'm fully on board with the transitional tag being placed on Fuller.

    I'd love me some Trumaine Johnson too.
    Teams rarely use the transition tag because it takes away bargaining power and you get nothing if they leave. You can spend an extra ~ $2M or so and just Franchise them.

    I don't think Fuller's market value will be that far off from the tag anyway, probably in the $12-13M range.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    22,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    If you were responding to Kyben, why'd you quote me (Post 187)?

    "Weird" that I responded to that?

    Anyways... Last Kevin White joke (for a few months at least);

    What does Kevin White do after he goes for 10+ receptions, over a hundred yards receiving and 2 TDs?

    He turns off his XBox.
    What do you do after you finish telling a joke?

    You log off twitter.

    2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,882
    At this point, the market for Landry is low, and the Dolphins have to move him after that last signing. Once he signs that tagm they're on the clock. He's the most reliable free agent receiver for a team that needs stability and consistency just as much as big playmakers and we have the money. Could probably offer the Dolphins a future 6th rd pick and they'd take it at this point.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    63,752
    I hope we're not the team that bails the Dolphins out here. They've completely mismanaged the situation. They would have gotten more in a comp pick for Landry had they just let him walk.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    24,579
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Teams rarely use the transition tag because it takes away bargaining power and you get nothing if they leave. You can spend an extra ~ $2M or so and just Franchise them.

    I don't think Fuller's market value will be that far off from the tag anyway, probably in the $12-13M range.
    I guess I don't understand protecting yourself (Bears/Pace in this case) and letting Fuller going to set his market with the opportunity to match vice letting him be available when FA opens?

    From Biggs' piece he states Fuller wants to stay with Bears, Bears want Fuller to stay in Chicago, but Fuller wants to wait until after March 14th to sign a deal.
    Last edited by Timmmahhh; 03-05-2018 at 12:13 PM.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!






    *PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    24,579
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    What do you do after you finish telling a joke?

    You log off twitter.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!






    *PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    63,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    I guess I don't understand protecting yourself (Bears/Pace in this case) and letting Fuller going to set his market with the opportunity to match vice letting him be available when FA opens?

    From Biggs' piece he states Fuller wants to stay with Bears, Bears want Fuller to stay in Chicago, but Fuller wants to wait until after March 14th to sign a deal.
    The way I'm interpreting Biggs here is that they're letting him test the market and will attempt to match if they think it's the right deal. Seems like the Bears have a number in mind and probably won't go past it.

    I think he's gone, personally. It's dangerous to let him enter FA where he's probably a top 3 option at a position that gets wildly overpaid every year. I hope he's back, but I'm not very optimistic...it only takes one team to blow him away with an offer.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    24,579
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    The way I'm interpreting Biggs here is that they're letting him test the market and will attempt to match if they think it's the right deal. Seems like the Bears have a number in mind and probably won't go past it.

    I think he's gone, personally. It's dangerous to let him enter FA where he's probably a top 3 option at a position that gets wildly overpaid every year. I hope he's back, but I'm not very optimistic...it only takes one team to blow him away with an offer.
    That's why I don't understand why Pace isn't using the Transitional Tag. He gets a contract offer/number the Bears like, they match and get to retain. He gets a contract offer/number the Bears don't like, they let him walk.

    Nothing says he has to sign with Bears if they match without the use of the transitional tag. Seems really odd to me.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!






    *PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    63,752
    I'm probably just impatient, but I want to hear some rumors about FA. It starts a week from today and we heard all about Glennon and Gilmore this time last year. All we've really heard so far is Albert Wilson and stuff like "the Bears will target 2 receivers."

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    24,579
    What would be your order of preference in the following scenarios (using Sportrac Market Value for contracts);

    1. Sign Allen Robinson (5yr-68M...13.6M AAV)
    2. Bears Trade 8th Overall Pick for Dolphins 11th Overall Pick & Jarvis Landry. Landry Extension (5yr-69M...13.8M AAV)
    3. Bears Trade 2018 #8 and #145 for Dolphins #11, #73 & Jarvis Landry. Landry Extension (5yr-69M...13.8M AAV)

    Interested in seeing how everyone ranks these in order of preference.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!






    *PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    8,382
    1. Sign Allen Robinson (5yr-68M...13.6M AAV)

    I think Wilson is coming to be the slot receiver, so Landry may not be in the cards.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

    1981 Sting

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    63,752
    I'd sign Robinson. Little to no interest in the other two scenarios.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •