Simply a false narrative.

Coaches
    Fox - fired with one year left
    Trestman - fired with 2 years left
    Lovie - fired with with one year left

GMs
    Emery - fired with 2 years left
    Angelo - fired with 2 years left

I mean, at least try and make a factual argument.
    why, you just did it for me
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    there is zero doubt in my mind that barring a major string of injuries or simply Nagy just being awful (can he really be worse than Fox though???) the bears will be a better team than last year. How much better. I am not sure, But I think i saw somebody mention 7 wins (2 over last year) as a bear minimum for our team. If this team is not 2 wins better than last with a more seasoned QB. Actual offense. and Play makers. along with improved Defense i would be extremely disappointed.

That said on the point of Pace and whether he is on the hot seat. to me his fate is tied with Nagy. If Nagy Fails as a coach it means Mitch fails as a QB. It means Pace looks like a fool and to me that is where we pull the plug. Do i think it will be a failure, from what i have seen no. But if Pace does not have his QB and Head coach right now there is major issue with this team. and to me its likely that in 2 years pace would be gone. If two years goes by and Mitch does not look good we just have major issues to resolve still.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

7 wins is the bare minimum with no excuses attached. That goes for injuries or whatever. The Bears should win at minimum 7 games no matter what. The one exception could be Mitch getting injured.

I would set their floor at 7 wins and their ceiling is honestly pretty high if everything comes together. Id say around 12 wins. My prediction right now is that they go 9-7, morale and excitement will be sky high, Pace murks another draft, and the Bears make a deep playoff push and maybe more in year 2 of the Nagy era.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    why, you just did it for me
    Touch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This team will be as good, mediocre or great as Mitchell Trubisky is. If hes good, well be good. If hes average, well be average. If hes anywhere near Wentz, Goff good. We can actually make the playoffs this year. I have no doubt that if hes close to those two QBs Wentz in particular that we make the playoffs. This is a QB driven league. Theres a few QBs in the league that if you place them on the bears. We would be a legit playoff contender. I would go as far to say wed be super bowl contenders with anyone of these QBs on of Rogers, Brady, Brees, Luck, Wentz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short-sighted to think that if Trubisky fails, Pace should be fired. This team is visibly much more talented and younger than it was when he got here, and picking the best QB is luck as much as anything, rarely do you know draft night which QB will succeed. The injury bug murdered us last year, if we catch that or Trubisky is not ready yet, in his first full year starting, it takes more than 2 years to completely overhaul a team, especially bringing in a new first time head coach. This team very much appears to be going in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Short-sighted to think that if Trubisky fails, Pace should be fired. This team is visibly much more talented and younger than it was when he got here, and picking the best QB is luck as much as anything, rarely do you know draft night which QB will succeed. The injury bug murdered us last year, if we catch that or Trubisky is not ready yet, in his first full year starting, it takes more than 2 years to completely overhaul a team, especially bringing in a new first time head coach. This team very much appears to be going in the right direction.
    Im sorry but as much of a pace fan as i am at some point your pounding on the table for the sake of it. If two years away mitch has failed. It means alot of things (barring carear threatening injury) 1) Nagy did not help on offense and sucks as a head coach. He was suposes to come in and fix the offense. And if he does not have a QB then i dont know how fixed this offense can be. 2) it means that pace has struck out on 2 of 4 first round picks. (Maybe more pending future drafts and this one) kevin White without mitch can only be so good. And even then i doubt he can be. And mitch is the guy you put alot of faith in when you decided to move on from jay 3) it means that in two years we will have had 5 under .500 seasons with pace as GM. Im sorry but if mitch flops how good can this team be. QBs are too important.

As some point (2 year for me) u have to open your eyes and see whats wrong. And it all falls on Pace now. Paces QB. Paces HC. Paces roster moves. Look its going on 4 drafts and tons of FA attempts. We have had time to build the whole team from scratch. And if in two years with another FA and draft we still suck. Its time to try something new.

Also just from a standpoint of this team being visibly better. It really doesnt matter if at the end of the day you cant win on the field does it. Mitch is vital to this teams success or failure and if this team has been a failure in 2 more years I have seen enough. I think 6 failed seasons in a row (5 under pace) is enough to realize something has to change.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 05-03-2018 at 03:41 AM.

Neither Dante Fowler or Shane Ray had their 5th year options picked up. Neither have been very good in terms of effeciency (shane ray ranked 97th end and Fowler 93rd) but both would be nice for added depth and competition. I feel like Fowler is a pipe dream but maybe Ray can be had after chubb draft. I would not want to give up much but at the same time we need depth/tallent

Do they need a TE?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'd rather wait and see if anyone worthwhile is released before the season. I don't want to give up draft picks for guys in their walk year.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I agree the fates of Pace/Nagy/Mitch are tied together to an extent. That said, I do think there is some leeway there if Mitch is just say, average. If Mitch ultimately ends up being a Bortlets, Locker, Gabbert, etc. then yeah it is tough justifying keeping Pace. If he's an Alex Smith, Carr, Cousins level player, that's probably not what you wanted but I don't think you fire Pace because of it (obviously if other things go wrong then sure).

I think reasonable expectations for next year are playing meaningful games in December. I'm not sure what that equates to in wins, but this team should at least be a fringe playoff team. Then the year after they better be a contender.

Olubunmi Rotimi - DL - Monarchs
    Bears signed Old Dominion DE Olubunmi Rotimi.
    Rotimi (63/273) was a three-year starter at ODU, manning defensive tackle his first two seasons before shifting to end as a junior and senior. He logged 26.5 career tackles for loss and 19 sacks, earning honorable mention All-Conference USA in 2017. Unfortunately, Rotimi tested as a lowly seventh-percentile athlete at his Pro Day, running a painful 5.05 forty. Rotimi is a long shot to become more than a rotational end-tackle tweener.
    Another dude with a mouthful name.

roto

Bears signed LSU CB Kevin Toliver.

Toliver (62/192) turned pro after spending three years in Baton Rouge as a part-time starter, all told spreading four tackles for loss, 16 pass breakups, and two interceptions across 31 games (18 starts). A disappointment as a former five-star recruit, Toliver never met expectations at LSU due to knee and shoulder injuries and a reported lack of maturity. Toliver is a talented project with elite size, but his history of underachievement is a significant red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I think 6 failed seasons in a row (5 under pace) is enough to realize something has to change.
    The Bears have had 7 failed seasons in a row - depending on what you call failure. Last play-off appearance was after 2010.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting