Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,796

    Tomas Plekanec to Toronto Maple Leafs for 2nd Rounder 2018 and More

    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...c-maple-leafs/

    Thoughts?

    The Montreal Canadiens have traded centre Tomas Plekanec and forward Kyle Baun to the Toronto Maple Leafs for defenceman Rinat Valiev, forward Kerby Rychel and a 2018 second-round draft pick.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    26,192
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    When is the last time the Leafs and Habs made a trade?

    Nice trade.
    Mikhail Grabovski.

    He's either going to fit in really well under the radar or used as a scapegoat. For a 4C I think you're better with a Glendening in terms of pure grit, hustle and shutdown ability.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,373
    When is the last time the Leafs and Habs made a trade?

    Nice trade.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    8,600
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Mikhail Grabovski.

    He's either going to fit in really well under the radar or used as a scapegoat. For a 4C I think you're better with a Glendening in terms of pure grit, hustle and shutdown ability.
    I would like Glendening if we actually used him in that 4th line role, but Babcocks usage of him scared the crap out of me. He'll probably use Plekanec the same way but at least it's only a 1 year commitment from us.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

    Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

    McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

    Bernier
    Tokarski

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,373
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss:32193016

    Mikhail Grabovski.

    He's either going to fit in really well under the radar or used as a scapegoat. For a 4C I think you're better with a Glendening in terms of pure grit, hustle and shutdown ability.
    I had a feeling it was recent. I miss Grabo.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    12,456
    This is a good trade. Plekanec isn't an offensive threat anymore but he's solid two way PK guy. Rychel and Valiev were never going to make this team. We still have another 2nd this draft.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    26,192
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    I would like Glendening if we actually used him in that 4th line role, but Babcocks usage of him scared the crap out of me. He'll probably use Plekanec the same way but at least it's only a 1 year commitment from us.
    Who's going to bump him out with Matthews-Kadri-Bozak? Add in Marner, Nylander, JVR, Komarov, Brown and Hyman on the wings. Glenny is one of the best shutdown centers in the league and has shutdown legitimate talent in the playoffs. Blashill just has used him so poorly in the past, giving him top six minutes. If Toronto beats Boston in round 1 you have Tampa Bay. Glenny is the only player that I've seen stop Tyler Johnson who is a ****ing animal in the playoffs. Stopped Stammer too.

    A second rounder doesn't have a crazy high success rate.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    12,456
    So our centre depth with a healthy Matthews..

    Matthews
    Kadri
    Bozak
    Plekanec

    It's not Crosby, Malkin, Brassard but that's a deep 4 lines in the middle of the ice.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    12,456
    The 4th line will end up Komarov, Plekanec, Kapanen. That 2nd rounder is the Leafs own 2nd not San Jose's.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    12,456
    This gives Babcock the option to switch back and forth from Plekanec and Kadri playing against the opponents top line. Should free Kadri up a little more offensively.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    18,895
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    This gives Babcock the option to switch back and forth from Plekanec and Kadri playing against the opponents top line. Should free Kadri up a little more offensively.
    I could see a Komarov - Plekanec - Brown line becoming our 1st shutdown line and then having Marleau - Kadri - Marner as the 2nd

    An example against Boston: Plekanec's line against Bergeron and Kadri vs Kreijci. I like those matchups a lot more

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    12,456
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I could see a Komarov - Plekanec - Brown line becoming our 1st shutdown line and then having Marleau - Kadri - Marner as the 2nd

    An example against Boston: Plekanec's line against Bergeron and Kadri vs Kreijci. I like those matchups a lot more
    I could see that too. I mean the Leafs are loaded offensively but now having the option to have 2 sound lines defensively is such a bonus. I really hope they upgrade the D by 3pm tomorrow. This team is pretty loaded and we haven't even mentioned how good Andersen is yet. It wouldn't be a shock if this team beat Boston, Tampa or Pittsburgh.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,152
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    I could see that too. I mean the Leafs are loaded offensively but now having the option to have 2 sound lines defensively is such a bonus. I really hope they upgrade the D by 3pm tomorrow. This team is pretty loaded and we haven't even mentioned how good Andersen is yet. It wouldn't be a shock if this team beat Boston, Tampa or Pittsburgh.
    It would be a shock however, if they beat all 3 of them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •