Covington by the month from 3:

Oct: 46%
    Nov: 44%
    Dec: 35%
    Jan: 34%
    Feb: 29%

do i need to say anything more?

oh and he only shoots 40% from the field
    40% from the field is just fine when youíre taking mostly threes and scoring points efficiently per shot attempt. Which, earlier in the year, he was a league leader in.

But overall I agree more with Myles and Dish right now. His shot isnít going in anymore and itís harmful to the team when he jacks them up at the volume he does.

I hope the stroke comes back. I thought it would be easy for him this year with Embiid and Simmons drawing defenses to the basket, and Redick occupying the defensive attention around the perimeter. But maybe he needs to stop taking so many shots if we all know they arenít going in anymore. Just be a lockdown defender (which he mostly is), and be a Andre Roberson kind of guy for now. Let that part of the offense come from other guys like Belinelli and Redick.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Ok? Heís streaky. We knew that.
    thats not how streaky works lol come on

Thereís no excuse for Covingtonís downward shooting spiral. Situationally, he was set up perfectly to be an elite or close to elite 3 point shooter this season. All the stars were aligned. Plus he got the big pay day.

The only thing to say is that he hasnít been a good shooter for the last 3-4 months. And shooting is the only thing heís good for on offense. Itís the only way he can contribute as a basketball player offensively. So thatís pretty scary.

Just as I wasnít hyper excited about it early in the year, Iím not worried about it now.

Heís actually having a better Feb than he had the last two years. Lol.

The Not Too Late 2017-2018 Regular Season IGT

This is actually some pretty cool stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    40% from the field is just fine when youíre taking mostly threes and scoring points efficiently per shot attempt. Which, earlier in the year, he was a league leader in.

But overall I agree more with Myles and Dish right now. His shot isnít going in anymore and itís harmful to the team when he jacks them up at the volume he does.

I hope the stroke comes back. I thought it would be easy for him this year with Embiid and Simmons drawing defenses to the basket, and Redick occupying the defensive attention around the perimeter. But maybe he needs to stop taking so many shots if we all know they arenít going in anymore. Just be a lockdown defender (which he mostly is), and be a Andre Roberson kind of guy for now. Let that part of the offense come from other guys like Belinelli and Redick.
    I honestly wouldn't even mind the shooting % as much if he could simply dribble the ball or get into the lane without turning it over. His defense is above average, while I think he is still overrated as a "stopper", that defense balances out his shooting %. It's just that he doesn't cut, he doesn't drive, he can't dribble, he can't pass. I would venture to think that we could find a player similar to him with the ability to execute simple basketball mechanics other than shooting out there to be in our starting 5. Cov is a role player off the bench, I do not think he will be more than he is, and he is not a core member of the process as we head into the peak years. Dario better never go to the bench in place of Cov if we get a Lebron or PG.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    This is actually some pretty cool stuff:
    Lol @ luck adjusted

we got some big help last night and moved ahead of the Bucks for 6th based on win%. Wizards and Pacers both lost too so that leaves us 1 behind Indy, 2.5 behind the Wiz and 3.5 behind the Cavs with a huuuge game tonight! I am not happy ill miss most of it but sohuld be home by the mid point of the 4th so i hope its close.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    we got some big help last night and moved ahead of the Bucks for 6th based on win%. Wizards and Pacers both lost too so that leaves us 1 behind Indy, 2.5 behind the Wiz and 3.5 behind the Cavs with a huuuge game tonight! I am not happy ill miss most of it but sohuld be home by the mid point of the 4th so i hope its close.
    Definitely interesting. Depends what LeBron shows up I guess. I think this revamped cavs team is a better matchup for us.

this is not the time to go on a 3 games losing streak. Id say this is the biggest of the season to this point, primetime game on TNT on the road vs the Cavs with a chance to close the gap on a top 3 seed. get it done!

Iím nervous

It would be biggest win in Brett browns tenure if we win. Definitely a loss.
    Illy playing tonight.
    And who can we dump so we can add rose? Johnson, Anderson? You know who I want out. Need someone that can dribble.
    Last edited by MylesKong; 03-01-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Why would we want a guy like Rose? He sucks now.

lol why would we want Rose? hes washed up.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast