Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    We have to go deeper on the road. Also I donít love how Belinelli instantly got a huge spot in rotation. Especially on second of b2b. Get fresh legs out there.

Another bad cov night to add to the many since his contract. Can't 3 and is an overrated D...to add to his complete inability to create on his own or for others ...this is gong to end up being a bad contract impacting our cap flexibility at some point I think.

Quote Originally Posted by sixers0305 View Post
    Another bad cov night to add to the many since his contract. Can't 3 and is an overrated D...to add to his complete inability to create on his own or for others ...this is gong to end up being a bad contract impacting our cap flexibility at some point I think.
    just about everything about this post is wrong besides the creating shots bit but that's not at all his role. If anything his defense is underrated and shooters always have hot and cold streaks. If anything his contract is arugeably the most team friendly in the league.

Itís a pretty easily movable contract as long as he doesnít keep declining. I didnít see much of game tonight so I canít speak on it. I agree with that description of Covington though. Like I said, **** the shooting. Put the clamps on Best perimeter player and all is forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayla View Post
    just about everything about this post is wrong besides the creating shots bit but that's not at all his role. If anything his defense is underrated and shooters always have hot and cold streaks. If anything his contract is arugeably the most team friendly in the league.
    Where is this defensive excellence?

Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Itís a pretty easily movable contract as long as he doesnít keep declining. I didnít see much of game tonight so I canít speak on it. I agree with that description of Covington though. Like I said, **** the shooting. Put the clamps on Best perimeter player and all is forgiven.
    I agree it is moveavle now, there is still a notion out there that he is a core rotational player. I think he is being exposed, and that contract is going to look worse and worse. When it all shakes out he is a 10-11ppg guy who gets deflections but not a great on the ball defender, an ok rebounder despite being 6'9, a guy that can't take a dribble or make a tough pass without it being a turnover, and a "shooter" that shoots 35% from 3 on a ton of contested 3's early in the shot clock. It's the eye test with him, the advanced metrics can lie sometimes.

I agree it is moveavle now, there is still a notion out there that he is a core rotational player. I think he is being exposed, and that contract is going to look worse and worse. When it all shakes out he is a 10-11ppg guy who gets deflections but not a great on the ball defender, an ok rebounder despite being 6'9, a guy that can't take a dribble or make a tough pass without it being a turnover, and a "shooter" that shoots 35% from 3 on a ton of contested 3's early in the shot clock. It's the eye test with him, the advanced metrics can lie sometimes.
    Admitedly his shot selection is a major weakness but i can't really explain why anyone would think he isn't a very good defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayla View Post
    Admitedly his shot selection is a major weakness but i can't really explain why anyone would think he isn't a very good defender.
    He plays good help and team defense with deflections etc, but his on the ball defense this year has been bad.

so very true.

tough loss to swallow last night. has to be and win and we would be sitting in 6th right now with a showdown with the Cavs tomorrow to pull within a game of them. Cant do anything about Wade hitting that jumper, he was defended well at it was a bad shot but Ben has to make both FT's and no he doesnt get a pass for doing it last time. I would have liked to see him go up when he got the ball in deep on the last play too but we got our best shooter a wide open look so i wont complain about that. Cant believe Reddick missed still. oh and lets get Belli out there on offense to close game instead of Cov, enough with him already.

You lose more on defense than you gain on defense with a RoCo-Beli swap.

i said for offense only. At this point i think its a wash though anyway.

Well hereís something fun:
    All our best 5, 4, and 3 man lineups include Covington.

RoCo has gone from under to over back to underrated in a 12 month span.

Another fun one:
    Marco is shooting 37% with us.
    Robert is shooting 36.5% this year.

Thatís 1 more shot out of 200.

Covington by the month from 3:

Oct: 46%
    Nov: 44%
    Dec: 35%
    Jan: 34%
    Feb: 29%

do i need to say anything more?

oh and he only shoots 40% from the field