Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Trust me. Iím not rooting for Indy or anything. Itís just the sense I get.

Im certainly not trying to convince anyone else to be worried if they feel confident. Hell, please talk me off the ledge.

Damn! This a nail biter. Keep getting so close.

Wasnt too hard to see that coming.
    Only one of our top 6 players plus head coach have play playoff experience. Only reason we handle cavs is because the recent added a bunch of guys that were playoff regulars.

So frustrating that we can't beat playoff caliber teams (Bucks, Heat, and Pacers ).

Pathetic. Turnovers need to stop. Just bad basketball. Need to win these types of games. I have a bad feeling weíre gonna slip to 8 and possibly out of playoff picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUPER BOWL 52 CHAMPIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Sixers3Fan View Post
    Pathetic. Turnovers need to stop. Just bad basketball. Need to win these types of games. I have a bad feeling weíre gonna slip to 8 and possibly out of playoff picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thatís not going to happen. I promise. We will finish higher in the standings than we are today. Itís a lock with our remaining schedule

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Thatís not going to happen. I promise. We will finish higher in the standings than we are today. Itís a lock with our remaining schedule
    I can absolutely see us dropping to 7 and it actually see us winning first round.

Saw people on twitter still trying to rip RoCos 1-on-1 defense. Last few games with RoCo as the primary defender:
    Dipo: 3/13
    Dragic: 1/6
    Walker: 3/11

No fancy stats there.

PROCESSING

Next 5 games are against Knicks, Nets, Hornets, Grizzlies, Magic. Time for us to get another streak going.

didnt see the game but looks like turnovers played a big part in the loss, of course. We shot a lot better than they did but had more than double the to's. thats not gonna cut it.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Saw people on twitter still trying to rip RoCos 1-on-1 defense. Last few games with RoCo as the primary defender:
    Dipo: 3/13
    Dragic: 1/6
    Walker: 3/11

No fancy stats there.
    What those stats do not show is how often he is beat off the dribble forcing help and often times an open shot. He allows players to beat him off the bounce way too much for our "perimeter stopper". Hell, Jah beat him from the top of the key to the basket. He is what he is, a streaky shooter, and a slightly above average defender that gets bumped up to a well above average defender when people factor in deflections.

First off his length helps in those situations. Second Jah has 2 inches and 70ish pounds on him.

Like I said. Hating on RoCo has hit an absurd point.

PROCESSING

Covington had the highest +/- on the team by far last night. We were +15 with him on the court, essentially blowing out the Pacers. Embiid was 2nd at +1. And Oladipo had a horrific night offensively. So picking on Covingtonís defensive impact in any way from last nightís game is straight up baffling.

He also has the 3rd most DWS on the season among all forwards in the league.

But somehow even on a night when he holds his own man to a poor offensive night, heís getting burned off the dribble and forcing his teammates to bail him out, which gives the opponent more open shots overall, yet he still had the highest +/- by far on the team. Man, thatís pretty crazy!

Look, here's the thing, I probably unrationally cannot stand Cov, he is one of the most frustrating Sixers ever to me. I can acknowledge that there are good Cov nights like his game against the Hornets last week. Probably the reason that there is so much hate is that his flaws are so in your face with poor shot selection, inability to dribble and pass, and streaky shooting. His positive aspects that contribute to the plus minus really are more off the ball and not overtly out there to the viewing audience. His help defense, deflections, contested shots, positioning etc are all contributing to his great plus minus but to the viewing eye the flaws are what you see blatantly during games. Like some nights when he is +15 you would have no idea unless you checked the box score that he was impacting the game that much. I'm trying to be a rational hater here, not just blind hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    First off his length helps in those situations. Second Jah has 2 inches and 70ish pounds on him.

Like I said. Hating on RoCo has hit an absurd point.
    you made his point for him. Jah did burn him from the top of the key, you cant defend that one.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast