Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which of the remaining players was best at their peak?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dwyane Wade

9 36.00%
  • Oscar Robertson

1 4.00%
  • Jerry West

1 4.00%
  • Charles Barkley

0 0%
  • Julius Erving

0 0%
  • David Robinson

1 4.00%
  • Chris Paul

0 0%
  • Kevin Garnett

7 28.00%
  • Bill Russell

2 8.00%
  • Karl Malone

0 0%
  • Dirk Nowitzki

4 16.00%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Best Player of All-Time At Their Peak (#17)

So we do a “top 25 greatest players of all-time list” here on PSD, but I wanted to do a best, not greatest list.

What is the difference?

This is NOT a list that measures a players career or accolades, it is simply a list of, if all the players were in their peak/in their prime/at their best/etc. and all in a draft, who would you take first on your team.

Current List

1. Michael Jordan
    2. LeBron James
    T3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    T3. Wilt Chamberlain
    5. Shaquille O’Neal
    6. Magic Johnson
    7. Larry Bird
    8. Hakeem Olajuwon
    9. Tim Duncan
    10. Kobe Bryant
    11. Steph Curry
    12. Moses Malone
    13. Tracy McGrady
    14. Bill Walton
    15. Kevin Durant
    16. Jerry West

Dirk Nowitzki

1.) He won his MVP in a time Duncan, LeBron, and Kobe were in their prime. That's 3 top 10 players of all time. He's also beaten each of them in the playoffs having either Jason Terry or Josh Howard as his Robin. Each player's team he beat also had a noticeably superior team.

2.) Comparing Dirk to Wade head-to-head, Dirk has always had the far inferior team. When they met in 2006, Dirk had DeSagana Diop/Eric Dampier as his center(s)... Wade had an impactful Shaq. Compare their 2006 roster and you'll wonder what in the **ck the Mavericks were even doing in the Finals... Dirk carried them, even won the first 2 games in the Finals before the referees, who were specifically mentioned by Tim Donaghy as placing bets on several Finals games including 2006, decided to hand the championship over to Miami. If we give credit to Wade for 2006, it's undeserving... He had the superior squad and the referees on his side.

Even if we decided to ignore the referees and Wade's superior squad, Wade in the 2006 playoffs, was not as dominant as Dirk in the 2011 playoffs. Let me remind you, that is the year Dirk and Jason Terry (his Robin) beat Miami's 3-headed monster of prime LeBron, prime Bosh, and prime Wade. Yes... Wade was still in his prime that year. Dirk even had a 102 degree fever, was mocked by Wade and LeBron, and still Dirk lead the Mavericks to victory that game. This is also not taking away Dirk's regular season numbers... he was great there, he is just in a short list of players who upped his game to an entirely different level in the playoffs.

Easily Dirk > Wade.

3.) KG is a bit underrated, I'll admit. He had some insane defense and good offense. Dirk and KG's regular season can be debated and I wouldn't feel bad if someone said KG's regular season was better than Dirk. It's essentially a wash... but when we factor in the playoffs, this becomes much less of a debate. KG isn't on the same tier as Dirk when we exclusively talk about playoffs. I'm sure most of you were alive and watching them play in their peak.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Kg for the reason I said in the last thread

I'll hold my vote so if wade is tied I can insure he doesn't get in. Seriously.

I'd vote for Jerry West again LOL

bro I was playing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    I'd vote for Jerry West again LOL
    This guy's vote clearly shouldn't count either way. I think we ought to implement the old "you have to have at least 100 posts" rule to prevent this from happening. This definitely strikes me as a throwaway account.

I'd say laker fans shouldn't vote. Kobe over Curry is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    This guy's vote clearly shouldn't count either way. I think we ought to implement the old "you have to have at least 100 posts" rule to prevent this from happening. This definitely strikes me as a throwaway account.
    Wonder whose dupe he could be.

I stopped participating in these after Moses was picked ahead of PRIME Wade. Pretty clear there's something against him on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post

I stopped participating in these after Moses was picked ahead of PRIME Wade. Pretty clear there's something against him on these boards.
    The T-Mac vote killed it for me. I'm OK with most of the other guys on this list. But Kobe went about 8-10 spots too high and T-Mac went about 10-15 spots too high.

Lolz Kobe went 5 spot too late, little mini man Curry would get owned by Kobe on the court. 1v1 wouldn’t even be a challenge, Kobe would lock him up and own him in ge post. 11-6

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post

Everyone has their agenda, it’s hilarious,

I'll say it again, Wade should've been 10th. Just adds to my case that he's one of the most underappreciated all time greats we've ever seen. Guys will literally say anything to discredit the GOAT. Gets literally no credit for anything.

06 - Refs
    12 & 13 - LeBron carried him

Every other year - injured or couldn't carry scrubs to a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Lolz Kobe went 5 spot too late, little mini man Curry would get owned by Kobe on the court. 1v1 wouldn’t even be a challenge, Kobe would lock him up and own him in ge post. 11-6
    Kobe would **** on Curry

Voting Wade. How is he not taken yet? Oh right.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast