Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    It didn't. I think Nene falling into his right leg tweaked something and then we he went to plant he really felt it. I'd be surprised if it's not some sort of major tear. Godspeed Jimmy.

Jimmy Butler suffers meniscus injury, out 4-6 weeks

Just left the Minnesota v. Houston game. Did not look good. Right knee. More to follow.

It was a weird play. It's hard to tell if Nene falling on it did it or if he just slipped or stumbled a little when he tried to plant the leg and injured it that way. But those weird plays like that are the scariest ones, and I fear the worst.

I wonder how much this injury will ultimately bring up the "rest vs. injury" discussion. I realize it's right after the All Star break, so it's not exactly an ideal time to make this argument, but I've got to think Butler leading the league in minutes per game doesn't help much. Between he, Wiggins and KAT, wasn't it only a matter of time before one of those guys went down with an injury? Thibodeau's archaic coaching habits have got to evolve, because if he keeps overplaying his star players and they keep getting hurt, there aren't too many teams that will want to hire him.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

Well at least Taylor and Thibs have an excuse for the slide that was likely coming. Same ol' **** next year. Iso, pick and choose defense, guys tired in the 4th, Wiggins and Teague giving zip effort and showing up when they feel like it, and another wasted year of "growth". I hate the style they play, they are miles from playing with the real teams, and this is the least interested I have ever been in a Wolves team.

Better luck next year pups

From what i saw, it looked like when Nene fell on it, he might have tweaked it and should have got off of it, but he kept battling for the rebound and that might have injured it more seriously.

Season ender
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Well at least Taylor and Thibs have an excuse for the slide that was likely coming. Same ol' **** next year. Iso, pick and choose defense, guys tired in the 4th, Wiggins and Teague giving zip effort and showing up when they feel like it, and another wasted year of "growth". I hate the style they play, they are miles from playing with the real teams, and this is the least interested I have ever been in a Wolves team.

Wanting a new coach?

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan_Rocket View Post
    Wanting a new coach?
    New Coach, new PG, and new SF

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    great news. The Wolves are an interesting team. Right now they would play OKC in the first round and it would probably be the only interesting first round match up in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post

i really really really want wiggins to be good... he has every single tool and the size... its mind boggling man.

If Jimmy goes down it significantly simplifies the battle out west.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    If Jimmy goes down it significantly simplifies the battle out west.
    I don't think so. Its GS and Houston has an outside chance. After that OKC has a hail mary type shot at an upset against one of those two. I would take Minn against OKC but think OKC has a better shot against the big boys b/c they could potentially make the game ugly and lower scoring then give to there finishers.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i really really really want wiggins to be good... he has every single tool and the size... its mind boggling man.
    whenever I watch which isnt much he is always shooting off balance. IDK just doesn't seem like a really good player to me

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    It was a weird play. It's hard to tell if Nene falling on it did it or if he just slipped or stumbled a little when he tried to plant the leg and injured it that way. But those weird plays like that are the scariest ones, and I fear the worst.

I wonder how much this injury will ultimately bring up the "rest vs. injury" discussion. I realize it's right after the All Star break, so it's not exactly an ideal time to make this argument, but I've got to think Butler leading the league in minutes per game doesn't help much. Between he, Wiggins and KAT, wasn't it only a matter of time before one of those guys went down with an injury? Thibodeau's archaic coaching habits have got to evolve, because if he keeps overplaying his star players and they keep getting hurt, there aren't too many teams that will want to hire him.
    Why did players that play heavier minutes in the past over a greater time frame not get hurt? Its easy to blame a coach, but Butler wouldnt even be top 10 in minutes per game if this was 15 years ago

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast