Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    What I'm saying like, if you think he a dirty player and it seems too coincidental to be a coincidence, fine.

But if you gonna say he didn't brace his fall, or he fell without being touched, then that's just not accepting video that we can all see

That doesn't have to necessarily contradict each other
    But it's hard to determine exactly how things transpired through video. You don't know just how much force Nick Young had behind his foot. I give Zaza the benefit of the doubt just because he's goofy, but I strongly doubt Young would've even been able to pull ME down like that.

Video is video, but interpretation of it is another thing entirely.
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    But it is viewed as dirty regardless of what happens to the player shooting the ball. The extra step on the closeout was questionable - doesn't matter if you subjectively feel one way or another about it.

That's my point. We all fall on one side or the other of the subjective line. Some feel it's dirty, some don't. But what you can't change is how OFTEN a player is involved in said questionable plays. And Zaza's career is full of them.

At what point do you acknowledge someone IS dirty? Do they have to make a diving tackle at someone's legs? Do they gotta put someone in a Ric Flair figure four leg-lock?

Remember the uproar about Dahntay Jones elbowing that no-name Raptors player last year? You probably don't, but I do (his fine almost equaled his entire salary for the year). Dahntay Jones has a reputation for being a dirty player. People got loud about it, even if it was for a brief moment. To some degree, the players involved do matter because people are concerned about watching a good product on the floor. But that doesn't mean they care less about the nature of dirty plays in general.

I guess I don't get the issue with how people view Zaza. Wouldn't you say he deserves it?
    To the last point, I don't have an issue with how people view him. I don't particular care either if he deserves it or not. This is sports. He's walking away a very rich man for playing a game. If we could all be so lucky (yes I know that's disservice to the work they've put in but different convo).

Your first point is where I disagree, not personally but with how it's actually discussed. People tend to only get in an uproar about something when someone gets hurt or something tangible happens. When it's theory that someone could get hurt or something could happen people care less than when it actually happens.

Where the line is draw is very difficult as intent isn't easy to understand. I definitely was involved in some questionable calls and pushed the line at times when I was younger. I can tell you my reasons were about setting a tone for a game. I'd slowly escalate to see where a ref would draw the line, all the while being careful not to push too far past it. I've also played with some people that were just richards and were dirty cause they could and knew how to hide it well and get the other player to react without being caught. Zaza could be doing either. I think consistency from the refs in setting a tone for games would go a long way to preventing stuff like this. Both on court and off court reactions.

Which thing with Dahntay Jones and a Raptor player... there's been so many over the years. My point is nothing's changed. If the league wanted to get rid of cheap shots or dirty plays whether it's questionable or not it would be done. You just got to make the penalty so steep that no one wants to deal with it, both for the individual and the team. Then they need to do the thing the NBA will never actually do, enforce it. Remember those flopping rules and fining players.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    10 years of judo, bro. Lay off the sauce.
    Do some meditation then. Your thoughts betray you young one. When bobby kicked Daniel son in the leg, u thought that was on accident to huh?

Haha, it's funny cuz if you actually look at the replay you gotta be a legit dumb *** to think he intentionally dove at Westbrook's leg

You can visually see him fall via leg to the back of his knee. You can visually see him stick his arm out to break his fall but his arm slides out, thus him falling on Westbrook's leg

I'm not gonna stop the cry baby party, anyone can cry as much as they want about how crappy their team is (cuz let's be honest, that's the REAL reason anyone's complaining here), but just want to point out the legitimate dumb *** effect

Every time the warriors score a bucket, this effect begins brewing within haters lmao

In other words, IKnowHoops is the perfect test subject to study
    You live at home with your parents...be honest

Two way street. There's no Dubs fans actually defending it in its entirety, or saying that play is all kosher, more just poking fun of the extreme reactions.

If you were to read some of these responses you'd think something major and obvious happened
    And some Dub fans are for a season long ban as well. The smart ones anyway.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 02-28-2018 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    You live at home with your parents...be honest
    Yea, what's wrong with that?

Lol. Goddamnit, lol.

ZAZA should ask the Warriors to suspend him for a few games. Because i do believe players will now deal with this themselves. You have a guy who's head hunting. I expect a bounty to be put on ZAZA.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Do some meditation then. Your thoughts betray you young one. When bobby kicked Daniel son in the leg, u thought that was on accident to huh?
    im dead!
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

You know that is coming back as a TV story with the same actors for Bobby and Daniel? Cobra Kai is the name of the series.

I could talk about joint breaks, center of gravity and leverage, but I think it's obvious by this point who is qualified to talk about this and who isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Lol. Goddamnit, lol.
    As someome who left the house at 15, I legitimately don't understand this..

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    ZAZA should ask the Warriors to suspend him for a few games. Because i do believe players will now deal with this themselves. You have a guy who's head hunting. I expect a bounty to be put on ZAZA.
    Bring it

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You know that is coming back as a TV story with the same actors for Bobby and Daniel? Cobra Kai is the name of the series.
    Seriously? I don't know if I could bring my self to watch that without Mr Miyagi.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast