Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why don't we make moves?????

It's been a very long while since i posted in here, but after seeing the Marcus Peters trade i got a little upset. I would just like for someone to explain why the Cowboys refuse to spend money on building a great defense. I think our current corners have potential , but they will never be as good as Peters who is a shutdown corner.

We are about to spend big money on Martin, and probably have the highest paid offensive line in NFL history, but no team has never won a Super bowl because they have a great O-line. Defense wins championships and we have seen that the past few years, but we refuse to build that side of the ball. Also we do not make trades that will help the team or get reliable players in free agency, instead we sign "our" guys who haven't produced.

We are the only team who keeps a HC and OC who can't make adjustments during the game or come up with a good playbook that isn't very predictable.
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

No reason to trade for Peters, we are set on the back end for a while on D. Need LB and DT more than anything.

Marcus Peters is on a cheap rookie contract that they can have for several years...and it looks like it didn't take that much to give to get him. They didn't even have to give up a 1st rounder or a star in return. It seems like the Chiefs are getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    It's been a very long while since i posted in here, but after seeing the Marcus Peters trade i got a little upset. I would just like for someone to explain why the Cowboys refuse to spend money on building a great defense. I think our current corners have potential , but they will never be as good as Peters who is a shutdown corner.

We are about to spend big money on Martin, and probably have the highest paid offensive line in NFL history, but no team has never won a Super bowl because they have a great O-line. Defense wins championships and we have seen that the past few years, but we refuse to build that side of the ball. Also we do not make trades that will help the team or get reliable players in free agency, instead we sign "our" guys who haven't produced.

We are the only team who keeps a HC and OC who can't make adjustments during the game or come up with a good playbook that isn't very predictable.
    I think the mantra that Defense wins Championships is somewhat of a cliché. Defense can win championships but so can a 2-sigma offense with just a marginal defense like many of the teams that have won SB's in the last 20 years of the modern pass-heavy league. I think you make good points about spending huge on the O-line having a trickle down effect of taking potential assets off the defensive end. My main beef potentially with the Cowboys way of team building is trying to build an offensive juggernaut that is dependent on big 12 play scoring drives. I think analytics shows us the way to win offensively in this league with marginal defense is big play ability downfield. We need to get better at WR and pass catching TE downfield. Need to open this sucker up. Yes run Zeke often and effectively but need the ability to go deep periodically. If we could do this I think our defense (with a little luck health at LB) could be good enough to win.

still not educated i see. peters cant play press and is a clubhouse cancer

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Marcus Peters is on a cheap rookie contract that they can have for several years...and it looks like it didn't take that much to give to get him. They didn't even have to give up a 1st rounder or a star in return. It seems like the Chiefs are getting worse.

they dumped him because hes a cancer. he can intercept passes in zone but he cant play man

He have character issues that why he was traded. I think if Demarco Murray is release by the titans the Cowboys should sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post

Personally I think a main reason the Cowboys have not been big spenders in FA the last couple of years and why I doubt they will be big players this year is because of Stephen Jones. Unlike his dad he’s not will to fork over big money for a shiny new toy. My fear is that he will continue to do that and never go after a big name free agent.

How often though does big FA contracts end up as a Brandon Carr signing. Or trades end up like Roy Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by noraj9 View Post
    How often though does big FA contracts end up as a Brandon Carr signing. Or trades end up like Roy Williams.
    Yeah probably too often. Lots of free agent busts. It's not often that big FA signings result in great things. Jaguars last year did it well, but before that they failed like three years in a row making big moves in FA. Eagles did good with FA signings last year but they also have a history of missing there.

I think you've gotta take a shot sometimes, but there is no need to make a huge splurge and sign a bunch of guys.

Yeah I'm with ya. Not saying not to take that shot, just seems like more often than not, especially in the NFL, it's a bust, especially with us.

Now the Rams have traded a 5th round pick for Aqib Talib! It's really frustrating when you see other teams grab talented players for next to nothing and we basically never do. I can't remember the last time we got a really good value trade.

Cowboys are sitting back as usual
    #BringBackMatty

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Now the Rams have traded a 5th round pick for Aqib Talib! It's really frustrating when you see other teams grab talented players for next to nothing and we basically never do. I can't remember the last time we got a really good value trade.
    If that pans out, that's going to be quite a talented secondary. They already have some good players back there before their moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Roy Williams.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast