Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The more I watch Troy Williams, the more I see him as a potential replacement for Lance Thomas. He needs a lot of work but at 23 years of age with his athleticism, over time he can become an improved version.

I would be inclined to move Lance this summer anyway as I have a strong feeling Knicks will be drafting a SF.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    The more I watch Troy Williams, the more I see him as a potential replacement for Lance Thomas. He needs a lot of work but at 23 years of age with his athleticism, over time he can become an improved version.

I would be inclined to move Lance this summer anyway as I have a strong feeling Knicks will be drafting a SF.
    I am not sure anyone is going to want Lance at his salary. But never know. Guess a bunch of players will be expiring and some teams will have money and we need to see if more teams want to compete.

Yeah if Troy shoots 500 3's in the offseason everyday to match that athleticism, he's going to have a good role on this team.

Why aren't they giving any minutes to Dotson? He's played well in limited minutes. Is this because he was drafted by Phil and he'll also be traded eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    Why aren't they giving any minutes to Dotson? He's played well in limited minutes. Is this because he was drafted by Phil and he'll also be traded eventually?
    at this point i would sit lance down and hand those minutes to dotson and troy williams to see if they will be part of our core moving forward. we already know what lance can do at this point in his career hes not going to improve or add something new to his game.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyv7 View Post
    at this point i would sit lance down and hand those minutes to dotson and troy williams to see if they will be part of our core moving forward. we already know what lance can do at this point in his career hes not going to improve or add something new to his game.
    Exactly and we'll lose more games in the process. We need to sit O'Quin down as well, he has no future here and will leave in the off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    I am not sure anyone is going to want Lance at his salary. But never know. Guess a bunch of players will be expiring and some teams will have money and we need to see if more teams want to compete.

Yeah if Troy shoots 500 3's in the offseason everyday to match that athleticism, he's going to have a good role on this team.
    Lance's contract actually for next year is not bad, he will make 7Mil and the following the contract is not guaranteed, and better yet he is only guaranteed 1 mil till Jan 10th of 2020.

He can be included in a package this draft to a contender or a team that needs defense, a team like OKC would work great for him, with all that offense they would love he doesn't need the ball just leave him in the corner that is all he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    this is a puzzle, and I think Jeff get's mandates and when someone isn't in the mandate he sits them.

DOt was one who actually played well in garbage time against the Clips yets get nothing.

I like Lee but we need to Randolph him and sit him down for the Troy's and Dots' this is the time to see if guys can stick, even Jeff said these guys should be playing for their lives in the NBA, but how can Dot if he don't leave the bench?

The best reason to sit Lee, you don't want him hurt, then he can't be traded and his value is an all time high so why play him any longer?

If memory serves me right, Dotson has a favorable contract with us. I can assume he is part of future plans.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    this is a puzzle, and I think Jeff get's mandates and when someone isn't in the mandate he sits them.

DOt was one who actually played well in garbage time against the Clips yets get nothing.

I like Lee but we need to Randolph him and sit him down for the Troy's and Dots' this is the time to see if guys can stick, even Jeff said these guys should be playing for their lives in the NBA, but how can Dot if he don't leave the bench?

The best reason to sit Lee, you don't want him hurt, then he can't be traded and his value is an all time high so why play him any longer?
    He can still play Lee. Give him Lance's minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    If memory serves me right, Dotson has a favorable contract with us. I can assume he is part of future plans.
    We said the same thing about Willy, but that wasn't the case. I saw a report saying that some teams might target Dotson in the offeason. This could be our front office trying to boost his value because they're trying to trade him.

The New York Knicks and forward Troy Williams have agreed to a two-year contract, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Williamsí deal will be guaranteed for the remainder of this season and includes partial guarantees for next season, league sources said.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    The New York Knicks and forward Troy Williams have agreed to a two-year contract, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Williamsí deal will be guaranteed for the remainder of this season and includes partial guarantees for next season, league sources said.
    yes i'm all for this. now we basically got two solid pieces for our bench for next season. they basically gave williams the same contract they gave to trey burke. which is a steal. we have both of them for like 3 million combined.

Congrats to TWill. Knicks need even more athleticism and shooting. TWill helps in at least one of those categories.

Free Dotson......Dotson is a better guard than Frank right now. I want to see what this line-up can do:

Mud
    Dotson
    TWill
    Beasley/Thomas
    KOQ
    Last edited by Bivory; 03-13-2018 at 10:08 AM.

When it comes to our young'ns, I've been most excited about and impressed by Troy..that's kind of sad. I liked him coming out of Indiana and I'm glad we are giving him a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    When it comes to our young'ns, I've been most excited about and impressed by Troy..that's kind of sad. I liked him coming out of Indiana and I'm glad we are giving him a chance.
    It speaks to the lack of young talent the Knicks have.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123