Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Mark Cuban fined 600k for tanking comments.

@MarcJSpearsESPN
    NBA announces that Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has been fined $600,000 for public statements detrimental to the NBA. Cubanís comments, which concerned his perspective on the teamís competitive success this season, were made during a podcast that posted on Feb. 18.
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach

Starting to really dislike Silver. His fines are outrageous and his ideas for changing the game I'm strongly against.

Quote Originally Posted by LOb0 View Post
    Starting to really dislike Silver. His fines are outrageous and his ideas for changing the game I'm strongly against.
    What would you do if you were in his place? He can talk that internally with the team, not in a PODCAST.
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach

I think his comments are strategic in when they we're made. I think he wants to take the heat off of the sexual assault situation he has in Dallas right now. Cuban is a smart guy and knows how to redirect pretty well. Sexual assault problems arise, and he heads to the "Look how garbage our team is by design!".

Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    What would you do if you were in his place? He can talk that internally with the team, not in a PODCAST.
    Philly was openly tanking for years. Everyone on the planet knows that tanking is the best option when you're bad. So it's alright to do it yet when you mention it oh 600k fine.

Its like saying everyone can commit crimes just don't say it. It's stupid, either change the rules or deal with it. God forbid Cuban for being honest.

I agree that this is pretty dumb. Iím just glad the NBA didnít punish him by messing with the teamís draft picks.

As usual it's all just PR.

Philly was openly tanking for years. Everyone on the planet knows that tanking is the best option when you're bad. So it's alright to do it yet when you mention it oh 600k fine.

Its like saying everyone can commit crimes just don't say it. It's stupid, either change the rules or deal with it. God forbid Cuban for being honest.
    true..

That's how player tampering works, so....

Mark Cuban fined 600k for tanking comments.

Wow, completely disagree with the tenor of this thread. I like Silver's ideas so far. Competition is leaving this league and he looking to keep it. He sent a message here. seriously considering 1-16 playoff seeds, reforming the lottery, expecting guys to show up for marquee games. Its not a hard cap but we aint getting that the Silver is working to try and keep this league competitive
    Last edited by ewing; 02-24-2018 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I don't like Silver on the whole but I do agree something has got to be done about how watered down the league is. I choose to watch college gymnastics and racing rather than whatever pathetic NBA game is on these days.

Pretty much the only teams I'll even consider watching are Rockets, Spurs, Celtics, and Lebron's new team (the old one was an eyesore, I agree with his majesty on that count). Won't watch the Warriors because why should I? To find out if the varsity team is going to beat the JV by 15 or 30 tonight? Plus I don't really like jumpshooting teams.