Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Inside the Corrosive Workplace Culture of the Dallas Mavericks

Read the article last night. And my God. Not a doubt in my mind that cuban knew. For as someone who openly claims that he is the most "hands on owner in sports", he defintley knew.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/02/20/da...cuban-response
    By JON WERTHEIM AND JESSICA LUTHER February 20, 2018
    It was an hour or so before tip–off. The Dallas Mavericks were hosting a nationally televised game during the 2010–11 NBA season. And, deep inside the American Airlines Center, a recently–hired Mavericks support staff employee was eating dinner in the media dining room. As the woman sat down, the team president and CEO, Terdema Ussery, asked if he could join her. She grew nervous, not because Ussery was her boss’s boss, or because he was one of the most prominent figures in the Dallas sportscape. It was because his reputation as a serial sexual harasser of women preceded him.

At this meal, with ESPN crew members seated nearby, Ussery struck up an unusual conversation. As the woman recalls the exchange, Ussery claimed that he knew what she was going to do over the coming weekend. When the woman asked, confusedly, what Ussery meant, he smiled.

“You’re going to get gang-banged,” he asserted, “aren’t you?”

“No,” the woman responded, caught off-guard. “Actually, I’m going to the movies with friends.”

“No,” Ussery insisted. “You’re definitely getting gang-banged.”

Last edited by Scoots; 02-21-2018 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Edited to not include the entire work

Like Donny Trump is doing for America after a brutal 8 years, I am making PSD Great Again One Post at a time, doe!!

One Big A-- (8 year) Mistake America. Coincidence? I think not.

As a mavs fan smh

Dayum. Disgusting people.

Jerry Richardson sold the Panthers because of past allegations and his past. Could the league eventually force Cuban to sell his team if the investigation concludes significant findings against the current Mavs' owner?

Cuban should sell the team. No way in hell he didn;t know

Like Donny Trump is doing for America after a brutal 8 years, I am making PSD Great Again One Post at a time, doe!!

One Big A-- (8 year) Mistake America. Coincidence? I think not.

Karma is a ***** Mark, if this **** is true
    #BringBackMatty

My thought as I was reading was that Cuban is hyper involved with the basketball, not the operations. That ends up being what he claims as well. If Cuban was hands on in administration, they would not have referred to Ussery as "the boss".

It's interesting because the ones getting caught and vilified for their exploits are typically old powerful white executives when in this case Userrey is black; when usually black CEOs and executives are highly respected and people of high morals. Userrey a Princeton graduate and Masters degree from Harvard with law honors. Wow, I guess power can get to anyone's head.

He's just tryna bust a nut.
    Don’t forget to smile today, they’re contagious!!!

This one is very ugly. Just about on par with Donald Sterling. If there's some sort of team wide lack of morality clause in the NBA bylaws... Cuban will likely be forced to sell the team.

It would take significant fines, loss of draft picks and a significant public investment by the Mavs into Sexual Harrassment & Diversity training in conjunction with a local charity to help make it go away over time...
    "Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    This one is very ugly. Just about on par with Donald Sterling. If there's some sort of team wide lack of morality clause in the NBA bylaws... Cuban will likely be forced to sell the team.

It would take significant fines, loss of draft picks and a significant public investment by the Mavs into Sexual Harrassment & Diversity training in conjunction with a local charity to help make it go away over time...
    Cuban himself is not accused of anything other than being unaware. Sterling was openly racist.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    He's just tryna bust a nut.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    Karma is a ***** Mark, if this **** is true
    Karma? For what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    It's interesting because the ones getting caught and vilified for their exploits are typically old powerful white executives when in this case Userrey is black; when usually black CEOs and executives are highly respected and people of high morals. Userrey a Princeton graduate and Masters degree from Harvard with law honors. Wow, I guess power can get to anyone's head.
    I would guess the Blacks that make it to the top get filtered more rigorously than old white dudes; more white dudes probably know someone who may have overlooked something on the way up the ladder, so the ones that make it to the top are "pre qualified"

On another note the president of Ford NA was ousted today, no details other than code of conduct violations.
    http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/21/news...ord/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Karma? For what exactly?
    Oak was turned down by Cuban on Shark Tank for investing in his idea for an oxygen tank filled with farts, The Fart Tank.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast