Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: What position do you think the Giants will get with their 1st round pick?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB

    7 23.33%
  • RB

    12 40.00%
  • Offensive Line

    0 0%
  • Trade

    10 33.33%
  • Other

    1 3.33%
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 729
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,796
    Drafting Barkley at 2 could set us back a few years. He might be the best RB prospect since AP, but RB is an overvalued position. Eli is a decent bridge QB, but we need Rosen. Gotta build around a franchise QB and the 2nd round is too damn late for one. I expect Gettleman to get Rosen and find a RB later. Guice is fine in the early 2nd.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,678
    Gimme Chubb or Fitzpatrick. Draft Oline in the 2nd Round. Sign Norwell. That'll be a good start

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    Gimme Chubb or Fitzpatrick. Draft Oline in the 2nd Round. Sign Norwell. That'll be a good start
    If you are not going to draft a QB and Barkley is gone to the Browns then Nelson should be the pick.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,678
    I like Nelson, and we could be strong up the gut if we sign Norwell. But I feel you can get some quality Tackles/Guards in the early 2nd. Now could we sign Norwell, draft Nelson, and take a Tackle in the 2nd? Ya that would be great, but I still would like us to shore up our defense. Our FS/CB position needs help, as does pass rushing bc JPP has been mehhh since the hand injury. I feel in the 2nd we will have a shot at Wynn, Hernandez, Miller, Price, Brown, Williams, Mcglinchey, Crosby, etc for additional Oline help.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northport, NY
    Posts
    1,937
    Now that Browns have Tyrod and have traded Kizer, you have to think they're going to go Barkley at 1 and whichever of the QB's that's left at 4. Or they can even go Barkley at 1, and one of Chubb/Fitzpatrick/Nelson at 4, and use their 2nd Round assets to move up into the 1st for their QB (Jackson or maybe one of the top 4 QB's slips) --- Which means we'll have our choice of QB at #2.

    I get the trade back scenario, but I still say draft Darnold and let him sit all of year 1.
    Last edited by MJL80; 03-10-2018 at 11:38 AM.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    If you are not going to draft a QB and Barkley is gone to the Browns then Nelson should be the pick.
    That's where you trade down with a team looking to get a QB you do not want to take. This draft has to be a #1 QB because Davis Webb isn't as highly rated as some of the star potential guys at the top of the boards this year.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    27,675
    Quote Originally Posted by MJL80 View Post
    Now that Browns have Tyrod and have traded Kizer, you have to think they're going to go Barkley at 1 and whichever of the QB's that's left at 4. Or they can even go Barkley at 1, and one of Chubb/Fitzpatrick/Nelson at 4, and use their 2nd Round assets to move up into the 1st for their QB (Jackson or maybe one of the top 4 QB's slips) --- Which means we'll have our choice of QB at #2.

    I get the trade back scenario, but I still say draft Darnold and let him sit all of year 1.
    Iíve soured big time on Darnold. Rosen or baker
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,885
    Baker is the only QB I like in the top 15 picks.
    Or
    Lamar Jackson, but he needs the cam treatment of the watered down playbook for a year or so but he is a play maker all day and I do think with the right Coach he will be a huge Star in our league but he should be the 4 or 5th qb taken because not many team's can stand to wait. Darnold Rozen and Allen just don't wow me. If we do a trade with Buffalo I wouldn't be mad if Jackson is our pick

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London,England
    Posts
    12,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    Baker is the only QB I like in the top 15 picks.
    Or
    Lamar Jackson, but he needs the cam treatment of the watered down playbook for a year or so but he is a play maker all day and I do think with the right Coach he will be a huge Star in our league but he should be the 4 or 5th qb taken because not many team's can stand to wait. Darnold Rozen and Allen just don't wow me. If we do a trade with Buffalo I wouldn't be mad if Jackson is our pick
    A drop to the 20ís is too far. Buffalo has to work their way up the draft like philly did getting Wentz. Canít canít miss out on Edmunds,-Chubb,Roquan,Fitzpatrick,Nelson

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,885
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    A drop to the 20ís is too far. Buffalo has to work their way up the draft like philly did getting Wentz. Canít canít miss out on Edmunds,-Chubb,Roquan,Fitzpatrick,Nelson
    I don't disagree with you. Though I really on see Nelson and Fitzpatrick as top 5 must haves.
    BUT
    To have two first round picks this year, and most likely another 2nd at the very least . I also wouldn't do the trade unless with get White too. That would be the best way to get ride of Apple . Both 1st round picks with Guaranteed money. So it was be a wash $$ wise and we get a CB who is better and with 1 year longer.

    There are a lot of possibilities this year. This is the most exciting draft in a long time

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,223
    It looks like the draft will break down this way..

    Browns take Barkley.
    Giants would like to trade the pick, because they dont love any of these QB's. Hopefully Denver, Jets, or Cleveland love 1 and will trade up to get one. If they cannot trade out, they will draft Nelson or Chubb....and do not discount taking Chubb...he would enable them to move on from either JPP or OV next year. Still I think more likely Nelson. If they trade down, they can go many ways. Everyone keeps saying Indy will take Chubb, I dont see how they pass on Nelson if he is there. Their line is terrible and they have to protect Luck. We could end up going a bunch of ways at 4, 5, or, 6...maybe even QB.

    If for some reason Cleveland is completely ******** and does not take Barkley, our pick is easy. Its the best player in the draft....BARKLEY! Players like Barkley drive an offense. He can pass block, run between the tackles and catch out of the backfield. He is Elliot with breakaway speed. He would make the offense go. And people talking about how the RB is not valuable, just look at the impact of Elliot, Gurley, Bell. They make the rest of the offense go. Barkley would extend Eli's career 3 years.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    28,452
    Bills just traded one of their OTs and swapped one of their first round picks.

    So now they have the 12th and 22nd picks.

    Almost seems like they are trying to set up to move up in the draft to take a QB.

    12/22 plus other picks is a lot more enticing than 21/22 plus.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London,England
    Posts
    12,751
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Bills just traded one of their OTs and swapped one of their first round picks.

    So now they have the 12th and 22nd picks.

    Almost seems like they are trying to set up to move up in the draft to take a QB.

    12/22 plus other picks is a lot more enticing than 21/22 plus.
    Now Iím willing to talk to them. But we need both 1ís and next years 1. Just to talk.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    28,452
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Now Iím willing to talk to them. But we need both 1ís and next years 1. Just to talk.
    Definitely possible.

    Draft trade value:

    Giants #2 Pick Value: 2600

    Bills total Value(12/22): 1980

    #12 Pick: 1200
    #22 Pick: 780

    So, they need at least another 600 in 'value' which starts at the 31st pick then decreases from there.

    https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    27,675
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Definitely possible.

    Draft trade value:

    Giants #2 Pick Value: 2600

    Bills total Value(12/22): 1980

    #12 Pick: 1200
    #22 Pick: 780

    So, they need at least another 600 in 'value' which starts at the 31st pick then decreases from there.

    https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp
    So basically their 2 2nds not their first next year is fair value
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •