Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What position do you think the Giants will get with their 1st round pick?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB

7 23.33%
  • RB

12 40.00%
  • Offensive Line

0 0%
  • Trade

10 33.33%
  • Other

1 3.33%
Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

2018 New York Giants Draft Thread

Giants Draft Order
    1st Round - 2nd Pick
    2nd Round - 34th overall
    3rd Round - 66th overall
    4th Round - 98th overall
    4th Round* - Compensatory TBD
    5th Round - 130th overall
    6th Round - 162nd overall
    7th Round - 194th overall

*Compensatory picks still need to be assigned, but most sources project the Giants receiving a 4th round pick for the loss of Hankins last year.

We lose our 6th rounder for Cockrell I think

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    We lose our 6th rounder for Cockrell I think
    I saw losing a 7th rounder. Didn't see a 6th mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I saw losing a 7th rounder. Didn't see a 6th mentioned.
    So apparently the Steelers website mentioned a 6th rounder and others mentioned a 7th rounder. No idea who's telling the truth

Just saw Steelers website redacted the report of a 6th rounder and it will remain a 7th

I'm so torn this draft... glad I'm not the gm.

1. Trade back and grab line help
    2. If we sign some line help in free agency then grab Barkley and go all in on Eli's last 2-3 years.
    3. If we don't like what we see with Webb grab a quarterback

Barkley at #2.

Part of the OL is fixable in FA. Someone like Josh Sitton has become available in FA. By all means, grab him, sign back Pugh to stay at RT, bring back Fluker and/or Richburg if the money's right. Then we can grab a LT in the 2nd.

You canít mortgage the entire future for 1 or 2 years of contention with Eli.

Giants will not have another opportunity to pick top 5 again for a long time in all likelihood. You have to get your QB of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post

Giants will not have another opportunity to pick top 5 again for a long time in all likelihood. You have to get your QB of the future.
    Please stop forcing a QB selection. ESPN and those networks have poisoned you. You donít take a QB just because. The recent RBs taken high are all better than the QBs taken before them

Not gonna lie, Iím warming up on Lamar Jackson

I'd rather trade back a few and take Baker or trade back to the Bills and take Jackson if we aren't locked on webb.. either way we don't stay at two . I want draft picks and depth . The patriots might never have the best positional groups but they have deep ones and guys who play the role to the best of there ability. Look at the LB core you never say it's the worst but can you name the starters in the SB .

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    I'd rather trade back a few and take Baker or trade back to the Bills and take Jackson if we aren't locked on webb.. either way we don't stay at two . I want draft picks and depth . The patriots might never have the best positional groups but they have deep ones and guys who play the role to the best of there ability. Look at the LB core you never say it's the worst but can you name the starters in the SB .
    For Flowers and Van Noy they traded 7th round picks. Roberts was a 6th round pick by the team and Harrison they picked off the street. Basically Van Noy, Flowers and Harrison were all added EXACTLY due to the lack of depth they had at the position, and once Hightower went down, who by the way had to play DE snaps too before he got injured because, what do you know, lack of depth there, that started to show, as their defense looked problematic all year long.

Plus we have had depth there. Kennard, Robinson, Casillas, Goodson and more recently, Munson, are all depth. Unfortunately, they're nothing more than just that, which is why if there's anything that we need, is at least a top talented, consistent starter at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post

I thought so too for a long time, for that very reason. Still wouldn't be pissed if that's what they choose to do with the pick. But I also believe in picking the best talent available, and that just happens to be Barkley. A freak of nature athlete who already has that translated into talent showcased and production on the field, who by all accounts is a pretty good kid focused on football.

If they add 1 or 2 OL in FA, then it has to be Barkley - unless they are absolutely convinced Josh Rosen or Darnold are can't miss franchise QBs.

I don't think anyone feels like that about either of those guys.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    For Flowers and Van Noy they traded 7th round picks. Roberts was a 6th round pick by the team and Harrison they picked off the street. Basically Van Noy, Flowers and Harrison were all added EXACTLY due to the lack of depth they had at the position, and once Hightower went down, who by the way had to play DE snaps too before he got injured because, what do you know, lack of depth there, that started to show, as their defense looked problematic all year long.

Plus we have had depth there. Kennard, Robinson, Casillas, Goodson and more recently, Munson, are all depth. Unfortunately, they're nothing more than just that, which is why if there's anything that we need, is at least a top talented, consistent starter at the position.
    The LB core of the pats was just an example, Again i said the Pats may not have the BEST Unit but they never have the worst, they have depth and versatility

and they make the trades they need to Re Enforce there positions.

The LB Core you just cited as depth
    Robinson = FA (Played 6 Games in 2017)
    Casillas = FA (played 8 Games in 2017)
    Kennard = FA (health has always been an issue and 40 tackles and 4 sacks more of a 3-4 LB IMO)

Goodson = Can't stay healthy and Still annoyed we didn't resign sheppard to compete with him for the Starting Mike spot. Hopefully his 3rd year things will get better
    Munson = unproven but great depth I agree.. and with a name like Munson i'm all in

we lead the league again in IR spots so that's 4 times in 5 years Depth players are our starters.
    The depth comment was for the entire roster,
    I mean for the last game of the year we had
    LT- Chad Wheeler 2nd String
    LG- John Jerry 2nd String
    C- Brett Jones 2nd string
    RG- Jon Halapio 3rd String
    RT- A. Bisnowaty 2nd string

Everyone wants Top Talent...
    With out a team around that top talent the team fails

If they don't want a QB at the #2 slot, which I'd understand.. I'd rather them trade back if possible and pick up a RB in one of the 2/3/4 rounds. There are soooooo many good RBs in this draft. Sure, Barkley is probably the best in this draft but this team has so many holes to fill if it's not QB, I'd rather see them aquire more picks to fill those holes.

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast