Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

What Will Harry Giles Be?

What will Giles end up being?

Herry could be a total bust to an MVP. So the question is, what is his true comparison?

Pre-injury he was KG or C-Webb. Post injury durring the predraft everyone compared him to Bobby Portis. Some just thought he would be a bust and some thought he could be the steal of the draft. There were 19 picks before Herry was picked. We passed on him 3 times before we picked him at 20. I think Vlade knew he would be available there, so I applauded him for his patients.

The Jazz were the instant winners from this draft class, others have shown potential, but there again we the Kings fans are in limbo wondering the potential of one Herry Giles. Fultz almost looking like an instant bust, Lonzo looking like a fantasy basketball stud, Tatum looking like the real deal, Josh Jackson looking like a Kansas player, Fox really showing that in a few years he could be a franchise player, Issac a question mark but still one you wiuld love to have, Markannen looking like Dirk 2.0, DSJ looking the part of a future star, Zach Collins... wow i am so glad we passed on him, our own Justin Jackson looking like he could be a very soild role player, Mason could start the bench mob up again, this was a better than advertised draft class!

Still where does that leave Giles, all,the Kings fans had hope to see Giles play with the start of the new year, but instead we were left starving for the first playing time for Giles, then the word came down about 15 days later, Giles had been shut down for the year. Again we were left wondering about the mystery man. Instead we were filled with wonderus thoughts of how Giles practices, of how great his passing is, of his BBIQ, and of his court vision. "He is not hurt", the front office explains, "we are just making sure he will be ready with a full training camp and summer league." Again the agonizing desperation sets in on the Kings fan.

Who is this "fill in the blank"? My assessment...
    Last edited by sneak; 02-19-2018 at 07:41 PM.

Giles has soft hands, with those soft paws he was compared to C-Webb, those hands didn't disappear, so i am keeping that on my list of things you just can't take away.

His jaw dropping off ball blocks, that shows defensive vision/awareness, timing, and athleticism. These #1 recruiting highlights were brought to us while he was a young age. So i still think his defensive vision and awareness may have to be homed to the pro game, but he has shown that it is part of his game, timing again i has to be homed, his athleticism is what is the real question if he was to recreate those off ball blocks on the NBA level.

The ball control of him as a very young man had the the imagination of any scout. They all wondered if he has going to be able to play as a SF. I do think he can retain the control but the agility with his knees had to take a big hit, i think everyone doesn't believe he will ever get to that point ever again. I did like to see in the very few glimpses od him at practice with the kings i saw somw of his moves, he still has a very good handle with the ball, if he plays center he certainly will have an advantage over most all.

No good scout thought his shot was a great one, but that it was adequate. He may be gaining in this area, he lost athleticism, he lost time playing on the court, but there is one thing you can do, practice your shot. So I think in the end his shot will be better than expected.

As a facilitator he's known to suck in the defense and dish for an easy hoop for an other player on his team, while he may have rhe vision for that, his athleticism set that up, only if hia athleticism comes back will he have that kind of MVP impact.

His first step, before his 2nd injury he would by the shoulder of any defender with his first step which step up his whole game. This is the key to him being the player that was the #1 HS recruit. Can he get that back I don't know.

I guess it's all about the correction to his knees. What is 100% now?

Maybe he his indeed Bobby Portis, or maybe he his Gannis, unfortunately like i said, we the desperate Kings fan will have to wait in agony.

Is there such player in between Gannis and Portis? That's what Giles may end up being, but i wont limit Harry, i would rather gamble on a player on a Gannis level than settle on a Portis level (not that there is anything wrong with that.)
    Last edited by sneak; 02-19-2018 at 08:16 PM.

I'm excited about his potential, particularly his passing ability. We have some good passers with Fox, Bogdan, Giles, and WCS. It would be really cool if we could also add Doncic.

Chris Webber.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

I have high and low expectations my high expectations are superstar/game changer for the Kings my low expectations are he is a solid allstar/great starter who can play the 4 and 5 they are saying Giles can shoot 3's better then Chris could at his age and they are saying he looks just as fast as he did in High school espicially with his first step so maybe we will see the #1 high school recruit Giles is my biggest hope but I think he will be that if we build around him and get good complementary players that fit what he does which isn't Bagley or Bamba I think Ayton, Porter and Doncic are the 3 players I go for Ayton fits as a solid 5 who can make it easier to cover the better big man. Porter helps spread the floor with his scoring and play making which is something people underrate about him and Doncic I don't have to say much about him